PDA

View Full Version : Headshell Bargain Clearance!

Marco
26-03-2009, 14:45
Guys,

Marco-boy towers is beginning to turn into headshell city, so I've decided to sell some of my collection that is now surplus to requirements and (hopefully) give people a chance to bag a bargain :)

For sale are the following:

1x Original genuine NOS SME S2-R headshell for 3009s, etc, and Shure cartridges exactly as shown here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.hk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270304297021#ebayphotohosting

This is completely unused, boxed, and in mint condition. It was bought in November last year for a project that didn't happen - you know how it is folks :eyebrows:

COST NEW: £45.00 SELLING FOR: £25.00 *** NOW SOLD ***

1 x Zu-Supreme headshell (same as the Sumiko), exactly as shown below, although used and in very good condition:

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=LPGZHEAD&Category_Code=HEADSHELLS

COST NEW: $49.95 SELLING FOR: £15.00 *** NOW SOLD ***

1 x Audio Technica LH-18 bought new in November last year and exactly as shown below. I now use my FR S/5 so it seems a shame not to let it go to a good home where it'll get more use. It's of course been used but it is in mint condition and comes boxed with all original packaging:

http://www.joynetmall.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1520&osCsid=5e423194488dd285aa261437b36c86d9

These are ideal for all SL-1200/1210 fans using DL-103 cartridges, as it get the mass spot-on and so makes all 103s sound fantstic! :)

COST NEW: $80.00 SELLING FOR: £45.00 *** NOW SOLD ***

Lastly, I have a brand new set of high quality Cardas headshell leads. These are completely unused and are as shown below:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Cardas-HSL-PCCE-Headshell-Leads

These would work very well with any of the above headshells and are a step-up in quality from the usual 'freebie', poor quality, leads that come with detachable headshells. I also prefer them to the leads which are included with the currently popular Sumiko headshells.

COST NEW: $48.00 SELLING FOR: £12 *** NOW SOLD ***

Please note that some prices may be negotiable so don't be afraid to make an offer. You never know, it might be accepted ;)

Interested parties please either PM me here or email me at:

framed6images@aol.com

Come and grab a headshell bargain! :cool:

Marco.

jonners
26-03-2009, 14:51
email coming your way regarding the LH-18.

John

A.N.
26-03-2009, 17:33
marco, will the cardas headshell leads fit an ittok, the ones i'm using (came with the arm and frankly, are poo!)
if so, i'll bung the money in a jiffy bag and get it off to you pronto :)
cheers, Al :)

Marco
26-03-2009, 18:10
Al, yep, they're standard fitting. PM your addy and we'll sort it out :)

Marco.

A.N.
26-03-2009, 18:18
coolio, pm on its way :)

symon
26-03-2009, 20:40
Would you recommend any of these lovely bargains for use with a Goldring Lenco GL75 or a Technics DD 33?

Marco
26-03-2009, 21:16
Hi Symon,

What kind of arms are you using on those decks - do they both have SME-type detachable headshells? :)

Marco.

Beechwoods
26-03-2009, 21:29
I'm not sure that the straight L75 arm does have an SME compatible headshell. How can you tell? I do know that the highly desirable L75-S s-shaped tonearm does though... what makes something SME compatible, Marco?

Marco
26-03-2009, 22:09
If the bayonet fitting (stem) on the detachable headshell looks like the one in the Zu-Supreme shown below:

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=LPGZHEAD&Category_Code=HEADSHELLS

Observe the bit which goes into the arm - does the fitting look compatible with that on the Lenco arm and its stock partnering headshell? :)

All the headshells I'm selling are 'SME-type'.

Marco.

symon
26-03-2009, 22:34
I was just thinking about this before I came back here. The Lenco has a stock arm and I haven't got the Technics, yet. But I doubt it will have anything other than the stock arm.

I need to follow your links before I can answer properly because I have no idea what the question means yet!

Marco
26-03-2009, 22:39
Hi Symon,

Maybe Beechy can help you with the Lenco - I know next to nothing about them or what the stock arm is like, but if the Technics has a stock arm (which seems likely) then the Zu-Supreme headshell I'm selling will match it very well.

Perhaps the Zu for the Techy and the SME for the Lenco (as both the latter are 'retro' in design), providing that the Lenco will take an SME-type detachable headshell?

I'll do you a good deal on both (PM me for details), if the SME is suitable for the Lenco :)

Marco.

symon
26-03-2009, 22:49
I'm very tempted. But, I must wait until I get the Technics - hopefully next week. But, I am tempted!

Marco
26-03-2009, 22:52
LOL, it's up to you... I doubt they'll be there next week, though. £30 bags 'em both! ;)

Marco.

symon
26-03-2009, 22:55
Damn! Yes, I thought they might move too quickly for me to make a firm decision. Now thinking harder!

Marco
26-03-2009, 22:57
A PM to me to close the deal is only a click away... ;)

Marco.

symon
26-03-2009, 23:09
For tonight at least, I shall hold off from that click! I'm not convinced they would work with either of the turntables. Need to do some more research and learning...

Marco
26-03-2009, 23:19
No worries, dude - you know where they are :)

Marco.

Marco
27-03-2009, 00:49
All gone now - cheers, chaps! :cool:

Marco.

Beechwoods
27-03-2009, 07:11
FWIW I pulled out one of my Lenco headshells and I'm sure that the fixing is different to the SME. There is a collar which screws onto the headshell, rather than a bayonet grip.

If you want an 'original' Lenco with the stock arm I'd go for the lightweight Lenco headshell (with holes in the top). There are various tweaks you can do to ensure the arm is working to it's full potential. IMO the original arm isn't half as bad as some folks suggest. If you wanted to customise the Lenco, your best place to start is a new arm rather than just the headshell. There are a bunch of arms that 'drop in' to the Lenco arm holes.

http://www.btinternet.com/~a.d.richarson/hifi/lenco/lenco_avocado.html#arms

The Linn LVV is a good looking budget arm but they don't tend to turn up as regularly as the Linn LVX which also works but looks 'orrible.

I think it's worth remembering that performance is going to be more noticeably influenced by speakers and amp, cartridge matching and setup, rather than the tonearm or headshell. Get the basics right then tweak the 'arm :)

symon
27-03-2009, 10:04
Yes. My first challenge will be to get the right cartridge and stylus. I haven't really begun thinking properly about this yet. I'm still trying to get the platter off, so putting the arm together and getting a cartridge and stylus is down the road a bit yet.

Beechwoods
27-03-2009, 20:25
There's a knack to getting the platter off...

Lenco Heaven has this to say: http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=72.0

- First, try to pry it off using your fingers:
Using both hands, work your fingers under the lip on the platter, on opposite sides of the spindle to maintain symmetry. This ensures that the force on the bearing and top plate is straight up, and not sideways.

- Now, lift the platter till it "stops" and then try to force it further.

If you are lucky, the platter will now pop loose from the spindle.

- If the platter is stuck so much that you cannot get it loose using your fingers, more drastic measures are needed.

- If you have a helper, you can pry the platter up with your fingers as far as it will go, and ask your helper to tap on the spindle with the handle of a large screwdriver or block of wood. One light tap should loosen the spindle, after which the platter can be lifted off.

- If you there is no helper around, you can fold some pieces of paper, and use them as a wedge to hold up the platter.

For me, Steps 1+2 were enough to get the platter off mine. The key is firm but constant pressure, once the platter has shifted that first few mm...

Hope this helps :)

symon
27-03-2009, 20:27
Yes. I tried that the other day and it didn't work. But, on thinking about, I think I know why (it involves me being stupid so I'll say no more!) I'll be trying again this weekend.

alfie2902
30-03-2009, 20:34
Marco

let me know when your shifting the FR S/5 :lolsign: it will work real nice on my FR 64s!!!! probably even better than on the SA-750D:eyebrows:

Take care alfie