PDA

View Full Version : WTD - ECC83 / 12ax7 / 5751 matched pair

Lee Henley
09-02-2013, 16:29
Having just brought me a valve dac, Im looking to see if anyone has any matched pairs of the above mentioned valves. The current valves installed are Tungsol so I don't need a pair of these

Cheers

Lee

lordmortlock
09-02-2013, 17:26
A nice pair of matched Telefunkens Lee? Wonderful things, tested as very good last year and not used since. Pm me of you're interested.

Hope you're well mate, Jake

Lee Henley
09-02-2013, 17:52
Hi Jake

That might be a possibility, Ive got a pair of Telefunkens in my phono stage, I will swap them into the dac and see how they sound

Hope your well too mate

Lee

BTW this Jolida dac is a bit special mate, ask AlanB

da2222
09-02-2013, 18:04
pm sent...

lordmortlock
09-02-2013, 19:57
Interesting! Looks very nice Lee ...

Lee Henley
09-02-2013, 20:32
Interesting! Looks very nice Lee ...

Sounds nice too, to be honest mate it's a bloody bargain at £450

oceanobsession
09-02-2013, 23:25
Hi lee, did you buy the first jolida model you heard and is it still hitting the
mark, ive just been looking at the various ecc83 valves on ebay and there
getting very expensive these days, mullard philips or ei would be my choice,
and in that order. these look like a great pair of mullards see pm.

Lee Henley
10-02-2013, 08:43
Hi lee, did you buy the first jolida model you heard and is it still hitting the
mark, ive just been looking at the various ecc83 valves on ebay and there
getting very expensive these days, mullard philips or ei would be my choice,
and in that order. these look like a great pair of mullards see pm.

I brought the MK1 in the end, will have a look on the bay

Lee Henley
10-02-2013, 14:27
Hi Jake

That might be a possibility, Ive got a pair of Telefunkens in my phono stage, I will swap them into the dac and see how they sound

Hope your well too mate

Lee

BTW this Jolida dac is a bit special mate, ask AlanB

Hi Jake

Rolled in the telefunkens and for some reason they are a bit too thick sounding in the bass so Im going to have to pass mate

Lee

Riislingen
10-02-2013, 19:40
Hi Lee,

I have a matched pair of Mazda ecc803s, I bought off of Marco a year ago. Have been keeping them as spares, but need cash for new investments.

They are gold pins, short plates and is probably manufactured by Tesla - not the JJ stuff. They are NOS and sound very neutral with no bloat or sizzling treble. Might be exactly what you are looking for.

I paid 80 pounds back then, yours for 50 if you are interested, I'm sure mr. Marco can chip in and vouch for their quality and tone as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike
12-02-2013, 17:48
I've got a pair of TJ Full Music 12AX7's. I'm not really looking to sell, but I'm not using them at the moment if you just fancy something to try?

If you like them I'm sure we could sort something out, but no worries if not! :)