PDA

View Full Version : MOJO & UNCUT CDs - FREE!

Clothears
16-02-2013, 08:06
Having a clear out and I have a number of Mojo and Uncut magazine freebie CDs sat gathering dust. I cleared out all my old freebie CDs back in 2011 but they have built up again. So I have all the Uncut and Mojo CDs from July 2011, that's 21 each. As with all cover CDs there is some shite but there are some really good ones as well, alright for the car etc.

I've had my pleasure out of them and not looking for any money, just the cost of P & P which I don't know at the moment.

If you're interested drop me a line.

Cheers

Dave

Clothears
16-02-2013, 11:11
Looks like they're sold now!

Cheers

Dave

MikeMusic
20-02-2013, 09:02
Looks like they're sold now!

Cheers

Dave
Thanks very much to Dave
All arrived in perfect condition
Now to find some time to listen to them all !

zygote23
20-02-2013, 09:39
I never even open the CD's I get with Uncut....and they drove me daft for a while lying about the house. Then I noticed that someone was selling them on Discogs so I stuck a few on and they do sell intermittently. Usually for more than the cost of the magazine too which I cannot fathom.

MikeMusic
20-02-2013, 09:47
I never even open the CD's I get with Uncut....and they drove me daft for a while lying about the house. Then I noticed that someone was selling them on Discogs so I stuck a few on and they do sell intermittently. Usually for more than the cost of the magazine too which I cannot fathom.

Helps my education at worst, hearing bands I don't know.
5-10% of the tracks are by artists I investigate further as the music is excellent.

Clothears
20-02-2013, 18:55

To be honest I couldn't be arsed trying to sell them for 99p each or whatever. I'd much rather someone on these boards enjoyed them instead, which hopefully Mike will.

When I sold my collection back in 2011 I had roughly 250+ CDs(Mojo/Uncut/Word/Q/Vox) going back to the mid 90's. Sold them as a job lot and got £60 for the lot.

I play them, rip them, and tend to forget them. Over the years there's been some great ones in amongst the not so great (especially the Mojo ones).

I got into Porcupine Tree off the back of first hearing the track Piano Lessons on a freebie. Same with The Decemberists and The Oysterband. I think I've subsequently bought everything that those bands have released so the freebies worked on me!

MikeMusic
21-02-2013, 08:14
To be honest I couldn't be arsed trying to sell them for 99p each or whatever. I'd much rather someone on these boards enjoyed them instead, which hopefully Mike will.

When I sold my collection back in 2011 I had roughly 250+ CDs(Mojo/Uncut/Word/Q/Vox) going back to the mid 90's. Sold them as a job lot and got £60 for the lot.

I play them, rip them, and tend to forget them. Over the years there's been some great ones in amongst the not so great (especially the Mojo ones).

I got into Porcupine Tree off the back of first hearing the track Piano Lessons on a freebie. Same with The Decemberists and The Oysterband. I think I've subsequently bought everything that those bands have released so the freebies worked on me!
I like the education and have discovered artists I may never have heard of.
Also good to see tracks I have and love popping up, Ry Cooder, The Fall amongst them