PDA

View Full Version : The Division Bell

Bazil
20-02-2013, 20:32
I have been listening to this tonight and something has just dawned on me.
Roger Waters (who I am a big fan of btw.) was very critical of this album, particularly the lyrics and I think he wished that he was a part of it. It's got his vibe, not his message and it makes me wonder what this album would have been like with his input?

Barry
20-02-2013, 20:41
I have been listening to this tonight and something has just dawned on me.
Roger Waters (who I am a big fan of btw.) was very critical of this album, particularly the lyrics and I think he wished that he was a part of it. It's got his vibe, not his message and it makes me wonder what this album would have been like with his input?

Probably a whole lot better. But there again, it could have been more of Water's exorcising his demons - and I think the world and his wife had had more than enough of that!

Bazil
20-02-2013, 20:48
Probably a whole lot better. But there again, it could have been more of Water's exorcising his demons - and I think the world and his wife had had more than enough of that!

Yes I agree, but with the timing of the album he may of passed that point in his life and it may have been a classic Floyd album. ( That is if the other members stood round him with baseball bats while he wrote :D)

Barry
20-02-2013, 20:56
Well certainly Floyd were cruising, if not "running on empty" by that stage. I think the clash of egos between Gilmour and Waters would have guaranteed such a venture not to succeed.