PDA

View Full Version : Tonearm Right Angle Din Advise

RobbieGong
20-02-2013, 22:27
Hi - I currently have a Furutech carbon din fitted to my Yannis 423.5 which although very nice indeed is restricted by the shelf it is on everytime I do vta adjust which is pretty frustrating. Can anyone recommend a quality Right angled tonearm din that wont break the bank. Secondly - this looks good value, is it any good ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-DIN-RF-TONEARM-PLUG-5-PIN-FEMALE-RIGHT-ANGLED-2-SIZES-UP-8mm-CABLE-/121062200261#ht_1191wt_958 and finally is it easy for me to remove the carbon din from my Yannis and would any right angled din be easy to fit ? Thanks as always :)

DSJR
22-02-2013, 12:28
Thanks for the link - looks good and neater than the Cardas one I bought (I had to abandon the shell). As for fitting, if you're not really good at soldering (does yours use silver solder for example?), I'd politely ask someone like Johnnie at Audio origami if he'd do this for you. Johnnie does his own right angled plugs, but I think he does them himself for the pro Patch cables he uses.

Good luck anyway :)

sq225917
22-02-2013, 12:58
I have an unused Cardas one in my spares box. They are super easy to solder and fit. I got it cheap for £40, so you can have it for that inc post.

RobbieGong
22-02-2013, 18:07
Thanks for the link - looks good and neater than the Cardas one I bought (I had to abandon the shell). As for fitting, if you're not really good at soldering (does yours use silver solder for example?), I'd politely ask someone like Johnnie at Audio origami if he'd do this for you. Johnnie does his own right angled plugs, but I think he does them himself for the pro Patch cables he uses.

Good luck anyway :)

Hi Dave, Yes the one in the link looks tidy and i think he's 'neatened' it up even more according the sellers blurb. I dont think the contacts are gold like the Cardas though. btw, Why did you abandon the Cardas shell ? Just curious as I really dont want any probs with the fit of any right angled din I purchase.

Thanks for the offer Simon, not yet decided but will let you know.