PDA

View Full Version : Audio Note Oto SE

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 20:53
I have a mint condition Audio Note Oto SE line level integrated amplifier for sale

I have the original box and packaging

I believe these are approximately £2,500 new now so I was thinking nearly half price at £1,350, I think that's a bargain really

It is very very heavy so I am not too keen to post so pick up from Portsmouth would be preferable

While this is probably one of the best amplifiers I have ever heard I do not currently own suitable speakers to go with it to do it justice

This is a real wrench to sell to be honest but needs must

Rare Bird
03-02-2013, 20:59
Don't you fancy buying a pair of Audio Note 'AN-J' speekars they sould be good enough. Shame to let it go they are good amps..

Dingdong
03-02-2013, 21:04
Find speakers that do it justice. 'Tis an excellent amp.

Jonboy
03-02-2013, 21:11

+ 1

One more thing

:worthless:

chelsea
03-02-2013, 21:11
Yes get some AN or snell speakers.

Dingdong
03-02-2013, 21:13
Or even Living Voice. Sure I saw a pair for 450 somewhere.
I think there are some Snells on ebay.

southall-1998
03-02-2013, 21:14
Can vouch for the Snell Type J II Speakers. Very good sounding speakers that plays music!

synsei
03-02-2013, 21:15
Bev, I think you will regret selling the Audio Note hugely after it is gone, please, please, please hang on to it if you can. At some point in the future you may well acquire the speakers you need and then you will be absolutely gutted because you once had the amp to drive them... :eyebrows:

scotty67
03-02-2013, 21:18

I had an Oto SE Phono which was wonderful - used it with some cheap dual concentric Tannoy floorstanders and drove them surprisingly well - 636's I think.

I currently use Art Audio amps with roughly same output as the Audio Note with Klipsch Heresy 3's. Lovely sound with excellent scale and dynamics. If you set them up properly they also do bass ie on very short stands and firing up into the room. Worth a try and cheaper than AN speakers.

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 23:14
Thanks for all your comments but I would prefer to sell the Audio Note

I may well regret it sometime but for the moment I could do with the money really

Ninanina
13-02-2013, 22:20
Sorry but actually I have decided to keep the AN Oto for the time being

I just put it back into the system and it is just too good to sell

I will now probably search for some more suitable speakers for it

BUT I should say that if you ever get the opportunity to take a listen to this amp, you should

I cannot quite believe I have had this amp for 8 or so years and not plugged it in for very long.... it is superb

Bev

synsei
13-02-2013, 22:37
Told ya ;)

Ninanina
14-02-2013, 00:05
Yes you were correct synsei !!

Have you heard this amp yourself ?

synsei
14-02-2013, 00:12
In all honesty no, but people who's opinions I trust speak very highly of it. I kinda put myself in your position when you originally mentioned you were intending to sell it, and thinking of my amp, and realised I would not be able to go through with it. I am very happy you hooked it back into your system before you shoved it out the door :carrot: