PDA

View Full Version : hello & goodbye

r100
03-02-2013, 22:09
i'm from the other forum and wow this thread is just as pathetic as the one you arr criticizing .. Bev get yourself a life and stop playing victim... you poor escapee ! so pathetic. this whole thing has blown out of all proportion and you continue to pour fuel on the flames. I think you are enjoying the attention after all.

synsei
03-02-2013, 22:10
Goodbye Rupert...

Dingdong
03-02-2013, 22:13
i'm from the other forum and wow this thread is just as pathetic as the one you arr criticizing .. Bev get yourself a life and stop playing victim... you poor escapee ! so pathetic. this whole thing has blown out of all proportion and you continue to pour fuel on the flames. I think you are enjoying the attention after all.

Was that it? Any more? Go on, get it all out. You'll feel better for it.

wee tam
03-02-2013, 22:14
wow , original poster waving his panties in the wind , thank god he didn;t do it in public

synsei
03-02-2013, 22:16
wow , original poster waving his panties in the wind , thank god he didn;t do it in public

:lol:

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 22:28
Actually r100 I haven't mentioned the 'other' sorry little forum or it's leader for MANY posts

The forum and the man are WAY out of my head already.... read my posts you silly person

MUCH more important things to think about, so go get a little life for yourself OK

Bev

wee tam
03-02-2013, 22:36
OP , piss of , hope you never ever have to coach someone through the big C , bean there done that , hope to god you ar bigger than that , bow out now

r100
02-06-2013, 00:16
I stick to what I said. Maybe I should have said it in softer terms but that was my feeling at the time and it is still valid today. Your reaction btw was over the top imho.

Now, maybe you could say I'm in the same situation but I'm not seeking any patting on my back or condolences or such... all I would like to gain from this forum at the moment is some breathing space. If this place is like HFS which is oppressing and full of dogma than I will leave.

The Grand Wazoo
02-06-2013, 00:28
This is not a good start Rupert - it's not that many minutes ago that I typed this (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=450742&postcount=83):

A little housekeeping, then please, if you are to stay with us. I'd like you to go to your original Welcome thread, which you posted here and make the introduction to yourself that you were asked to do when you joined AoS. We ask that you tell us a little about yourself, your system and musical tastes, but perhaps in your case, it would also be a good place to try to convince us that you really are nicer than your first post implies.

If you're looking for breathing space, you're not doing yourself any favours.

r100
02-06-2013, 00:30
GrandWazoo asked me to introduce myself properly.. so here goes:
I live in Switzerland, like skiing of course, windsurfing, music, etc. I got the hi-fi bug from a second hand AP30 and should have left it at that. Now my set is made up of a Quad 306, passive bte-designs preamp from ebay, kef ls50 speakers, NVA cables and IC's a N-50 streamer/DAC and a pair of off limits A40's but that is another story.

The Grand Wazoo
02-06-2013, 00:32
Thank you.

r100
02-06-2013, 00:32
This is not a good start Rupert - it's not that many minutes ago that I typed this (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=450742&postcount=83):

If you're looking for breathing space, you're not doing yourself any favours.

sorry, was typing at the same time you where writing this.

Marco
02-06-2013, 05:09
Hi Rupert,

You're very welcome on AoS - but *only* if you're here to talk about hi-fi and music in a respectful and friendly way, so please, let's see some evidence of that now with you taking part in discussions elsewhere on the forum, relating to those subjects.

I don't want to see any more references to Bev, Richard Dunn or HFS.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Audioman
02-06-2013, 08:24
http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45552

Marco - look here if you want to know what this silly twat is on about :doh: (you probaby have already). Rupert looks like a situation of your own making. No wonder RD is upset.

Paul.

The current situation as summed up by RD himself.

Two things just so we can be factual and none of this is personal it is business.

1 you bought amplifiers
2 you claimed they were faulty
3 I said it was more likely to be a system fault
4 you couldn't find it even though it was obvious
5 the *only* other option was to send amps back to see if I could find a fault
6 I couldn't find fault, so the option was return to you or refund
7 you asked for AP70 instead, I agreed as you still thought the fault was in A40's otherwise you would have had them back
8 now proved the fault is in system not in A40's so we go back to 6

As consequence to this the alternatives are.

1 send me £30 shipping cost and your property (A40's) will be sent back to you
2 don't send me the money and I will invoice you monthly for storage as from 1st July until you do
3 accept the costs I have had to accept on this sale of the A40's and I will refund you the balance

That is the end of the matter and any attempt to continue conflict or turn this to ad hominem will be removed and so will you.

I think also you should note this quote from an earlier post from you "an unfortunate chain of events and a unintentional misuse of the cables for which I take full responsibility"

r100
02-06-2013, 08:50
http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45552

Marco - look here if you want to know what this silly twat is on about :doh: (you probaby have already). Rupert looks like a situation of your own making. No wonder RD is upset.

Paul.

Hi Audioman, nice to meet you :rolleyes:

r100
02-06-2013, 09:04
Hi Rupert,

You're very welcome on AoS - but *only* if you're here to talk about hi-fi and music in a respectful and friendly way, so please, let's see some evidence of that now with you taking part in discussions elsewhere on the forum, relating to those subjects.

I don't want to see any more references to Bev, Richard Dunn or HFS.

Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

Thank you Marco. I will try my best but in some instances, l will have to put things straight. I may look like an idiot in this case but the information you see is partial and censored. And we all know now that the Dunn excels in distorting facts to make others look bad. That is the reality.

walpurgis
02-06-2013, 09:57
Chill Rupert. :)

AOS is a friendly place with (hopefully) relaxed personalities using it.

r100
02-06-2013, 10:49
Chill Rupert. :)

AOS is a friendly place with (hopefully) relaxed personalities using it.

It is so frustrating not to be able to defend myself... but I'll try and relax. Thank's man.

Figlet108
02-06-2013, 11:02
I've been thinking for a while that it might be fun to set up a separate forum called:
www.chiponmyshoulder.net or www.axetogrind.net as an *un-moderated* place for folks to air their online grievances.

It would free up the useful forums from pointless grief, give folks who have been 'wronged' a place to vent, and frankly provide an endless supply of morbid entertainment for those that get off on this kind of conflict.

What dya think, shall I set it up for a laugh and see what happens? :scratch:

P.S. this is not a piss-take, I'm actually serious

r100
02-06-2013, 11:07
I've been thinking for a while that it might be fun to set up a separate forum called:
www.chiponmyshoulder.net or www.axetogrind.net as an *un-moderated* place for folks to air their online grievances.

It would free up the useful forums from pointless grief, give folks who have been 'wronged' a place to vent, and frankly provide an endless supply of morbid entertainment for those that get off on this kind of conflict.

I don't think it would be a good idea. Would you use it after your experience with you know who ? It would be endless and pointless if the only objective was to set up a platform for people to through mud at each other. There are enough reality shows on TV nowadays. Just my opinion.

edit: all this is being read / copied over, can't we just have a nice discussion without having someone looking over our backs ?

Gordon Steadman
02-06-2013, 11:21
It is so frustrating not to be able to defend myself... but I'll try and relax. Thank's man.

What's past is past. You don't have to defend yourself. If you hadn't mentioned 'that other place' there would be no need anyway.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Figlet108
02-06-2013, 11:21
I guess you're right it would need some refining.

The objective would be to provide a place where folks who feel publicly wronged and have been denied a right to reply for whatever reason could at least state their side of things.

Usually after a few rounds of tit-for-tat arguments onlookers get a pretty good idea of what's what.

Maybe the software could automatically lock the thread after each party has had 10 retorts?

Gordon Steadman
02-06-2013, 11:25

Please don't. In the first place, there is enough unpleasantness around and there is plenty of entertainment, if thats what turns you on, on some of the existing forums (fori?)

For me there are people I am happy to co-exist with and people I ignore. Any grievance should be sorted face to face.

Alan
02-06-2013, 11:27

Someone else posted the following this week - must have had a similar experience!

Why do I keep thinking of registering fromthemouthofricharddunn.com?

Just sayin'...

Can't say I think it'd be a good idea myself, but the idea is funny!

Edit - I see that the idea was in more general terms than I thought - I apologize for jumping to conclusions!

r100
02-06-2013, 11:28
I guess you're right it would need some refining.

The objective would be to provide a place where folks who feel publicly wronged and have been denied a right to reply for whatever reason could at least state their side of things.

Usually after a few rounds of tit-for-tat arguments onlookers get a pretty good idea of what's what.

Maybe the software could automatically lock the thread after each party has had 10 retorts?

yeah ! but you still need to find a way to make some cash ... maybe a voting system like they had in the roman times only electronic ... then open the bets and cash in.

edit: :D:D:D

Gordon Steadman
02-06-2013, 11:32
edit: all this is being read / copied over, can't we just have a nice discussion without having someone looking over our backs ?

Sadly not, its a full time job for some to monitor what other people are doing. Just ignore them and enjoy what normal folk enjoy.

Figlet108
02-06-2013, 11:37
Gordon, ultimately I actually completely agree with you and it's certainly a site I would personally avoid at all costs if it existed. And you are right there is enough negativity and hate without providing another forum for it...

I was interested to see another hifi forum that had set up sister forums for taking the discussions of politics and religion to them instead of 'polluting' the hifi forum with that stuff. My mind was just musing with the thought of filtering away the conflict in forums somewhere else to leave the rest of us in peace.
Of course I'm dreaming and it would never work... :)

Figlet108
02-06-2013, 11:43
Alan, just to be clear, my posts are not aimed at anyone or any forum in particular.
I read a number of forums (not just hifi) and there is always conflict from time to time. Most of the time it's just the usual jostling of egos and no big deal.
But sometimes it becomes very unpleasant and just depresses me.
The problem-solving engineer in me can't help thinking about solutions to problems...

That's all really... it's just a Sunday afternoon discussion. Of course I'm not really going to set up a conflict forum. When I said my idea was not a piss-take, what I really meant was, Rupert I'm not taking the piss out of YOU, but just musing...

r100
02-06-2013, 11:46
What's past is past. You don't have to defend yourself. If you hadn't mentioned 'that other place' there would be no need anyway.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks'. I shouldn't of mentioned it, you're right.

r100
02-06-2013, 11:49
...When I said my idea was not a piss-take, what I really meant was, Rupert I'm not taking the piss out of YOU, but just musing...

it's fine, no worries :) I didn't take it that way.

r100
02-06-2013, 11:51
off on a bike ride... bye all.

DSJR
02-06-2013, 11:54
Just get your amps back, use the recommended wires with them CAREFULLY, and enjoy the sounds they make - is my advice anyway. No need to get into any dialogue, just keep it on a business level and hopefully all will turn out right. The Quad 306 has its (phase inverted) place, but with respect, it ain't going to do what the other amps do now, is it?

Marco
02-06-2013, 12:27
Thank you Marco. I will try my best but in some instances, l will have to put things straight...

Much as I share your sentiments, in reference to RD, I will have to insist that you do not discuss the matter here. We are distancing ourselves completely from HFS and its members, so any input of that type will be removed instantly and the person responsible banned.

Your presence here, Rupert, is only welcome if you wish to discuss hi-fi, music, and permitted off-topic subjects. I do hope I've made myself clear!

Marco.

r100
02-06-2013, 13:50
Much as I share your sentiments, in reference to RD, I will have to insist that you do not discuss the matter here. We are distancing ourselves completely from HFS and its members, so any input of that type will be removed instantly and the person responsible banned.

Your presence here, Rupert, is only welcome if you wish to discuss hi-fi, music, and permitted off-topic subjects. I do hope I've made myself clear!

Marco.

ok Marco. I'm not in the business of shiiting over someone but I'm so outraged by the man's actions .. it will take a little while for me to calm down. I'm loaded with negative vibes. The bike ride did help though ;-) and I will get over it and look forward to some constructive talk.

r100
02-06-2013, 13:53
Just get your amps back, use the recommended wires with them CAREFULLY, and enjoy the sounds they make - is my advice anyway. No need to get into any dialogue, just keep it on a business level and hopefully all will turn out right. The Quad 306 has its (phase inverted) place, but with respect, it ain't going to do what the other amps do now, is it?

will do.. btw the modded Quad has corrected phase ;-)

I got the mod here http://dadaelectronics.com/

Audioman
02-06-2013, 14:09
will do.. btw the modded Quad has corrected phase ;-)

I got the mod here http://dadaelectronics.com/

Pretty sure this is where I found out that Chinese Quad 606 had different parts that changed the intended sound designed in by Stan Curtis.

r100
02-06-2013, 14:13
Pretty sure this is where I found out that Chinese Quad 606 had different parts that changed the intended sound designed in by Stan Curtis.

could be.. these guys know quads inside out.. btw the sound from the modded amp is delicious IMO and on my setup and not far from the NVA kit

synsei
02-06-2013, 16:45
Hi Rupert and welcome to AoS :)

I own a sorted 306 too and it sounds brilliant to my ears. Some say the 306 is gutless but in my small listening room driving a pair of B&W DM2's it is anything but. To date it is the best sounding power amp I have had in my system :)

Tim
02-06-2013, 17:09
Well said Marco and I 100% agree with this. Personally I'm getting a little tired of folk 'crossing over' fora and slagging the last one off, in whatever direction it might be and I'm sure I'm not the only one - AoS is here for hi-fi and music and its well respected because of that . . .

:cool:

Now where did I put that Britney album that Alex lent me :scratch:

kenworthy100
02-06-2013, 17:16
Quad 306 is an excellent power amp and incredible value secondhand, having recapped a few over the years they always surprise me, you tend to forget you have a power amp in circuit and just relax with your music.

Welcome to AOS Rupert, enjoy the forum

synsei
02-06-2013, 17:17
It would seem that the only people bringing up the issue of inter-forum wars are those intent on warning others not to participate... :D

JazzBones
02-06-2013, 17:33
It would seem that the only people bringing up the issue of inter-forum wars are those intent on warning others not to participate... :D

Oh Well, this being Sunday lets all go listen to 'Songs of praise' on BBC channel 1 and give praise to the varied and wonderful bods that make up this sanctity of sanity that is AoS... praise be :D:lol: :kiss::grouphug:

synsei
02-06-2013, 17:35
Quad 306 is an excellent power amp and incredible value secondhand, having recapped a few over the years they always surprise me, you tend to forget you have a power amp in circuit and just relax with your music.

I absolutely agree with you there John. I know it is a very old and crusty cliché but it just gets out of the way of the music. I desperately need to upgrade the IC's running between the 306 and DR5 however, just now I am running a pair of Belkin PureSliver ICs and having carried out a few experiments throughout the rest of my system I now know they can be bettered significantly and for not a lot of dosh :)

r100
02-06-2013, 18:31
Hi Rupert and welcome to AoS :)

I own a sorted 306 too and it sounds brilliant to my ears. Some say the 306 is gutless but in my small listening room driving a pair of B&W DM2's it is anything but. To date it is the best sounding power amp I have had in my system :)

I glad there is some love for the Quad 306. I can only recommend the update from Dada for the power amp. Not for the 34 which I updated too but then settled with a tiny passive pre which is in fact a attenuator and a selector with some silver cable in it. The sound stage with this configuration is grandiose. Much more spacious than the 34/306 combination imo. (you can get it on ebay for less than 50£ .. search for bte-design passive pre amp). I would never go back to a active pre amp. I need to note also that I have NVA low capacitance cable (which you under no circumstance must NOT bundle or get scrxxed by the brown force :scratch: :stalks: )

Added bonus: the update for the 306 is much easier to implement and you really only need to know the basics of soldering to do it.

Best.

r100
02-06-2013, 18:47
Oh Well, this being Sunday lets all go listen to 'Songs of praise' on BBC channel 1 and give praise to the varied and wonderful bods that make up this sanctity of sanity that is AoS... praise be :D:lol: :kiss::grouphug:

amen !:cool:

MikeMusic
04-06-2013, 10:46
off on a bike ride... bye all.

Cycling - in Switzerland

Oh the pain

I may hate you
:)

trio leo
04-06-2013, 13:07
Hello Rupert,

Welcome to AoS, I enjoy nipping in and out of a few forums and I have experienced some quite aggressive snipes on the odd occasion, but not here.
I do feel that "it is just a hobby" and there are a lot of friendly folk here who just want to exchange experiences with other like minded people.

Enjoy your music

regards Al

r100
04-06-2013, 19:28
Cycling - in Switzerland

Oh the pain

I may hate you
:)

Hello Rupert,

Welcome to AoS, I enjoy nipping in and out of a few forums and I have experienced some quite aggressive snipes on the odd occasion, but not here.
I do feel that "it is just a hobby" and there are a lot of friendly folk here who just want to exchange experiences with other like minded people.

Enjoy your music

regards Al

Thank's all :)