PDA

View Full Version : Hello

artisan
22-02-2013, 08:19
Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew and just after Christmas I was lucky enough to get a Quad 33, 303, fm3 and am3 set.

I wanted a Quad 33/303 when I was a teenager but it was beyond my finances at the time. So an ancient dream come true.

Cheers,

Andrew

MartinT
22-02-2013, 08:59
Hello Andrew from Australia and welcome to AoS. Which part of beautiful down-under do you live?

A full set of Quad equipment will certainly keep you happy. What speakers are you running and what kind of music do you like?

The Grand Wazoo
22-02-2013, 09:56
Hi Andrew & here's a welcome from me too. Isn't it great when you finally make a hifi dream come true?
What sort of music do you like to listen to?

Barry
25-02-2013, 00:48
Welcome to AoS Andrew,

Nice set of Quad electronics you have there. Are you running them into Quad speakers?

What sort of music do you listen to through your system?

Regards (a Quad aficionado)

artisan
25-02-2013, 09:38
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome. I live in the Dandenong Ranges on the outskirts of Melbourne.

I am running them through a pair of Wharfedale 505.2 speakers. They have only been used for a couple of hours since new, so they are pristine.

As for music, well quite varied, Jan Garbarek plus a few others on the ECM label. Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd, Return To Forever, even Incredible String Band.

All the quad pieces were revised by Dada here in Australia and I am assured that they were from the original owner from new. Love the sound !

Any comments, advise or surgestions are always welcome.

Cheers,

Andrew

MartinT
25-02-2013, 15:56
Ah, Melbourne. I lived there for a while in the early 1970s, bet it's a little different now. I remember Dandenong when all the football results used to be called out!