PDA

View Full Version : I'm escaping another forum

Ninanina
01-02-2013, 22:48
I really hope this forum is friendly and without rudeness

Whether its because I'm a girly I'm not sure but I cannot handle rudeness

I'm leaving another forum due to rudeness :)

Ali Tait
01-02-2013, 22:51
I like to think we have better manners here. Welcome.

Ninanina
01-02-2013, 22:52
Thanks Ali. I hope so

Marco
01-02-2013, 22:59
Hi Beverly,

Welcome to AoS! Would the other forum by any chance be Mr Dunn's place? ;)

Tell us about your system and music tastes :cool:

Marco.

Ninanina
01-02-2013, 23:00
Yes it would Dunns place

What a complete nightmare !!

Ninanina
01-02-2013, 23:03
Please call me Bev

Ali Tait
01-02-2013, 23:05
Yes, I've been on the receiving end there too.

Alex_UK
01-02-2013, 23:12
Welcome - generally well mannered gentlemen here - hardly ever gets rude, and if it does then they get a smacked bottom! (Some pay extra for that though!)

Hope you enjoy the forum - tell us a bit about your system or if you're looking to put one together, and a bit about your music likes - promise not to be rude! ;)

brian2957
01-02-2013, 23:28
Welcome Bev . Good to see you on the forum. I hope you enjoy it here . If you are looking for some information ,or just some light tempered banter , you've come to the right place.:)

Ninanina
01-02-2013, 23:32
System at the moment is:

NVA A70 mono blocks, will be going soon, also have NVA AP30, will be going soon

Meridian 506.20 cd

Cables are NVA Ls6, will be going soon, Ls5 and SSP ic

Royd Minstrel speakers, also have Ls 3/5a and a couple of other speakers to be sold soon

Also have an Audio Note Oto SE amp

Ali Tait
01-02-2013, 23:38
Any thoughs as to replacements?

Roy S
01-02-2013, 23:45
Hello Bev. We're not rude at all here as long as you steer clear of 'three words daily' :eyebrows:

Dingdong
01-02-2013, 23:59
Nice stuff, apart from the NVA (wouldn't touch that with a barge-pole).

I've heard a couple of Otto's recently and love them.

Shame about your experience elsewhere. Doesn't really do his business any favours does he.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 00:03
Does anyone have any ideas for replacements. I do quite like integrated amps

brian2957
02-02-2013, 00:04
Hope you're keeping the minstrels Bev . I sold mine and have regretted it since.:doh:

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 00:04
Rega :lol:

Spectral Morn
02-02-2013, 00:06
Welcome Bev to AOS - I too came originally to this forum to escape a cold, rude objectivist forum.

Hope you enjoy AOS :cool: like I do.

Regards Neil

Ali Tait
02-02-2013, 00:07
Do you prefer valves or SS?

synsei
02-02-2013, 00:11
Hello Bev and welcome to AoS :)

Despite Mr Dunn's somewhat abrasive attitude (understatement of the era that :D), recently I have become uncharacteristically curious about his A40 monoblocks and I sometimes wonder how they might sound in my system during my wilder 'Mr Hyde' moments... :eyebrows:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 00:12
I am definitely keeping the Minstrels, I love them dearly

I like musical amps whether that be tubes or ss

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 00:13

Despite Mr Dunn's somewhat abrasive attitude (understatement of the era that :D), recently I have become uncharacteristically curious about his A40 monoblocks and I sometimes wonder how they might sound in my system during my wilder 'Mr Hyde' moments... :eyebrows:

I have a set of A70's if you're interested

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 00:15

Dave, are you insane?

If you want I'll fill an icecream tube with a rats nest of assorted wire and assorted crap and set fire to it in your listening room. Might give you a similar effect.

synsei
02-02-2013, 00:16
They might be a bit much for my DM2's but I may entertain them, can you PM me with a target price please Bev ;)

synsei
02-02-2013, 00:18
Dave, are you insane?

If you want I'll fill an icecream tube with a rats nest of assorted wire and assorted crap and set fire to it in your listening room. Might give you a similar effect.

Ooh, a real fire, that'd be nice... :D

RichB
02-02-2013, 00:29
Welcome to AoS Bev. Yes we're well behaved here (mostly)...

vP0HHX4Ur9g

Cant say i know much about the other place, its residents or amps of choice but all's fair here.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 00:35
Synsei. Pm sent

synsei
02-02-2013, 00:40
PM answered :)

Jeff Nikon
02-02-2013, 06:10
Welcome to AOS Bev. No lynch mobs here but I'm jealous about your OTO.

Natalie NWA
02-02-2013, 06:27
Hi Bev, your not the only female on here and the guys on here are a great bunch.
Welcome and enjoy this forum as much we all do.

Everybodys had a taste of that person, treat it as water off a ducks back.

Natalie

vouk
02-02-2013, 07:54
Hi Bev and a warm welcome to AOS from me!
Like you, I had a similar experience with a couple of other fora around - rudeness was the least of my concerns - I occasionally witnessed what can only be considered as racist and outright offensive remarks, particularly in relation to my current country of residence.
My experience here has been completely different; all members here are as friendly and well mannered as they come - lovely bunch of people in fact!
Enjoy your stay! :)
J.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 08:04
Thank you all for your welcoming comments

I fail to see how "that man" sells anything. People should vote with their money and not buy anything further from him. He clearly has some very serious issues and with his disgusting attitude does not deserve to be in business

If you post just one little thing he's not keen on or doesn't agree with he removes the post, he's a control freak

I am glad to be out of it :D

jandl100
02-02-2013, 08:26
Hey, yeah, welcome to AOS, Bev! :wave:

Seems like you are winning on Mr Dunn's little popularity poll! http://hifisubjectivist.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45310&p=64039#p64039 :D

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 08:35
Thanks Jerry

And thanks for your comments in Docs place too. If people just thought for a while they would leave him for dead. Absolutely no one deserves the treatment I and many others have been given by the mad man

ALL NVA will be cleared from my house now as I don't want to even see the word NVA !;)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 08:39
Oh, and if people knew the whole truth I would easily win that stupid childish poll he's put together

I'm dealing with someone who is seriously ill with cancer and dealing with rude and stupid little small minded men like Doc is right at the bottom of my list of important things in life !!

jandl100
02-02-2013, 08:41
My pleasure, Bev. :)

[EDIT - very sorry to here about your situation as a carer]

I've met RD, and spent a pleasant few hours with him at his home, and he's actually a very nice & interesting guy. I have to confess that I like him.
To be fair, he also gives superb customer service in my experience and what I hear from others.
And his kit does sound very good and easily competes with his price competitors.

But yep, when he gets behind his keyboard ----- .

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DTusVjbcwxI/TauXci-2U7I/AAAAAAAAAAo/vUuO7G-iIYA/s1600/keyboard+warrior.jpg

:lol:

wiicrackpot
02-02-2013, 08:49
Hey, yeah, welcome to AOS, Bev! :wave:

Seems like you are winning on Mr Dunn's little popularity poll! http://hifisubjectivist.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45310&p=64039#p64039 :D
Jerry,

thanks for the link, my previous plea for a link or name of forum went on death ears, saved in my favourite. :cool:

Ali Tait
02-02-2013, 09:18
Oh, and if people knew the whole truth I would easily win that stupid childish poll he's put together

I'm dealing with someone who is seriously ill with cancer and dealing with rude and stupid little small minded men like Doc is right at the bottom of my list of important things in life !!
Sorry to read that Bev. I can sympathise, my partner has had cancer three times.

Clive
02-02-2013, 09:18
Bev, I'm sorry to hear about your caring situation. As last year I was doing the same I fully understand that it changes your perspectives, I found I gave annoying people a piece of my mind. Normally I'm easy going, possibly I shouldn't be but life is too short...but there's no excuse for being rude or abrasive just because contact is via a screen.

Good luck with the poll!

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 09:19
Jerry you just had a post removed. I suggest you post it again

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 09:22
Thanks Clive for you're comments

I too am easy going but people like him brings out the worst in people I think

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 09:25
Welcome Bev

:thumbsup:

littlest hobo
02-02-2013, 09:37
Hi Bev, your not the only female on here and the guys on here are a great bunch.

Natalie

Ditto Natalie's comment. Welcome Bev.

AOS was a great find for me, it's a truly great site inhabited by smashing people and has helped me to build 2 new systems from scratch. Now looking to go analogue and hoping AOS will see me through.

One word of warning! I've noticed that if you post any pics it seems compulsory to feature an opened bottle of wine somewhere in the frame. :eyebrows:

julesd68
02-02-2013, 09:39
And another warm welcome from me, another ex-NVA user!

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 10:07
Jules are you an ex NVA user because of the man or the gear ??

julesd68
02-02-2013, 10:18
Hi Bev,

I used to own an NVA AP50 integrated and was very happy with it. Just got to the point where I wanted to experiment with tubes. I can't fault the amp or the service I received from Richard.

However, one thing I would say is that it was often a frustrating and lonely life being an NVA user. Sadly, outside of Richard's own forum, his reputation overshadows the merits of the gear and there is a distinct reticence to objectively discuss said merits, mainly due to reasons that brought you to AOS in the first place!

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 10:22
I see that Doc has now removed the poll. I had 9 votes and he had only 3. He was loosing the poll big time and that's the only reason he has removed it

He just cannot handle being wrong

He says i voted 4 times, that is NOT correct i voted once and someone who is also a member voted using my pc and that's the truth. So as well as everything else he is also a liar

Thanks for anyone that voted in my favour

Although I still think the whole thing was utterly childish, but that's the man

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 10:27
Onwards and upwards Bev - he'll never change and no point pretending he will - best bet is to just ignore the whole lot of them.

Alan
02-02-2013, 10:39
Hi Bev,

I hope you are happier here on AoS, I'm sad to hear how you feel. HiFi is only a hobby, and should be enjoyed. It should be a distraction (in a good way) that helps you get through the day, not a negative one that weighs on your mind. Especially for someone like you, who has real serious concerns to deal with. Keep it up Bev, you're a marvel!

I'm afraid I missed all the fireworks, I haven't looked HFS for over a year now, but I'm sure I can imagine what went down.... I assume you've been informed it was all your fault? :mental: Seriously, I don't think he sees a problem in how he acts (or rather, reacts). I would bet money he thinks the whole thing is your fault, not his. His wiring is slightly different, if you catch my drift (in more ways that one, according to some!), so although his actions are sometimes odious, perhaps he's not aware of it. Maybe it's best not take it so personally, live and let live?

What does surprise me is that so many people (who are supposedly 'done with Dunn') feel the need to rubberneck RD's opinions on his blog/forum. :rolleyes: Get a life, people!

-Edit- I can't really say what I wanted, if I saw it on the forum I help to mod, I would remove it. It would only stimulate more hot air (it wasn't rude, honest)

Look Bev, please don't see this as patronising, but there's no need to cut off your nose to spite your face. What I mean is this: I have no wish to support RD, but his designs really sound very fine (whatever people who like sniping may infer). In fact, I don't think there's much that gets close to being so good for anything like the same money. If you like how NVA make music sound (and I certainly do), then by all means stick with it. There's not too much out there that does the same thing (for sensible money), if you're listening for the same things as I think you might be. If you are really moving on from all the hassle, why let RD influence you further, by your thinking you should move the gear on?

I was 'disowned' by RD some time ago, and advised by email to sell my amp, as NVA wouldn't support me as a customer. I have had it for several years since, even using TQ cables on it (I was told it would blow up very soon if I did that - it didn't, it was just FUD marketing). It hasn't gone wrong at all in that time. Your gear should give you many years of happiness yet, if you still want it - it's all about the music in your home, and NVA or RD are nothing to do with that.

Keep your chin up Bev, especially in real life. It sounds like you have more serious things on your mind. Don't be surprised that you find rudeness in the world of HiFi, it's mostly filled with older men who never grew up properly. They probably fart 'n burp 'n everyfink!

Haselsh1
02-02-2013, 10:50
Welcome Bev, its nice to see you here. Leave the past where it belongs, a long way behind you and try to move on with the future as that is usually where happiness lies.

RobbieGong
02-02-2013, 10:59
Welcome Bev - Best forum ever ! You are going to love it here :)

Tim
02-02-2013, 11:06
Hi Bev and welcome to AoS from me too and I think the above is mostly right, but from my observations of Richard, I think it would be fairer to say he finds it hard to accept that people do differ in their opinions and that if they differ to his, he finds this even harder to accept.

In reality there is no total right or wrong, especially when it comes to Hi-Fi as we all have different ears and different tastes, but whatever makes you happy is the right place to be ;)

It is a real shame he presents himself online in a less than favourable light as I have wanted to try his gear in the past as I like to support British Hi-Fi manufacturers when I can, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because of his forum ranting. He was a member here and posted some very reasoned and informative posts, but they often spiralled into a black hole of doom when someone disagreed with him, which is a shame as he clearly has a lot to offer.

Anyhow, you should find we don't bite anywhere near as roughly as they do on his forum.

:cool:

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 11:10
Welcome Bev - Best forum ever ! You are going to love it here :)

Yes, it's a loverly forum. 'Specially if you like 1210's and being told Rega and Croft is the best. ;)

It would be a shame to dump the NVA stuff if you like the sound of it.

Bev, you've listed a bunch of different stuff you have. Which ones are in your main listening system, and what music do you listen to?

docfoster
02-02-2013, 11:13
Hi Bev,

I hope you are happier here on AoS,

Brown! Fancy bumping into you here. How the devil are you old bean...? :eyebrows:

trio leo
02-02-2013, 11:19
Hello Bev,

Welcome to the AoS from me, I go on forums because HiFi is my hobby and I like to share with other like minded people, experiences relating to that hobby.

This forum is a friendly one where you can ask for advice and you can give your views without being attacked by over opinionated individuals

Personally, back in the 80's we sold NVA and it was good sounding equipment.
Like jandl100, I also got on really well with RD face to face, but on the phone he was awful, I told him this and he agreed when he wasn't face to face he became offensive, obviously that has changed to the keyboard now.

I dare say some see him as a challenge or even a keyboard warrior opponent, but I would just ignore him now.

IT'S JUST A HOBBY!, enjoy your music and share :)

regards Al

Alan
02-02-2013, 11:19
What's up doc? :D

I can't find much time for anything much these days, but I still lurk when I can! I always was more of a lurker than a poster.

docfoster
02-02-2013, 11:28
What's up doc? :D

I can't find much time for anything much these days, but I still lurk when I can! I always was more of a lurker than a poster.

Bloody lurkers...You disgust me.

RichB
02-02-2013, 11:28
Yes, it's a loverly forum. 'Specially if you like 1210's and being told Rega and Croft is the best. ;)

You mean there are other makes of amplifiers and turntables??? Whatever next:lol:

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 11:36
You mean there are other makes of amplifiers and turntables??? Whatever next:lol:

Supposedly. Ebay is full of it. Probably being sold off to fund summat decent.

I won't take the piss too much as I haven't heard the stuff yet. I'm sure it is all lovely.

Marco
02-02-2013, 11:49
I'm afraid I missed all the fireworks, I haven't looked HFS for over a year now, but I'm sure I can imagine what went down.... I assume you've been informed it was all your fault? :mental: Seriously, I don't think he sees a problem in how he acts (or rather, reacts). I would bet money he thinks the whole thing is your fault, not his. His wiring is slightly different, if you catch my drift (in more ways that one, according to some!), so although his actions are sometimes odious, perhaps he's not aware of it. Maybe it's best not take it so personally, live and let live?

Hi Alan,

That is so utterly spot-on, it's untrue, and why it's completely pointless having a debate with him, as the outcome is a foregone conclusion!! You obviously know RD very well.

I also agree with your last sentence, but sadly, that's much easier said than done with such a prickly and belligerent character, who has more chips on his shoulder than McCain supplies to Asda......

Bev, tell us all about why you're such a hero! We like to hear nice stories of how people help others :)

Marco.

Marco
02-02-2013, 11:56
I see that Doc has now removed the poll. I had 9 votes and he had only 3. He was loosing the poll big time and that's the only reason he has removed it

He says i voted 4 times, that is NOT correct i voted once and someone who is also a member voted using my pc and that's the truth. So as well as everything else he is also a liar

Thanks for anyone that voted in my favour

Although I still think the whole thing was utterly childish, but that's the man

Could you provide a link to where this poll was (so I can read the nonsense there that has no doubt ensued) and explain what it was created for? I had no idea it existed.

Cheers :cool:

Marco.

Marco
02-02-2013, 12:06
Hi Al,

I also got on really well with RD face to face, but on the phone he was awful, I told him this and he agreed when he wasn't face to face he became offensive...

Thanks for the insight, Al - most interesting. Did he ever explain to you the reason why he morphs into 'Captain objectionable' whenever he's communicating with someone, other than face to face?

I just don't get it... Does he behave like that in purpose, or what, and if so, WHY?? :scratch: :confused:

Marco.

Natalie NWA
02-02-2013, 12:09
It's very easy behind a keyboard or even down the phone. Not so easy face to face.

Natalie

Tim
02-02-2013, 12:09
Could you provide a link to where this poll was (so I can read the nonsense there that has no doubt ensued) and explain what it was created for? I had no idea it existed.

http://hifisubjectivist.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45310&p=64039#p64039

The poll has now gone, he was losing badly, or appeared to be.
The poll question was 'Was I rude to Bev?' or very similar, with a Yes or No choice.

Natalie NWA
02-02-2013, 12:17
That's a little immature don't you think. Having some sort of vote?

chris@panteg
02-02-2013, 12:30
That's a little immature don't you think. Having some sort of vote?

Very ! He really should chill out a bit more , life is too short .

Welcome Bev .

Marco
02-02-2013, 12:49
It's very easy behind a keyboard or even down the phone. Not so easy face to face.

Yes, Nat, I get that, but what's his motivation in the first place for becoming 'Mr Nasty', behind a computer, even when completely unprovoked??

The bit in bold is very important, as we can all lose the plot if subjected to sufficient provocation. I certainly have in the past, and I regret it.

However, the difference between RD and me is that I don't lose the plot continually with people, given just the slightest amount of encouragement, as he does. All it takes, really, for him to go into 'loopy-loo mode', is someone to disagree with him enough about a subject he cares enough about. If I behaved like that, this forum would either not exist or be the successful, continually growing community that it has become!

Here's the thing, though: is the REAL Richard the nice guy you meet face to face, or the insufferable tosser you meet on-line - and if it's the former, then why does the latter even exist??

I'm not necessarily looking for answers here, as I'm sure that you're as bewildered as I am about his 'Jeckyl and Hyde' personality, but those certainly are the pertinent questions!

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
02-02-2013, 12:54
Direct selling is great for the customer as it can enable them to buy things without paying a cut to all the various characters in the supply chain. It's can be great for the manufacturer for all sorts of reasons.

But....

The manufacturer has to get on with the customers because there's no buffer of a dealership and/or distributor between them to bear the brunt of the contact.
Number one rule of sales - be nice to your customers because they have the ultimate sanction.....they can choose to go somewhere else.
If your business model is to sell direct, then by whatever interface you choose to deal with your customers, that rule still applies.

Picture this situation in a shop:
Customer is interested in buying an item. It's an item with a high price ticket of several hundred pounds. Customer asks the young, inexperienced salesman some perfectly reasonable questions about the various features of the item.
The salesman answers some of them in an impatient manner and then says, "Look, why are you asking me all these stupid questions? All the answers are in the brochure for fucks sake. There's one over there, go and read it and stop bothering me".

What would be a reasonable reaction from the customer?

Walk out & never return?
Demand to see the manager and make a complaint?
Personally, if I was the manager, I'd sack the little shit.

Now then, how about if the managing director of the company was the one dealing with the customer?

If you want to sell stuff to folks, by whatever method you choose to do business, you've got to be nice to them. Even if, for whatever reason, you don't like them.

The Grand Wazoo
02-02-2013, 12:55
Sorry Bev,
Welcome to The Art of Sound.

Marco
02-02-2013, 13:12
Direct selling is great for the customer as it can enable them to buy things without paying a cut to all the various characters in the supply chain. It's can be great for the manufacturer for all sorts of reasons.

But....

The manufacturer has to get on with the customers because there's no buffer of a dealership and/or distributor between them to bear the brunt of the contact.
Number one rule of sales - be nice to your customers because they have the ultimate sanction.....they can choose to go somewhere else.
If your business model is to sell direct, then by whatever interface you choose to deal with your customers, that rule still applies.

Picture this situation in a shop:
Customer is interested in buying an item. It's an item with a high price ticket of several hundred pounds. Customer asks the young, inexperienced salesman some perfectly reasonable questions about the various features of the item.
The salesman answers some of them in an impatient manner and then says, "Look, why are you asking me all these stupid questions? All the answers are in the brochure for fucks sake. There's one over there, go and read it and stop bothering me".

What would be a reasonable reaction from the customer?

Walk out & never return?
Demand to see the manager and make a complaint?
Personally, if I was the manager, I'd sack the little shit.

Now then, how about if the managing director of the company was the one dealing with the customer?

If you want to sell stuff to folks, by whatever method you choose to do business, you've got to be nice to them. Even if, for whatever reason, you don't like them.

Spot on, Chris (although you missed the option of the customer knocking out the cheeky git, which would've been my way of dealing with the situation! ;)), however, as right as you are, you're missing one glaring thing:

RD, apparently, is as nice as pie (and couldn't be more helpful) to his customers, face to face, so in that respect he's following your example, BUT the problem is that he morphs into someone else entirely when he gets behind a computer!! :rolleyes:

The fact is, if you got the same person on-line as you did in real life, then there would be no problem, and RD would get a much easier ride and a quieter life, but does he really want that?

Maybe he behaves as he does because winding people up (including his customers, past and present) 'entertains' him? I really don't know.... Your guess is as good as mine!

Marco.

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 13:17
Maybe he is just mentally ill. It happens. If so he has my deepest sympathy.

The Grand Wazoo
02-02-2013, 13:23
Well if you choose to present yourself to the world and your customers in an online forum, for whatever purpose you intend that forum to have, it will be perceived as an extension of your business. You can't separate the two, as he tries to do in his mind. To his customers and the rest of the world, the forum is one of the shop windows.

I've heard NVA gear many times and have always liked it, I chatted with Richard at a show a long time ago and told him how surprised and impressed I was with his little cube shaped speakers. But I couldn't ever bring myself to put a penny in the pocket of a man who treats his customers in the manner that has been displayed here. It's a bit of a shame really & I suspect there are many others who feel the same, but there you go.

chelsea
02-02-2013, 13:23
He enjoys winding people up.
And by the amount of space he gets here he is very good at it.

Marco
02-02-2013, 13:24
Maybe he is just mentally ill. It happens. If so he has my deepest sympathy.

Yup... I'd love to know what his childhood was like, and what type of personality his father had, as I suspect that his 'issues' could be related to that, as indeed is so often the case in these situations.

Marco.

Natalie NWA
02-02-2013, 13:28
Or it could be a publicity/marketing pa for him products.

As they say, publicity is publicity good or bad

Marco
02-02-2013, 13:30
Yup - the only problem with that is that the man himself, and his personality disorder, is rather more well-known than the quality of his products!

Marco.

Nick_G
02-02-2013, 13:47
Hi Bev, and welcome to AOS :) I have vaguely heard of NVA but know very little about them and hadn't even heard of that forum that he runs until I saw this thread. I hope you have a calmer time on here. I'm sure you will.

Regards,
Nick

wee tam
02-02-2013, 13:52
sounds like he was related to my father , black is black , unless i decide its red , and i am never wrong , i fought in the war don't you know , yes dad , seems to work wonders , just don't let him catch you laughing lol

Joe
02-02-2013, 14:01
RD, apparently, is as nice as pie (and couldn't be more helpful) to his customers, face to face, so in that respect he's following your example, BUT the problem is that he morphs into someone else entirely when he gets behind a computer!! :rolleyes:

The fact is, if you got the same person on-line as you did in real life, then there would be no problem, and RD would get a much easier ride and a quieter life, but does he really want that?

Maybe he behaves as he does because winding people up (including his customers, past and present) 'entertains' him? I really don't know.... Your guess is as good as mine!

You did the 'keyboard warrior' stuff in the past. Why did you do it?

Marco
02-02-2013, 14:30
You did the 'keyboard warrior' stuff in the past. Why did you do it?

The key word there, Joe, is "did"..........

In those days, on forums, I was a daftee (yes, even more so than now) and just typed stuff without worrying about the consequences. My view was that I'd rather go down fighting, sticking up for what I believed was right, than kowtowing to the clique or what was considered there as 'the norm'.

These days, I'm much more chilled out and laugh off what once would have made me seethe. Furthermore, I am now in a position of responsibility, where my actions have real consequences for others. Before, my inbuilt desire to be a maverick overruled my more sensible and tolerant side.

Most importantly, however, I learned to respect Newton's third law of motion: 'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction' (or perhaps in RD's case, it would be more true to say: 'for every action, there could be an equal or worse reaction - in other words, take responsibility for the repercussions of your actions [continually behaving like a dickhead] and be sure that you're happy with the consequences), and how that concept impinges on one's existence and on that of others.

This is something that, sadly, Mr Dunn has yet to learn, and so his behaviour will not change until he can demonstrate having even the most tenuous grasp of that concept, and indeed of introspection as a whole. Trouble is, firstly he has to start thinking like normal people do for that to happen - and *that* isn't ever gonna happen...! :rolleyes:

Marco.

JazzBones
02-02-2013, 14:35
Hi Al,

Thanks for the insight, Al - most interesting. Did he ever explain to you the reason why he morphs into 'Captain objectionable' whenever he's communicating with someone, other than face to face?

I just don't get it... Does he behave like that in purpose, or what, and if so, WHY?? :scratch: :confused:

Marco.

Easy, when he is face to face and nice to you its because he does not want to be physically trod on or receive a smack for being objectionable. When he is on the inty or phone he's the righteous big guy that he thinks he is so he beats you up with his keyboard or phone from a safe distance. Bet he makes silent or heavy breathing calls too.

Anyway, enough of Dr Honeybunny, a warm hug and welcome from me, Bev, nice to have another lady on this forum and believe me you don't have to talk just about HiFi on here, although I know bugger all about fashion :lol:. It would really be interesting to hear what a woman wants out of hifi as this hobby is so male dominated.

:grouphug:

Ron

Joe
02-02-2013, 14:41
The key word there, Joe, is "did"..........

In those days, on forums, I was a daftee (yes, even more so than now) and just typed stuff without worrying about the consequences. My view was that I'd rather go down fighting, sticking up for what I believed was right, than kowtowing to the clique or what was considered there as 'the norm'.

These days, I'm much more chilled out and laugh off what once would have made me seethe. Furthermore, I am now in a position of responsibility, where my actions have real consequences for others. Before, my inbuilt desire to be a maverick overruled my more sensible and tolerant side.

Most importantly, however, I learned to respect Newton's third law of motion: 'for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction' (or perhaps in RD's case, it would be more true to say: 'for every action, there could be an equal or worse reaction - in other words, take responsibility for the repercussions of your actions [continually behaving like a dickhead] and be sure that you're happy with the consequences), and how that concept impinges on one's existence and on that of others.

This is something that, sadly, Mr Dunn has yet to learn, and so his behaviour will not change until he can demonstrate having even the most tenuous grasp of that concept, and indeed of introspection as a whole.

Marco.

Thanks for the full and frank answer, Marco.

And welcome to AoS, Bev.

Marco
02-02-2013, 14:45
No problem, Joe. I'm always honest and not afraid to criticise myself if need be :)

Marco.

Marco
02-02-2013, 17:04
Easy, when he is face to face and nice to you its because he does not want to be physically trod on or receive a smack for being objectionable. When he is on the inty or phone he's the righteous big guy that he thinks he is so he beats you up with his keyboard or phone from a safe distance. Bet he makes silent or heavy breathing calls too.

Ron, just in case you've missed it, I think you should read this, directed at you, and the enclosed YouTube videos which are just too funny for words:

http://hifisubjectivist.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44759&p=64106#p64106

I nearly coughed up a lung laughing at it (as did Del)... :rfl: :rfl: :rofl: :rofl:

The so-called "body builder" has got even bigger tits than Dunn has!!!

Marco.

archiesdad
02-02-2013, 17:20
Howdy and welcome, it is nice here, no one has evn complained aboot ma spelin yet.:lol:

WOStantonCS100
02-02-2013, 17:51
Greetings Bev, from across the pond.

I'll refrain from commenting on how you got here.

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 17:56
Ron, just in case you've missed it, I think you should read this, directed at you, and the enclosed YouTube videos, which are just too funny for words:

I nearly coughed up a lung with laughing (as did Del)... :rfl: :rfl: :rofl: :rofl:

The "body builder" has got even bigger tits than he has!!!

Marco.

I watched a minute of the youtube clip and they seem to be practicing ballroom dancing. Wtf is that about?

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 18:00
I can only thank you ALL SOOOOOO much for welcoming me onto this forum. You have had me in tears because you have been so nice, it's a tricky time for me for a number of reasons

Can I just lay one thing to rest that Doc is saying over on his pathetic little forum, he keeps saying "I've stalked him". The ONLY thing I have ever done is send a few pm's, which have been pre sales questions ie. I just wanted to check something with him before purchasing something and handing over my hard earned money to him. If anyone thinks this is stalking then fine, I've never heard anything so ridiculous

If he doesn't want questions to be asked then he shouldn't supply his mail details

Anyhow I can assure you he is more affected by all this than myself :D

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 18:05
Don't worry yerself about what he says on his forum. It's not as though many people read it anyway. Just seems to be him and one or two of his cronies. Personally he should be more worried about them having little shrines to him than being stalked by you.

I must admit to having a quick peek at the forum now and then for a giggle.

I can only thank you ALL SOOOOOO much for welcoming me onto this forum. You have had me in tears because you have been so nice, it's a tricky time for me for a number of reasons

Can I just lay one thing to rest that Doc is saying over on his pathetic little forum, he keeps saying "I've stalked him". The ONLY thing I have ever done is send a few pm's, which have been pre sales questions ie. I just wanted to check something with him before purchasing something and handing over my hard earned money to him. If anyone thinks this is stalking then fine, I've never heard anything so ridiculous

If he doesn't want questions to be asked then he shouldn't supply his mail details

Anyhow I can assure you he is more affected by all this than myself :D

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 18:05
Marco you said "Bev, tell us all about why you're such a hero!"

I'm not sure I understand the question because I don't feel much of a hero :scratch:

Spectral Morn
02-02-2013, 18:39
Very sorry Bev to read of the situation you find yourself in and I hope the outcome is a good one - God Bless.

Regards Neil

synsei
02-02-2013, 18:53
Mr Dunn is the self-styled saviour of the hifi industry, in his own head. If you look at how vicious and nasty he is towards the entire world outside his own little hole in the ground, the fact that none of his amps have protection circuitry starts to make absolute sense. Ever seen Pinky & The Brain?

qzZmU0aGmcc

NARF!!!

dantheman91
02-02-2013, 18:57
System at the moment is:

NVA A70 mono blocks, will be going soon, also have NVA AP30, will be going soon

Meridian 506.20 cd

Cables are NVA Ls6, will be going soon, Ls5 and SSP ic

Royd Minstrel speakers, also have Ls 3/5a and a couple of other speakers to be sold soon

Also have an Audio Note Oto SE amp

Welcome bev. Nice SyStem you have there. whatS your muSical taSte

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 19:00
Doc is now saying i've purchased virtually nothing from him. This is what i have purchased:

70cm SP £40
60CM SSP £140
Traded in LS5 2m £90
55cm SSP with new Neutrik plugs (for a friend for Christmas) £180
LS6 2m £260

If anyone wants to see Paypal payments to him I can post them, no problem

I make that £710........ he is a COMPLETE liar saying what little i've purchased. Please, please, please do not believe him. I am a VERY principled person with VERY high morals.... I cannot abide liars and cheats like this stupid little man. The trouble is i cannot defend myself on his forum anymore so he is trying to have a field day. If this goes much further i will be seeking advice

Yes i am returning the LS6, for obvious reasons, as i am within my 30 day trial, but that still leaves £450 of my hard earned money

synsei
02-02-2013, 19:02
Bev, ignore him, he is a nasty, twisted and bitter little man... :(

A stalker is what Dunn labels his loyal customers obviously. How is that man still in business for christs sake?

Riislingen
02-02-2013, 19:07
Hi Bev!

Welcome to AOS from Scandinavia - it´s a fantastic place filled with great people.

Most laidback and pleasant forum atmosphere I ever encountered :cool:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 19:45
I'm just chilling now with a little tipple.....best way i think :cool: ... music is playing (not through NVA, of course!)

My tastes in music are very varied. You could say Marillion to Mozart, that probably describes it !! :lol:

I won't say what amp i'm using at the moment but the rest of system is Meridian 506.20 cd, Royd Minstrels, cable is NVA... probably staying for the moment as it doesn't say "NVA" on it..... :eek:

Bev

x

Marco
02-02-2013, 19:52
I watched a minute of the youtube clip and they seem to be practicing ballroom dancing. Wtf is that about?

Dunno, but as his movement is about as graceful as a 2-ton elephant, he looks bloody ridiculous!! I've seen more elegant 'dad dancing' at weddings!!! :lol:

The other thing too, pitching yourself as some sort of 'hard man', when you're an OAP is just, well, WRONG.... Have some dignity, FFS!

Also, in Glasgow, we don't challenge our enemies to a f*cking dancing competition; we walk over to them, unannounced, and hit them with the back end of a baseball bat! ;)

Marco.

jandl100
02-02-2013, 19:52
....The trouble is i cannot defend myself on his forum anymore so he is trying to have a field day. If this goes much further i will be seeking advice

Calm down, Bev. Keep this in perspective.

Your outraged response is exactly what RD wants and thrives on.

Just walk away and forget it. Don't even look at the bait RD puts down for you - because that is exactly what it is, bait intended to upset you.

You've found a bunch of decent folk on AOS - just enjoy your new forum. :)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 19:57
Thanks Jerry

I'm VERY chilled now

Got it out of my system, so hopefully people will see me as a decent person now and not the monster Doc makes me out to be

x

Tim
02-02-2013, 20:03
You can't be all bad if you're a Marillion fan ;)

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 20:04
:lolsign:

Marco
02-02-2013, 20:05
Calm down, Bev. Keep this in perspective.

Your outraged response is exactly what RD wants and thrives on.

Just walk away and forget it. Don't even look at the bait RD puts down for you - because that is exactly what it is, bait intended to upset you.

Good advice, Jerry. However it never ceases to amaze me how small minds and/or lonely people are easily amused. If getting your 'kicks' out of baiting people like that on forums is all you've got to look forward to, then that is big time SAD!

However, I suppose when you're 65, the days of getting excitement any other way, minus Viagra, are LONG since gone....... :eyebrows:

Anyway, moving swiftly on!!

Marco.

walpurgis
02-02-2013, 20:07
Hi Bev,

enjoy AOS. I think you'll find they're a decent bunch here.

There is a lot of well informed Hi-Fi opinion and knowledge available from friendly members and much entertaining banter.

I've been a member less than a year and I feel I know a lot of people on here well now and count some of them as friends. I'm sure you'll have the same experience.

I hope you'll forgive the odd tucked away corner with male crudity on it. It's just blokes being blokes. Just ignore it or laugh at it.

I don't need to say anything about the other forum. I think its all been said on AOS already.

Geoff.

Barry
02-02-2013, 20:07
Welcome to AoS Bev.

It's not often that we welcome new members coming to us with such an unfortunate back story as yours, but I think by now you will have gathered the impression that here on AoS we are much more good natured than some other audio fora.

I hope you stay with us and enjoy our community - and regarding the recent past, just draw a line under it and forget all about it.

Did you tell us about your system? What is it, and what are your tastes in music?

Welcome again

wiicrackpot
02-02-2013, 20:12
What Jerry said Bev, kick back and look into other threads to take your mind off this sorry saga knowing the room is full of love for you,
am sure if you can make the AOS show later in the year, team hugs and warm embrace will be there for you too. :)

Oh..forgot to welcome you on my last post, welcome and enjoy.

Neff
02-02-2013, 20:12
It is fairly obvious that he reads this thread then comments on his own in retaliation, maybe it is best to just stop mouthing off about him here, Bev to ignore him, delete any links to him & move on to calmer waters.

Just a thought as your all feeding the ego monster by the looks of it.

Welcome from myself as well, frequent poster but happy lurker who enjoys it here.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:14
Geoff

Male crudity will not affect me in any way at all..... bring it on.... I am a 50 year old female with plenty of life experiences.... Nothing will shock me i can assure you

Damn it i've given my age away now...... i feel like 21 though !! ;)

Bev

x

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:18
Whats this i hear about an AOS show

Where and when is it?????

I could take a team hug and embrace, that sounds super

Neff
02-02-2013, 20:22
Your only as old as the man you feel, or woman for that matter.

:D

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 20:22
You can't be all bad if you're a Marillion fan ;)

Makes me feel bad I voted for RD in his stupid little poll now... ;)

walpurgis
02-02-2013, 20:24
Geoff

Male crudity will not affect me in any way at all..... bring it on.... I am a 50 year old female with plenty of life experiences.... Nothing will shock me i can assure you

Damn it i've given my age away now...... i feel like 21 though !! ;)

Bev

x

Not to worry Bev, you're just a kiddie next to me, I'm 64, although I also feel 21 (some days).

I won't tomorrow though, more likely to feel a hundred, as I'm popping round the local for a couple of beers!

(better put my Saturday evening pubgoing post in)

Geoff.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:25
Alex, please don't worry about it

I've now forgotten about the saga

It doesn't deserve anymore of my time, like I have said I have MUCH more important things in my life

Bev

x

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 20:26
There's a bake off every year at Melton Mowbray but you taking around 200 miles from Portsmouth, the proposed AOS show will probably be around same distance..

welcome btw..:wave:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:28
Come to Portsmouth

It's always sunny here......seriously it is....

I don't mind traveling though, if necessary...

jandl100
02-02-2013, 20:28
Thanks Jerry

I'm VERY chilled now

Got it out of my system, so hopefully people will see me as a decent person now and not the monster Doc makes me out to be

x

Hey, I was all excited that I got a kiss "x" :yay: ... but then I noticed that everyone is getting them now. :(

;)

Barry
02-02-2013, 20:29
Not to worry Bev, you're just a kiddie next to me, I'm 64, although I also feel 21 (some days).

I won't tomorrow though, more likely to feel a hundred, as I'm popping round the local for a couple of beers!

(better put my Saturday evening pubgoing post in)

Geoff.

I'm not that far behind you - and I too might feel a little rough tomorrow if I finish off this bottle of Shiraz/Pinot Noir! :eyebrows:

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 20:33
Shiraz eh! :drool:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:34
I am so sorry Jerry...

It's just one of my things, it's the way i am..... WITH NICE PEOPLE ;)

Is my 'x' acceptable to people? if not I'll not put it.... :)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:35
Whiskey for me .... cheers all ..... :cool:

Mixed though....

Barry
02-02-2013, 20:37
Whiskey for me .... cheers all ..... :cool:

Mixed though....

Not with water surely! :eek:

Jonboy
02-02-2013, 20:37
Hello Bev and welcome, I'm just along the coast from you near Worthing, stick with the OTO they are cracking amps, hope you enjoy your stay

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:39
No, coke i'm afraid..... Don't worry it's not best malt etc...

I just love Whiskey...... yummy......;)

Jonboy
02-02-2013, 20:48
No coke i'm afraid..... Don't worry it's not best malt etc...

same as that, drunk a bottle of Snow (Famous) Grouse with coke the other weekend in Sweden, i put it in the freezer first just to give it that chilled effect

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:52
Just a nice warming effect...... just what I needed.....

XXXXXXX

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 20:55
Alex, please don't worry about it

Just in case it got lost in translation I didn't REALLY vote, haven't even visited that POS to look - I was just joking! Best way to kill something is to starve it of oxygen... :)

Rare Bird
02-02-2013, 20:56
:nono:i stay clear of Whiskey im dangerous with it, once it's open the top does'nt go back on till it's gone..:rolleyes:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:57
Alex, is that your children in your pic??

They look gorgeous x

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 20:59
André... thats the idea isn't it ????

Maybe i've had it wrong all this time.... :scratch:

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 20:59
Alex, is that your children in your pic??

They look gorgeous x

Yes, my nippers - love them to bits and thanks for the nice words! I agree of course, but then I would! :)

julesd68
02-02-2013, 21:02
:nono:i stay clear of Whiskey im dangerous with it, once it's open the top does'nt go back on till it's gone..:rolleyes:

This is the problem I am finding with my Aberlour (60% vol!!) - I drunk some the previous Friday, Sat and Sun, then I had to really stop myself drinking it during the week!! :eek: It would be so easy to get hooked on this stuff and start drinking it every night like my grandfather used to ...

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:06
Just having a little Bailey's chaser...... nice....

Doc is now a million miles from me and will remain so......

synsei
02-02-2013, 21:13
I'm quite partial to a drop of Baileys myself, but don't tell the boys ;) :lol:

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 21:19
I'm quite partial to a drop of Baileys myself, but don't tell the boys ;) :lol:

It's expected of T-amp users Dave.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:19
I know... i think it probably is a bit girly !!! Don't worry about it you are just in touch with your feminine side.... and that's good ;)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:23
Music and chilling is what it's all about

x

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 21:24
I know... i think it probably is a bit girly !!! Don't worry about it you are just in touch with your feminine side.... and that's good ;)

I hope you meant Dave.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:26
Yes.... but it's all good ....

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:28
What do you have spinning at the mo??

Dingdong
02-02-2013, 21:35
Frank Sinatra sings Select Cole Porter. My latest purchase for a pound.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
02-02-2013, 21:36
FFS can someone explain this to me. I clicked on a video and saw two of the lardiest, most unfit looking people I've ever seen in my life. Part of it looked like they were a pair of rutting rhinos who'd been injected with a cocktail of Mogadon and ketamine. Neither of the fat, unhealthy looking bastards could fight their way out of a paper bag. And even if they were trained killing machines they wouldn't be able to lay a glove on anyone. You wouldn't need to run away or even move sharply, you could shuffle away slowly and they'd never catch up. 20 yards and they'd be out of breath and totally fucked.

Please tell me that is two sad old gits taking the piss for some You Tube viral attempt. I refuse to belief that the baldy older bloke is either a lethal ninja fighter or a Hifi guru. As we say oop North he's just a soft doyle. Obviously has serious mental issues.

Anyway I'm off to watch the video again. In the meantime can someone explain. I feel like I've entered a parallel universe.

PS How do I challenge Bunsen Honeydew to a fight. If I could contain the laughter I reckon I could take his belt . . . and watch his pants fall down

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 21:36
What do you have spinning at the mo??

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14170

:)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 21:38
Harry

Love your forum name.....

If you were a 7 stone weakling you could take down Doc.... no problem

x

Marco
02-02-2013, 21:49
FFS can someone explain this to me. I clicked on a video and saw two of the lardiest, most unfit looking people I've ever seen in my life. Part of it looked like they were a pair of rutting rhinos who'd been injected with a cocktail of Mogadon and ketamine. Neither of the fat, unhealthy looking bastards could fight their way out of a paper bag. And even if they were trained killing machines they wouldn't be able to lay a glove on anyone. You wouldn't need to run away or even move sharply, you could shuffle away slowly and they'd never catch up. 20 yards and they'd be out of breath and totally fucked.

Please tell me that is two sad old gits taking the piss for some You Tube viral attempt. I refuse to belief that the baldy older bloke is either a lethal ninja fighter or a Hifi guru. As we say oop North he's just a soft doyle. Obviously has serious mental issues.

Anyway I'm off to watch the video again. In the meantime can someone explain. I feel like I've entered a parallel universe.

PS How do I challenge Bunsen Honeydew to a fight. If I could contain the laughter I reckon I could take his belt . . . and watch his pants fall down

That's almost as priceless as the fooking YouTube vid of the "body builder" and baldy dancing the Fandango!!! :lolsign:

Face it, folks: the bloke's a balloon in more ways than one, so best pitied than ridiculed... :D

Marco.

Macca
02-02-2013, 21:55

Its a Martial form of Tai Chi but those videos are not really representative. I know a little about it as an ex girlfriend's father was, maybe still is, one of the top exponents in the UK. RD probably knows him, he was also named Richard IIRC. Anyway it can be quite deadly in close quarters, doesn't matter how fat you are.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 22:10
That vid is sooo funnny....

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 22:14
I thought it was a trailer for the new TV show "Strictly Come Lardass"

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 22:17
Superb...... :youtheman:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 22:27
I am currently running a loaned integrated amp from my local dealer, a superb local dealer, and it is currently running rings around my previous STUFF

V good indeed. I will not reveal what it is at the moment. It is VERY musical

I'm loooving it

x

Tim
02-02-2013, 22:28
Well if you are asking about a Rega DAC I can maybe guess?

chelsea
02-02-2013, 22:33
Must be good to run rings around the AN oto.

walpurgis
02-02-2013, 23:01
Is this a record? you've certainly caused a stir Bev. I don't know if there's been over 150 posts (so far) on a welcome thread before and in such a short time.

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 23:15
Oh I really hope I've not created too much of a stir. I didn't mean to sorry

X

Alex_UK
02-02-2013, 23:16
I think he meant a stir in a good way! ;)

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 23:21
Oh ok

I do mean well. Sorry if I've sounded off a bit about a certain person and a certain forum but its the reason I'm here on this lovely forum

Seems to be full of nice people here, it's soooooooo refreshing :grouphug:

Ninanina
02-02-2013, 23:24
I've never held a record before. If I can get the most posts on a welcome thread that would be a real buzz :)

Barry
02-02-2013, 23:42
I've never held a record before. If I can get the most posts on a welcome thread that would be a real buzz :)

It could be a first. :rolleyes:

walpurgis
03-02-2013, 00:02
Oh I really hope I've not created too much of a stir. I didn't mean to sorry

X

Nobody's going to mind if you do create a 'welcome' thread record Bev.

Please, there is nothing to apologise for. It's maybe me posting in a less than obviously coherent way.

Geoff.

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 00:35
A record would be really fun ;)

Music is still on and I'm chilling

I'm a bit of late nighter....:D

Barry
03-02-2013, 00:38
A record would be really fun ;)

Music is still on and I'm chilling

I'm a bit of late nighter....:D

Don't worry Bev - there are quite a few 'nighthawks' here on AoS! :)

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 00:52
Glad to hear it Barry

I'm quite sure hifi sounds better at night. Maybe something to do with less drain on the electrical supply maybe :mental:

Barry
03-02-2013, 01:09
Glad to hear it Barry

I'm quite sure hifi sounds better at night. Maybe something to do with less drain on the electrical supply maybe :mental:

There are quite a few who would agree with you about that! I think it all depends on where you live and how good your mains supply is.

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 01:15
Well my house isn't that old, 1990 I think, and the consumer units were replaced about 18 months ago with all new earths etc

Barry
03-02-2013, 01:24
Well my house isn't that old, 1990 I think, and the consumer units were replaced about 18 months ago with all new earths etc

That's good to hear Bev. You are fortunate - it isn't so much about your own installation or listening habits, but more so those of your neighbours, who share the same mains phase as you.

If you have immediate neighbours, who use a lot of PMS power supplies (Pulse Mode Power Supplies, as used in microwave ovens and, dare I say it, PCs), then your mains can often be 'polluted' by the 'hash' generated by these power supplies.

Fortunately, it would seem that you are not affected. :)

The Grand Wazoo
03-02-2013, 01:51
Is this a record? you've certainly caused a stir Bev. I don't know if there's been over 150 posts (so far) on a welcome thread before and in such a short time.

Yes it most certainly is a record!
Here are AoS' Top Ten Welcome threads.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7301/aostopwelcomeposts.jpg

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 02:11
Chris

He he he that's great. First record I've ever been involved with

Thanks to all who helped with this :kiss:

AlanS
03-02-2013, 03:10
There are quite a few who would agree with you about that! I think it all depends on where you live and how good your mains supply is.

At night here it is silent, no traffic, aircraft or other background sound. Thats why it is clearer.

Marco
03-02-2013, 09:18
Marco you said "Bev, tell us all about why you're such a hero!"

I'm not sure I understand the question because I don't feel much of a hero :scratch:

All carers, Bev, are heros, especially those looking after someone suffering from cancer. I know, as I supported my wife going through it with her mum. We had to watch her slowly deteriorate at home in the most distressing way imaginable, before she eventually passed away.

I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

Marco.

JazzBones
03-02-2013, 09:37
Ron, just in case you've missed it, I think you should read this, directed at you, and the enclosed YouTube videos which are just too funny for words:

I nearly coughed up a lung laughing at it (as did Del)... :rfl: :rfl: :rofl: :rofl:

The so-called "body builder" has got even bigger tits than Dunn has!!!

Marco.

:laugh::oops: this laxative works!!!!

stupinder
03-02-2013, 10:24
I've read all the posts Richard has put up on his forum and all I'm going to comment on is that internet/emails are a very difficult way to communicate effectively - things can be read into comments that were not intended.
Forums/mails/internet conversations have a way of moving very quickly and often in directions that were not intended by any party.
Richard states that Bev's only bought a set of cables directly but has asked lots of questions about kit she bought elsewhere or was intending to buy. If it had been me I'd have answered the questions, but Richard obviously saw these questions as being harassed to the point where he considered it stalking and pointed to the forum/web etc to find answers to the question.
People will draw their own conclusions from this but if it were me I'd suggest that all parties take a step back and stop any further comment - it's not good press for anyone concerned!

Covenant
03-02-2013, 10:40
I agree with Stu. And Marco, stop posting poo parcels.

Marco
03-02-2013, 11:01
Ha - that's another example of Mr Dunn's wishful thinking! I've never done that to anyone in my life, nor would I. It's just not my style.

The trouble is he chooses to believe everything nasty written about me because it suits his agenda, and in turn will perpetrate further lies, such as me phoning him up in the middle of the night and hanging up, to bolster the illusion he wants to create of me to others.

Trust me, if I wanted to speak with him, I'd simply lift the phone up and do so, at a reasonable time when I would expect and answer, as indeed I have done in the past when we were very briefly on speaking terms.

That brings me to another point... He's stated that as he's been banned from here and I've blocked him from my emails, he has no means of contact with me. Bullshit. He has my phone number (as he's phoned me before), so if he wants a 'little chat', I'm only a phone call away...

Trouble is, he hasn't got the balls, as he knows I would roast him alive. Like all bullies, Dunn is all mouth and no action. He can do a nice wee dance, though - I'll give him that! :lol:

Marco.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-02-2013, 11:12
I've just watched that video again. Jesus, that is so sad. Pathetic on fact. Quite obvious that this Dr Bunsen Burner Bunny Boiler has 'issues'.
I predict him to make a move into cage fighting.

Macca
03-02-2013, 11:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

Haselsh1
03-02-2013, 12:01
Glad to hear it Barry

I reckon if you switch all of your lights off at night and completely cutoff one sense (vision) then your hearing becomes much more acute and therefore your hi-fi sounds wonderful. I know that my stereo imaging is much better in the dark.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-02-2013, 12:35
Oh yes music in the dark is by far the best. And in my younger days it was even better if I could listen with a darkness/exotic smoking substance combo.

JazzBones
03-02-2013, 13:21
I've read all the posts Richard has put up on his forum and all I'm going to comment on is that internet/emails are a very difficult way to communicate effectively - things can be read into comments that were not intended.
Forums/mails/internet conversations have a way of moving very quickly and often in directions that were not intended by any party.
Richard states that Bev's only bought a set of cables directly but has asked lots of questions about kit she bought elsewhere or was intending to buy. If it had been me I'd have answered the questions, but Richard obviously saw these questions as being harassed to the point where he considered it stalking and pointed to the forum/web etc to find answers to the question.
People will draw their own conclusions from this but if it were me I'd suggest that all parties take a step back and stop any further comment - it's not good press for anyone concerned!

Stu, you have missed the point to all the 'come back' on Richard Dunn!? If you look at his forum, and of course no one on here is going to dissuade from doing so, you quickly learn that his forums ethos, or part of it, is to attack other well established forums such as The Aos. Not only us but PFM etc. He started getting personal when he attacked long standing friends of mine for so called 'shilling'. Would the acidic attack have come had the so called 'shilling' been in praise of NVA amps, more than likely not? Dunn is known to be a disagreeable and argumentative person with a number of people who have had the misfortune to come across him. In summation this being, ie Dunn, is a bully. Now, I personally can't abide bullies and there are two ways they can be dealt with, 1. You can turn away, cross the road and do absolutely NOTHING and be concerned with only your own well being and safety. or 2. you can cross the same road and go to the assistance of the person being bullied, especially if that person is a friend. I belong to this latter category No.2 and from a culture and upbringing that supports family and friends if they are in need of help in confronting an attack from a bully. Now I'm going to ask this very blunt question from all pacifists, 'which way do your balls hang', by this I mean 'do you walk away from, or do you stand up and confront a bully'? Keep in mind that none of this exchange of print would have occurred if Dunn had run a sane, friendly, informative forum in the first place rather than adopting the 'ethos' of taking the piss, as he himself puts it.

:kiss:

Clive
03-02-2013, 13:29
Ron, if you confront and argue you feed and inflame the situation. You may feel better in the short term for venting but ignoring or taking a more moral approach where possible is a very good alternative.

archiesdad
03-02-2013, 14:03
No, coke i'm afraid..... Don't worry it's not best malt etc...

And COKE!!!:doh:! oh it's ok I just seen the "e" so it's only that Irish stuff:lol:,
sorry only kidding Bev, whatever floats your boat, BUT,

Scottish= Whisky
Irish = Whiskey

Not criticizing(in case I get mistaken for someone from that other forum) just a post to add to the record breaking effort going on.:eyebrows:

stupinder
03-02-2013, 14:20
[/U][/B]

Stu, you have missed the point to all the 'come back' on Richard Dunn!? If you look at his forum, and of course no one on here is going to dissuade from doing so, you quickly learn that his forums ethos, or part of it, is to attack other well established forums such as The Aos. Not only us but PFM etc. He started getting personal when he attacked long standing friends of mine for so called 'shilling'. Would the acidic attack have come had the so called 'shilling' been in praise of NVA amps, more than likely not? Dunn is known to be a disagreeable and argumentative person with a number of people who have had the misfortune to come across him. In summation this being, ie Dunn, is a bully. Now, I personally can't abide bullies and there are two ways they can be dealt with, 1. You can turn away, cross the road and do absolutely NOTHING and be concerned with only your own well being and safety. or 2. you can cross the same road and go to the assistance of the person being bullied, especially if that person is a friend. I belong to this latter category No.2 and from a culture and upbringing that supports family and friends if they are in need of help in confronting an attack from a bully. Now I'm going to ask this very blunt question from all pacifists, 'which way do your balls hang', by this I mean 'do you walk away from, or do you stand up and confront a bully'? Keep in mind that none of this exchange of print would have occurred if Dunn had run a sane, friendly, informative forum in the first place rather than adopting the 'ethos' of taking the piss, as he himself puts it.

:kiss:
With respect...look at the things he says about me in his "Trough Slurping" thread...
That said. also keep in mind that whilst ever we discuss the site we are feeding the fire.

JazzBones
03-02-2013, 14:35
Ron, if you confront and argue you feed and inflame the situation. You may feel better in the short term for venting but ignoring or taking a more moral approach where possible is a very good alternative.

Clive, I accept consideration of your rationalisation of the subject matter in hand but we do not live in a rational world. An object lesson from history, for instance, is when the British PM of the day, Chamberlain, came back from Germany waving a piece of white paper in his hand.... Hitler had been appeased by non-invention and look where that led us? Yes I do and can get 'inflamed' by certain actions such as bullying but I can also shed a sad tear at the shear guts, tenacity, unselfishness and unfailing love that a carer for others brings out in me as well. A balance of life and actions come in many mannerisms as practised by many different people.

Incidentally, one of the true morals and lessons of the martial arts is to have inner peace, knowledge, and understanding, to NEVER use your acquired skills against a weaker opponent, not to use this skill because you can but only as a last resort, and NOT to show off....

JazzBones
03-02-2013, 14:46
With respect...look at the things he says about me in his "Trough Slurping" thread...
That said. also keep in mind that whilst ever we discuss the site we are feeding the fire.

Stu, I'm sure that Dunny would not have been complimentary about you or anyone else. I stopped visiting the HFS forum a long time ago and have no intention of a revisit either. Whilst the content has a certain following its not for me as much better things in life (other than low life) call me. If I have offended you than I opologise.

Clive
03-02-2013, 14:48
Clive, I accept consideration of your rationalisation of the subject matter in hand but we do not live in a rational world. An object lesson from history, for instance, is when the British PM of the day, Chamberlain, came back from Germany waving a piece of white paper in his hand.... Hitler had been appeased by non-invention and look where that led us? Yes I do and can get 'inflamed' by certain actions such as bullying but I can also shed a sad tear at the shear guts, tenacity, unselfishness and unfailing love that a carer for others brings out in me as well. A balance of life and actions come in many mannerisms as practised by many different people.

Incidentally, one of the true morals and lessons of the martial arts is to have inner peace, knowledge, and understanding, to NEVER use your acquired skills against a weaker opponent, not to use this skill because you can but only as a last resort, and NOT to show off....
Hi Ron, pls note the "where possible" in the quote you show in red. I'm not for appeasement, I'm for a reactions that don't unnecessarily inflame situations. Where more serious wrongs take place I am for intervention. I hardly think an internet spat is worthy of comparison to WWII and Hitler. I have on occasion reacted strongly to peoples' internet behaviour I felt caused disproportionate harm. In these situations it helped me understand who are decent people and who are not but to get involved and probably inflame every internet spat is a stress inducing waste of effort, at least that's how I view it.

JazzBones
03-02-2013, 15:03
Hi Ron, pls note the "where possible" in the quote you show in red. I'm not for appeasement, I'm for a reactions that don't unnecessarily inflame situations. Where more serious wrongs take place I am for intervention. I hardly think an internet spat is worthy of comparison to WWII and Hitler. I have on occasion reacted strongly to peoples' internet behaviour I felt caused disproportionate harm. In these situations it helped me understand who are decent people and who are not but to get involved and probably inflame every internet spat is a stress inducing waste of effort, at least that's how I view it.

I got involved because very good friends of mine were being vilified not one on one but by Dunn's small entourage as well. A bad taste or smell is hard to by pass or ignore is it not? :)

stupinder
03-02-2013, 15:08
Stu, I'm sure that Dunny would not have been complimentary about you or anyone else. I stopped visiting the HFS forum a long time ago and have no intention of a revisit either. Whilst the content has a certain following its not for me as much better things in life (other than low life) call me. If I have offended you than I opologise.
Not in any way have you offended me :-)

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 16:19
Well I have already put that other forum and people behind me

I know he is still writing some very strange things about me but I now just don't care as I know you all know that they are lies and simply a figment of his imagination

Clive
03-02-2013, 16:53
[/COLOR]

I got involved because very good friends of mine were being vilified not one on one but by Dunn's small entourage as well. A bad taste or smell is hard to by pass or ignore is it not? :)
It seems we are in violent agreement. In a very similar situation I got involved and not only were my actions question but there would have been a knock on effect to the business of a friend. One of the two people involved in that situations gives arseholes a bad name.....though I expect in person he's perfectly more normal than his internet persona suggests.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
03-02-2013, 18:34
Isn't the Internet mad? Not only do I get to watch a balding old fat bloke turning Ninja Assassin on another lardy bastard who was allegedly a weight-lifter in a previous incarnation (yeah, and the Pope used to be a Muslim) but I now find that the evil Dr Bunny Boiler Bunsen Burner is only two steps removed from Adolph Hitler.

Come on guys. Reality check. Dr Bunny Girl Ninja Honeydewmelon isn't about to march into Poland, nor does he have a stock of chemical weapons hidden in the back of one of his shitty amps. And my guess is that for a supposed trained killing machine, there's more likelihood of him tripping over his splayed feet than delivering a single lethal blow with his bare hands.

Sorry, to those who shake in fear at the very mention of the macabre Dr Bumfluff but he's just a deluded old bloke who likes to bully people on Internet forums. He's not big, he's not clever and he's not even amusing. If wit was shit, he'd be constipated.

Rest easy buddies, the evil doctor might be a colourful character - a pigment if his own imagination if you like- but there is only one way he'd manage to kill someone and that's if his fat head dropped on them or his sparring partner fell on them

Hope that clears things up. Sleep tight and don't have nightmares.

WOStantonCS100
03-02-2013, 19:05
All carers, Bev, are heros, especially those looking after someone suffering from cancer. I know, as I supported my wife going through it with her mum. We had to watch her slowly deteriorate at home in the most distressing way imaginable, before she eventually passed away.

I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

Marco.

...just so as to cement Bev's record breaking introductory post...

I have to whole heartedly agree with carers as heroes. When in my teens I briefly worked at a camp for the disabled. And, yes, I've wiped a few grown peoples bums. Initially you think... uugh... this is gross. But, then the realization hits you as to how it must be for the person who is cognizant of the fact that they can't do it for themselves. Then you think how lucky you are. Caring for the sick or disabled isn't glamorous. Thank God for those who are willing to do the unglamorous. If I should need that kind of care one day, I certainly hope someone will be unselfish enough to provide it. Cheers.

WOStantonCS100
03-02-2013, 19:07
Glad to hear it Barry

My system definitely sounds better at night when the grid is "quieter". For some time now, I reserve my serious listening for just after midnight.

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 20:19
Just to clear any misunderstandings up

I have a very best friend, we were an item at one time, and he has leukemia, which is terminal, and has had every conceivable treatment you could ever have for it including a stem cell transplant about 8 years ago

I was with him when he was first diagnosed and saw him go through the transplant, which nearly killed him, and loads of chemotherapy and radiation treatment which has made him very very sick indeed

He has currently been going through some further chemotherapy treatment which has not really suited him and he's had to spend some time in hospital

I guess I have always been there for him, and still am, but I do not consider myself any sort of hero just someone that cares a lot about people, especially those close to me

I won't go any further into the situation but I am quite sure you can all understand why nasty, ignorant and plain rude people have no place in my thoughts, both myself and my best friend have no time for such idiotic behaviour . Some things pale into insignificance when you have had certain experiences. I'm sure there are many people here that have had similar experiences; I'm nothing special

Bev

x

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 21:28
I am really sorry but I cannot find the You Tube link someone mentioned where Doc is on it, fighting or something

Can someone post the link again please, thanks sooo much, I just want to have a bit of a giggle

Bev

Floyddroid
03-02-2013, 21:56
Hiya Bev.

Was this the red Indian tent or the off red underwater animal? I have a feeling i know which one. I found myself doing the same. I am able as a professional personal and a free spirited soul to put up with a difference of opinion or a criticism but i draw the line at blatant rudeness or verbal and sometimes personal abuse.
I have found that AOS is a totally differant kettle of fish and certainly not pink. Along with Stu Smith's HiFi Pig it is a joy to be part of. welcome to a more condusive world Bev. When we have a difference of opinion here it is a more gentlemanly/womanly way of doing it though the spirit and passion is not lost.:peace:

Ninanina
03-02-2013, 22:37
I wonder why I have caused a record number of posts ?

I don't understand the amount of warm and welcoming number of posts I have had and the amount of support you have all shown

Thank you all, you make me feel sooo much better :)

Thank you all

Bev

x

ps is the bald person in this vid Doc?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br94VBIS5DM

That is soooo funny......

walpurgis
03-02-2013, 23:31
Hi Bev,

I had a quick look on 'the other forum' get an idea of what had been going on.

It seems to offer the same approach to free speach as the Chinese government. That kind of censorship makes no sense. Unless a post is a pack of harmful untruths or blatantly offensive and insulting, it should stand or fall on it's merits (or lack of).

Geoff.

The Grand Wazoo
03-02-2013, 23:36
Thank you all
Excellent, and thanks for coming to AoS Bev.

I think this is probably a good time to draw a line under all of this now. It's a given that AoS is the best of all the hi-fi forums, so let's get back to normality & carry on with what we do best now, eh?

Colin Wonfor
03-02-2013, 23:54
Yes, I've been on the receiving end there too.

Hi Bev,

Me to rudeness is not required ever.

Col :)

morris_minor
04-02-2013, 09:42
I'm late to the party (story of my life :lol:) - but am doing my bit to get this thread past the 200 posts mark . . .

I too, Bev, have had my name rubbished on "the other place" - though I never went back to see the scurrilous lies for myself. It's much more interesting over here!

synsei
04-02-2013, 09:53
I'm late to the party (story of my life :lol:) - but am doing my bit to get this thread past the 200 posts mark . . .

I too, Bev, have had my name rubbished on "the other place" - though I never went back to see the scurrilous lies for myself. It's much more interesting over here!

...where being a hifi forum we tend to talk about hifi and not constantly bitch about the world and its inhabitants :)

morris_minor
04-02-2013, 10:23
...where being a hifi forum we tend to talk about hifi and not constantly bitch about the world and its inhabitants :)
Indeed!

There's no :donk:, only a little good natured :fence:, and plenty of :yay: !

Barry
04-02-2013, 11:38

There you go - 200 posts.

Now that we have all welcomed Bev to AoS, can we please get back to our usual discussion of all things audio, and draw a line under that other forum?

Marco
04-02-2013, 12:05
Yup, good call, Barry. Let's leave it there now, folks.

Marco.

Beobloke
04-02-2013, 13:42
I too, Bev, have had my name rubbished on "the other place"

I haven't - I'm feeling a bit left out! Although I suppose I come in under the general wrath reserved for reviewers (we're all corrupt you know... :D).

Anyway, welcome Bev, from someone else down Hampshire way!

Joe
04-02-2013, 13:48
It's a given that AoS is the best of all the hi-fi forums*

*Apart from pfm, of course

JazzBones
04-02-2013, 15:56
I haven't - I'm feeling a bit left out! Although I suppose I come in under the general wrath reserved for reviewers (we're all corrupt you know... :D).

Anyway, welcome Bev, from someone else down Hampshire way!

Adam, I bet you even make your lovely wife take your speeding offence points on her license for you? :eyebrows:

JazzBones
04-02-2013, 16:02
Yup, good call, Barry. Let's leave it there now, folks.

Marco.

Okay, but who the hell have I or us been talking about.... did I miss something of importance :scratch:? I must have been having fun :rolleyes:?

DSJR
04-02-2013, 17:10
Yeah, thinking of playing your old Kans with a BRIO R :rofl:

Private joke and answering a question I missed :lol:

petrat
04-02-2013, 17:51
Ah, so this is where you've all gone.
Have I missed anything in the previous 20 pages?
Welcome new member, by the way ...

Marco
05-02-2013, 18:42
Ah, so this is where you've all gone.
Have I missed anything in the previous 20 pages?

Just a very 'bad day at the office' for a certain OAP amp-bodger from Epping! :eyebrows:

Marco.

petrat
06-02-2013, 06:57
Just a very 'bad day at the office' for a certain OAP amp-bodger from Epping! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Yes, life's too short to waste time, energy and words IMO ... there are far more useful and interesting things to discuss.

Marco
06-02-2013, 07:22
Indeed - such as your system... You've got some tasty kit there, Peter, that's right up my street! Pity you're so far away, as I'd love a listen :cool:

Have you posted any pics of it in The Gallery? If not, you are commanded to do so ASAP! ;)

Marco.

petrat
06-02-2013, 07:38
Yes boss! I'll give it a go at the weekend.
As you may have noticed, I have been selling off surplus kit recently ... simply because the main system is now 'getting there' and the experimentation is over. Not perfect, and there is much still to be tweaked, but getting there. The speakers were bought new last April, at a no-brainer once-in-a-lifetime ridiculous discount price, and that prompted all the recent changes. When I got them, I put the speakers in a smallish room, away from the rest of the house, to run them in, with a plan to move them into the big living room later. They are still in the small room, partly because they weigh about 10 stone each and I'm lazy, and feeble, but mainly because they sound so damn good. Also, I can play LOUD without the neighbours complaining. I really am surprised how well they work near-field, but looking forward to a visit soon from a hi-fi mate, when we can haul them into the big room.

Marco
06-02-2013, 07:48
No worries, Peter - you've defo got some fun ahead! And yes, some pics in The Gallery would be great :cool:

Marco.

The Black Adder
06-02-2013, 09:15
Welcome Bev...

It's all good here, and enjoy... that's what it's all about. :)

Cheers
Joe

jandl100
09-02-2013, 07:32
Well, I just left a parting post on the Subjectivist forum having been invited to leave by The Man for daring to have an unanswerable alternative view to his own crazed ravings.

I was quite pleased with it so I thought I would share it with you. :) ===>>

Jerry either answer the points from a reality point of view not from your hurt ego point of view or bugger off again.

Meh.

We have different realities.

I am happy to bugger off again.

Just one thing about "ego" - I posted before that I am happy to admit that my "reviewing" may well be partly an ego thing.

But so is this forum.
It is Il Duce Dunn's ego trip - with you strutting and preening on your Subjectivist forum balcony.

Pot kettle black.
Or more truthfully, hypocrisy at its most blatant.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :D

Marco
09-02-2013, 08:17
Hahahahaha... Nice one, Jerry. Like you said "pot, kettle, black". You are *so* spot on, mate!

Others and I had identified the hypocrisy of Dunn's behaviour and control freakery a long time ago (as I'm sure you had too, but kept to yourself until now), as he frequently accuses others of behaving EXACTLY like he does, but of course his twisted logic, and completely opposite way of looking at things, compared with anyone remotely sane or unbiased, somehow justifies that hypocrisy in his head!! :rolleyes:

What he just doesn't understand is that the 'reality' he sees, and frequently refers to, is FAR from real - and in fact completely alien to everyone else but his two or three arse-lickers and him (especially Jam-rag boy and the illiterate solicitor, who if they crawled any further up Dunn's botty, would double as suppositories). Those two simply pander to his ego, in order to keep him 'on side', should they want to buy equipment from him again or have what they've got repaired. Their sycophantic bum-licking makes me puke...

Ultimately, however, all they're interested in is looking after No1, as after all, Dunn is well known for 'disowning' his customers if they don't serve his ego and do as they're told, so the last thing his fanboys want is to piss him off!

Nope, instead they will suck up to him in public, simply to pacify him, but in private think rather differently about his ridiculous behaviour. In short, they tell him what he wants to hear. The comments I've had expressed to me in private from some of them confirms this. Unfortunately, their two-facedness makes Dunn mistakenly think that he's right, or rather allows him further opportunity to justify his idiocy - and so the cycle of delusion continues.

Anyway, people are starting to wise-up to him, and so we're gradually seeing an exodus from his puerile little blog, that shortly will leave the old tit alone, wallowing in his blinkered 'reality' and talking to himself!! :D

Marco.

DaveK
09-02-2013, 08:57
Marco, I was brought up to believe it is wicked to mock the afflicted :) .
Dave.

Marco
09-02-2013, 09:02
:lolsign:

In Dunn's case, though, the comedy value of watching a fool perform what he was born to do, is difficult to ignore!

Marco.

JazzBones
09-02-2013, 11:02
Hahahahaha... Nice one, Jerry. Like you said "pot, kettle, black". You are *so* spot on!

Others and I had identified the hypocrisy of Dunn's behaviour and control freakery a long time ago (as I'm sure you had too, but kept to yourself until now), as he frequently accuses others of behaving EXACTLY like he does, but of course his twisted logic, and completely opposite way of looking at things to everyone else, somehow justifies that hypocrisy in his head!! :rolleyes:

What he just doesn't understand is that the 'reality' he sees, and frequently refers to, is FAR from real - and in fact completely alien to everyone else but his two or three arse-lickers and him (especially Jam-rag boy and the illiterate solicitor, who if they crawled any further up Dunn's botty, would double as suppositories), who simply pander to his ego, in order to keep him 'on side', should they want to buy equipment from him again or have what they've got repaired. Their sycophantic bum-sucking makes me puke...

Ultimately, however, all they're interested in is looking after No1, as after all, Dunn is well known for 'disowning' his customers if they don't serve his ego and do as they're told, so the last thing his fanboys want is to piss him off!

Nope, instead they will suck up to him in public, simply to pacify him, but in private think rather differently about his ridiculous behaviour. In short, they tell him what he wants to hear. The comments I've had expressed to me in private from some of them confirms this. Unfortunately, their two-facedness makes Dunn mistakenly think that he's right, or rather allows him further opportunity to justify his lunacy - and so the cycle of delusion continues.

Anyway, people are starting to wise-up to him, and so we're gradually seeing an exodus from his puerile little blog, that shortly will leave the old tit alone, wallowing in his blinkered 'reality', talking to himself!! :D

Marco.

Surely we're not talking about little Jammydoughnut :dummy:, is he out of his bag again :eek: and Daisy Q Weasel, business must be bad for her to waste valuable client time, if she's got any that is? Is the Law Society accepting just anyone these days :rolleyes: ???

Marco
09-02-2013, 11:42
Lol - indeed! Would you ever employ a solicitor who, quite clearly, can't spell or construct proper sentences in English? One would imagine that someone who can actually do that handles the correspondence with his clients (poor sods)...

Anyway, one day the fool will learn to spell 'Il DUCE'!! Listen up, Quinny-boy, 'u', in Italian, is pronounced as 'oo'... It is not 'Il Deuce' (or whatever other way you bastardise it). Hopefully one day that fact will penetrate your thick skull! ;)

Surely we're not talking about little Jammydoughnut :dummy:, is he out of his bag again...

Ha - if Jam-rag (A.K.A Captain Always-Ultra) were in possession of two brain cells he'd be dangerous! Anyway, here he is, resplendent in his little 'uniform':

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7899/jammyl.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/jammyl.jpg/)

Aw, bless... I won't mention the obvious connection with The Village People! :lol:

Marco.

JazzBones
09-02-2013, 13:07
:lol: Sorry, I was looking at 'The Man Overboard' sign to see if I could detect any sign of life bobbing up and down, then the penny dropped, I was supposed to looking at that orange thingy... the marmalade dodger:scratch: ?

Marco
09-02-2013, 13:31
If you fancy almost as big a giggle as provided by the YouTube video of him 'dancing' with a pregnant elephant, read this: http://www.nene-valley-audio.com/frames/nva/reviews/challenge.html

...but please make sure that you do it before eating, as the ensuing hilarity will likely result in severe indigestion...!

For a small company, NVA has a lot of balls. The company's latest ad campaign suggests as much. The`NVA Challenge' is an open invitation to the world to shoot NVA equipment down in flames. We couldn't resist having a go.

Yes, and neither could we!

:lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Marco.

DaveK
09-02-2013, 13:48
'Oxygen' and 'Publicity' - nuff said. :)
Dave.

Marco
09-02-2013, 14:18
I know, I know... But the 'open goals' that they keep presenting us with make it difficult not to shoot! :eyebrows:

One of the funniest things about this is that Dunn mistakenly thinks that the relative lack of people contributing to this thread is testament to the fact that they don't share the sentiments being expressed about him.

How dumb can you get?? Agreeing with what's written here is a given, as his deranged behaviour is infamous and so he is almost universally detested, therefore no comment is necessary! Like you say, it’s far better instead not to 'feed the energy monster'. I'm just naughty sometimes and can't resist exposing his blinkered idiocy to widespread ridicule, which is something he so richly deserves...

Anyway, we'll lock the thread now, and return to normality, as this discussion has served its purpose! :exactly:

Marco.