PDA

View Full Version : A recycled Hi-Fi bug

dobias
17-02-2013, 23:10
Gentlemen,
My first 16 years of retirement has had me continue touring on my motorcycle. That's behind me now.
I've also reentered the world of audio and find the changes facinating.
Frank, aka 'dobias'

Thing Fish
18-02-2013, 00:04
Welcome Frank, What sort of music do you listen to? and what does your setup consist of at the moment...:cool:

The Grand Wazoo
18-02-2013, 00:29
Hi Frank,
Welcome to AoS.
Just a thought: having quite a UK orientated membership, it might be good to let the AoS folks know what that MI in your location represents.

So what sort of music do you like to listen to then Frank?

Cheers

synsei
18-02-2013, 00:48
I'm guessing the MI is Michigan Chris ;)

Welcome to the fold Frank, hope you enjoy your stay :cool:

EDIT: Indeed, after checking on Google Earth, Suttons Bay is in Michigan and very pretty it is too :)

The Grand Wazoo
18-02-2013, 00:52
Well, yes....I know what it means, but it helps if it's clear to everybody where folks are - especially when they're recommending stuff etc.

dobias
18-02-2013, 16:05
I have an Audire SS preamp & amp with Wharfedale 12CS-AL apeakers (I've collected several) in the living room. For my loft area, I've over built an SET 2.5 watt tubed amp powering 5 Ft. high custom speaker cabinets housing 8 inch full range speakers with tweeter help.
I live in the NW (little finger) portion of mitt shaped lower Michigan at the 45th parallel.
I see your Ducati avatar. My last bike was a (heavily modded for touring, ride & braking) 2004 Yamaha FJR.
While I love well performed classical music, my wife has other tastes. She tolerates my jazz selections, especially my Billie Holiday collection.
Frank