PDA

View Full Version : Pure Sound M845 amplifiers stolen

pure sound
14-02-2013, 20:51
A pair of M845 amplifiers (as pictured below) has been stolen. This has happened in the Ellesmere Port area. The local police are aware of it. If you see a pair of these for sale anywhere at what looks like a suspicious price please contact me on 01822 612449.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/pure_sound/frontpair.jpg

There aren't that many pairs of these in private ownership in the UK. I know where all the pairs are that have been sold here so can check with their owners.
----------------------
This wasn't a burglary. This is someone who borrowed a set to try and who has, since Christmas, just vanished. He's left the address he was living at, not answering mobile phone, landline phone, email, no longer using Facebook etc. Someone who is an audiophile, is known to dealers in the area, does own and has paid for an Avid TT, Dynavector arm, Music First TVC etc so some expensive items but who has now just disappeared. The police (and his ex-wife!) are looking for him. I just want people to keep an eye out on any of the usual Used HiFi sites.
-----------------------
It does seem strange because the amount these amplifiers would raise in a Cash Convertors type place isn't worth running away for. They aren't well known enough to be valuable to those places.

synsei
14-02-2013, 21:32
Fear of imminent arrest and incarceration can spoil the listening experience I would have thought. What a prize chump, hope they turn up soon :cool:

istari_knight
14-02-2013, 21:39
Maybe he ripped someone else off that has gangsta connections hence the disappearance.... he went for a swim with the fishes etc :deceased:

Will keep an eye out, stuff that's been half inched usually turns up on gumtree & preloved a few months later.

Mr Kipling
14-02-2013, 22:11
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/pure_sound/frontpair.jpgIt does seem strange because the amount these amplifiers would raise in a Cash Convertors type place isn't worth running away for. They aren't well known enough to be valuable to those places.

Perhaps he knows something you don't?

They do look nice. He's obviously a person with taste. You've got to give him that.

chris@panteg
15-02-2013, 08:05
Sorry to hear about this Guy , he has to resurface sometime , hope he's caught soon !