PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined!

shevans
02-02-2013, 21:48
A very long time lurker but finally pushed the button, dont have a great deal to say but at least I'm here.

Started out as an electronics engineer in TV, photography and finally computing. I became a Radio amateur whilst still at school but although surrouded by technology much prefere a simpler life with less electroncics - says the man with an iPad mini in his hand.

Current system should be in my sig. sold my NVA pre and power amps ealier this year to use the money towards a house which never happened.

Very much a rock fan, 60s/70s, electronic such as Kraftwerk as well as ambient.

John
02-02-2013, 22:57
Glad you finally had the courage to join
I am sure yu have lots to say We don't usually bite

The Grand Wazoo
02-02-2013, 23:25
Hi Seppi,
Welcome to AoS, it's nice to have you here.
What's the origin of your name? I have only ever come across it as the manufacturer of Italian forestry machinery!

Cheers

shevans
03-02-2013, 07:52
Hi Seppi,
Welcome to AoS, it's nice to have you here.
What's the origin of your name? I have only ever come across it as the manufacturer of Italian forestry machinery!

Cheers

Hi Chris,

My first name is Austrian, my mum being Austrian chose the name. Quite common in Austria and Italy but normally get shortened to Sep. Surname is very Welsh!

Natalie NWA
03-02-2013, 08:42
Hi Sep, we come to AOS. Good forum and very friendly.

Natalie

Alan
04-02-2013, 12:33
Hello Seppi!

I haven't seen you on the forums for a heck of a time! How are you keeping?

I was spinning that Bowie disc the other day & wondering about you (it was you that sent it, wasn't it?)

All the best,

Alan

shevans
04-02-2013, 13:08
Hi Alan,

As you know I did post on the "other" forum, but its been through three or four different hosting and my enthusiasm waned after each time I had to sign up again.

It was indeed me who sent you the Bowie CD, too many duplicates were unearthed during a library moment :lol:

Seppi

Alan
04-02-2013, 13:25
Fairy nuff mate. Glad you're keeping alright then. I got myself banned from HFS, so never kept up with it.

Thanks again for the CD! :)

I see you've the Altratus interconnects - I read great things about them. How do you rate them?

shevans
04-02-2013, 13:57
Not saying anything about the HFS, best left to its own devices.

The Atratus (spelling?) interconnect is amazingly good, in the past I have struggled with trying to compare cables directly but I picked up a tip to play not so familiar music and able to instantly hear better playback. The cable seems to have good days / bad days but its more down to whats being played. Sometimes treble can sound confused / not clear (cannot describe it) but at other times fantastic, Its more to do with the cable liking some genres better and makes them excel.

One thing that jumped out was how much bass the Royds have with the Atratus.

Next purchase will however be a RFC Pluto interconnect, more than twice the price of the Pluto but has been given several good reviews including one by Jerry (jandl100).

Werner Berghofer
04-02-2013, 14:41
Seppi,

My first name is Austrian, my mum being Austrian chose the name.

“Seppi” actually is an affectionate or diminutive form of “Sepp”, which itself is a colloquial variant of “Joseph”, a very popular first name in Austria and Bavaria. The Italian version of “Joseph” is “Giuseppe”.

Kind regards,

Werner.

shevans
04-02-2013, 14:50
Seppi,

“Seppi” actually is an affectionate or diminutive form of “Sepp”, which itself is a colloquial variant of “Joseph”, a very popular first name in Austria and Bavaria.

Kind regards,

Werner.

Hi Werner,

I actually lived in Austria (Kaprun)and went to school there but was just being lazy with my explanation. I also have Josef (without the p), in my full name but a bit too complex to explain.

Seppi, aka Sepp / Sep / Zippy / Seppie and any other version you can think off :)