PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!!!

PJH
12-02-2013, 13:46
Hi everybody,

I've just joined the forum. I run a recording studio in Johannesburg, South Africa. It's been going for about 12 years now. I came upon this forum whilst searching for info about a pair of speakers that I have "been around" for most of my life. They are a pair of Goodmans Magnum Ks which was bought by my father back in 1969.

I have grown up with these speakers and have gotten so used to the sound that I installed them into the studio as part of the reference speakers that I keep going back to.

Unfortunately the midranges have packed up and I cannot seem to source anyone that can repair them. It looks like I'll have to find a suitable replacement. Anyway, after searching this forum I have found a few people that also have these speakers. I'd like to contact them and pick their brains about going about sorting these speakers out. I have come to depend on them and I cannot imagine not having them around.

Anyway, I wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to chatting about stuff.

Cheers,

Peter.

John
12-02-2013, 18:27
Hi Peter
We have a few people here who should be able to point you in the right direction it might be best to ask in Blank canvas
I been to Cape Town a few times a amazing experience Table Mountain is fantastic and some great wine in the area
What music do you enjoy

PJH
13-02-2013, 12:37
Hi Peter
We have a few people here who should be able to point you in the right direction it might be best to ask in Blank canvas
I been to Cape Town a few times a amazing experience Table Mountain is fantastic and some great wine in the area
What music do you enjoy

Hi John,

Since posting yesterday, I managed to find someone to repair the fuzzy midrange. I took it in this morning and should get it back on Friday. I will then have refurbished both bass drivers and both midranges. Just the tweeters to worry about after that.

I also want to recap the crossovers.

I'm still into progressive rock but obviously being involved in music production I have to listen to all kinds.

If you're interested my websites are:

www.foxglovestudios.co.za
www.peterhanmer.co.za
www.offtheedge.co.za

Cheers,

Peter.

John
13-02-2013, 15:31
We have quite a few people here into progressive rock on the site
Just checked out your websites. The solo album with the youtube link reminds me of bands like 4Front and Fourth Estate
Glad you sorted out your driver issues

Barry
13-02-2013, 18:19
Welcome to AoS Peter,

Hope you get your Goodmans Magnum K speakers sorted out soon.

Enjoy the forum

Andrei
21-02-2013, 01:41
Ex Banana Boy here, since defected to the All Blacks. I have spent two weeks in Cape Town (to play chess would you believe). Truly the planet's most beautiful city.