PDA

View Full Version : FS Klipsch Heresy 111's (99db!)

scotty67
12-02-2013, 15:16
I've seen a nice Notts Analaogue tt that I fancy so the old JPW's are back in place (pinched from my son):lol:

These are the latest bi-wire version of the Heresy's in a Lacewood finish.

They are in excellent condition although they do have some blu tack marks on the bases that has lifted the veneer slightly - obviously not noticeable in situ.

All original packaging.

These are 99db efficient. I have been using them with my Art Audio 15 watt to pretty high levels in a largish room. Dynamics are outstanding.

I've read one review where they used a 3watt Shanling MC30 to good effect.

These are currently on offer at Audioemotion new for £1700. Usual retail £2000 plus £200 for Lacewood finish. I'm looking for £500 plus postage if required.

I found that these really need to be used on short stands firing up - see the youtube video. This gives good bass and a rather large soundstage.

Pics to follow.

Cheers, kev

scotty67
12-02-2013, 17:19
No longer for sale - NA tt gone:doh:

DSJR
13-02-2013, 12:29
Naughty, NAUGHTY speakers :lol:

Peter Stockwell
13-02-2013, 12:43
Ii wish they still made the Forte II's

DSJR
13-02-2013, 15:26
Amazing how such products which do so much wrong, sound so RIGHT on the right material ;)

scotty67
13-02-2013, 17:44
Phew, Klipsch back in place - lucky escape - they sound wonderful!

scotty67
13-02-2013, 17:55
Amazing how such products which do so much wrong, sound so RIGHT on the right material ;)

Yip, very revealing of source material. As it should be I suppose. These allow you to differentiate between sources much more easily.

With my JPW's, 2 CD players I auditioned sounded quite similar but through the Klipsch the top end of one was much smoother sounding.

Some say they don't do bass but set up properly they go from bass light to a lovely full sound - again highlighting how important room interaction is.

I can understand why many keep them for years as other components change.