PDA

View Full Version : Sugden P28 Power Amp.

Rick E
21-02-2013, 22:03
This is a very good amp. Also in very good condition.
Bought to scratch an itch, but now needs a new home following the agreed purchase of yet another amp. Ignore my post count, there are plenty here that know me well, and know the normal kit level in this house.

A finding I must point out to any potential buyers is that I have had problems using Kimber cable with it. I don't know if that is going to be the case with all high capacitance wires as I only have the one h/c cable. It is absolutely fine with every other cable I have.

The only other thing to mention is that it runs hot and will need adequate ventilation.

Plenty of power on tap, and with bags of depth and detail along with the unmistakable class A Sugden sound.

Price is a rediculous £175.00 collected from just outside worksop in North Nott's. Shipping is an option, but in a none original box.

A full demo is no problem if required.

Edit:

Following a very informative conversation with Tony Miller at Sugden, it would seem that the length of my cables might be the issue (5.5m).
These amps were tested in manufacture with a capacitive load and designed accordingly, But Tony thinks mine might be too long.

So, assuming your cable is shorter, this will likely be fine with any wire. I am not yet willing to chop mine down to experiment though :D

freefallrob
22-02-2013, 13:29
I can vouch for Rick, top bloke and unrepentant box swapper!

Rick E
22-02-2013, 13:55
I can vouch for Rick, top bloke and unrepentant box swapper!

Cheers Rob.

What happened to your sig?

freefallrob
22-02-2013, 14:00
It fell off :-)

Rick E
23-02-2013, 16:23
Up :doh:

bigmarty
23-02-2013, 18:46
:worthless::worthless:

MannUp
11-01-2014, 15:57
Good afternoon. Whatever happened to your Sugden P28? Is it still available?

Regards

Simon