PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

Daniel_47
08-02-2013, 09:25
Hi Everyone,

My name is Daniel and I am located in Malta. My interest in Hifi and music started when I was still 11 watching my elder brothers buying a Garrard turntable and a Philips speakers and amplifier ! As for music I was already listening to Doors/Deep Purple/Cat Stevens/Slade and King Crimson.

I like most genre of music but classic rock/Jazz soundtracks and any good recording CD really.
I have recently changed my system, which consists of MF Nuvista Amp and CD, I also have an Oppo 95EU blu ray which i use as an sacd as well, and Dynaudio Sapphire and Contour S 1.4 speakers.

Hope to make some new friends here, as over this island it is very hard to find some hifi enthusiasts, plus there are no really any Hifi shops.

Thanks to everyone !

Daniel

Riislingen
08-02-2013, 10:27
Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum!

Nice equipment, being a dane, I have a thing for Dynaudio :D

Share your love for classic rock and jazz as well.

Enjoy your stay, lots of great people around here.

/M

Daniel_47
08-02-2013, 15:36
Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for your reply, what system do you have?

Riislingen
08-02-2013, 20:00
Hi Daniel,

My current heap of junk is listed in my profile (about): http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?u=2086

In short, Harbeth, Pass, Croft and some other bits and blops. I had a pair of Contour 1.8 years ago, later on a pair of Audience 42 - they got me back in the Hifi game after years on hold. I had them for 3 months and went on an upgrade spree, starting again. My son is now using those small Dynaudios with a Cyrus I amp a bit of Van den Hul cable and an Ipod dock. Brilliant products..

Daniel_47
08-02-2013, 20:12
Hi Daniel,

My current heap of junk is listed in my profile (about): http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?u=2086

In short, Harbeth, Pass, Croft and some other bits and blops. I had a pair of Contour 1.8 years ago, later on a pair of Audience 42 - they got me back in the Hifi game after years on hold. I had them for 3 months and went on an upgrade spree, starting again. My son is now using those small Dynaudios with a Cyrus I amp a bit of Van den Hul cable and an Ipod dock. Brilliant products..
Hi Mikkel,

Nice set up, like you said once a hifi enthusiast always be, and changing equipment is part of the fun ! Like I said I got hold of the sapphires last year and they sound fantastic, besides looking stunning.

I now need to invest in a some good quality speaker cables both for the sapphires and the contour, I would need to buy online as there are no hifi shops around anymore. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Daniel

MartinT
08-02-2013, 20:20
Hi Daniel and welcome to AoS. Those MF nuvista products are interesting.

Riislingen
08-02-2013, 20:32
Hi Mikkel,

Nice set up, like you said once a hifi enthusiast always be, and changing equipment is part of the fun ! Like I said I got hold of the sapphires last year and they sound fantastic, besides looking stunning.

I now need to invest in a some good quality speaker cables both for the sapphires and the contour, I would need to buy online as there are no hifi shops around anymore. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, you are right on the money with the enthusiast part :D

Whatīs your budget ?

Dynaudio is very correct and dynamic sounding, the bass is present, tight and dry - at least thatīs my experience. They can sound good with a wide variaty of equipment. I like a slightly more warm and organic touch to my sound, so if I had to choose a speaker cable iīd consider the following:

1. Cardas
2. Analysis Plus
3. Audio Note
4. DNM
5. Van den Hul

These are cables from the top of my head, I know them well and belive they would be a good match to a highly neutral speaker.

Daniel_47
09-02-2013, 16:13
Hi Daniel and welcome to AoS. Those MF nuvista products are interesting.
Hi Martin,

Thanks, yes the MF have a great sound, I pair them with Dynaudio Sapphires and they blend quite well. I am now look for a good pair of speaker cables that wont break my back! i am cosnider Chord epic, Van den Hul or Black rhodium, Audioquest as I said it is very unfortunate that I dont have the luxury to try any of these out so I need to rely on reviews.

My budget is around 400 to 600, do you have any suggestions. BTW would you know where i can get the Yello Touch ablum plus dvd?

Many thanks

Daniel

Daniel_47
09-02-2013, 16:15
Thanks Daniel, you are right on the money with the enthusiast part :D

Whatīs your budget ?

Dynaudio is very correct and dynamic sounding, the bass is present, tight and dry - at least thatīs my experience. They can sound good with a wide variaty of equipment. I like a slightly more warm and organic touch to my sound, so if I had to choose a speaker cable iīd consider the following:

1. Cardas
2. Analysis Plus
3. Audio Note
4. DNM
5. Van den Hul

These are cables from the top of my head, I know them well and belive they would be a good match to a highly neutral speaker.
Hi Mikel,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate, budget for the speaker cables would be between Euro 400 to 600, as I need to invest in a good pair for the Sapphires.

Regards

Daniel

Rare Bird
09-02-2013, 16:18
Welcome Daniel

I think you probably the first member from Malta, very spookey this as i was only reading a book this morning about Operation Pedestal

MartinT
09-02-2013, 16:24
My budget is around 400 to 600, do you have any suggestions.

For that money, the Tellurium Q Black would take some beating.

Daniel_47
09-02-2013, 17:53
Hi Rare Bird !

Good to hear about your reading, yes op pedestal was one of the most interesting op in WW II, should you ever come over to our Sunny island, and if WWII history interests you, you wont be disappointed.

BTW I did enjoy reading yesterday, the best albums recorded and yours were quite interesting.
I am now after more the recording quality of music, right now I am listening to Antonio Forcione 'Touch Wood' he is amazing on the NAIM Lablel.

Daniel_47
09-02-2013, 17:55
Thanks a lot! I will make a find out. On another note would know anything re Bel Canto Pre Amp Pre E3?

Thanks

Colin Wonfor
10-02-2013, 05:00
Hi Daniel,

Welcome, It has been a long time since I was in Malta, I have very fond memories of old cars and the lovely people.
And fantastic bus drivers he he
:)

Daniel_47
10-02-2013, 09:40
Hi Colin,

Thanks for your kind words ! We changed the buses about a year ago though !! Nice to hear from, and since I see you are from Tellurium Q, I have some queries, unfortunately I cannot audition any of your cables over here, but I happen to be in Bristol in two weeks time for the Hifi show, for the very first time.

So I have two questions,
1. Is there a hifi shop nearby in Bristol were I can audition your products ?
2. Can you supply me with your european dealers as the ROE with the Euro at this time is equivalent to 1GBP = 1.18 Euro so I might save a bit there.
3. My sys consist of MF Nuvista amp and CD and Dynaudio sapphire speakers, I need to have a decent pair for this system and my budget is around 400 to 600, plus I will also go for a few pairs of interconnects.

kind regards

Daniel