PDA

View Full Version : a quick hello.

Ice
01-02-2013, 16:26
Hi guys,

My name is Stu,just getting into this hifi world. Have been researching a new amp and came across all your posts.
Am looking for an amp less than a grand.
Current set up is sonos zp90, wd media player, ipad, iPhone 5, iMac, rega mira original amp and B and W 600 series floorstaners. Can't remember the model but they are the full floor standers not the smaller ones that go on stands.
My system sounds ok and the sonos built in dac isn't bad but am looking for a new amp to replace the original mira. I like the rega stuff. Perhaps the rega Brio r is the way forwards at a good price point?
Really like the look of the exposure 2010s though if anyone has one for sale? Think I just missed one at good price on here..

Cheers

Stu.

Ice
01-02-2013, 16:30
Guys I am.trying to write a reply to a thread on here but it says access denied. Is there a reason for this? Is it because i am new here?
Really would like to speak to Martin re the exposure 2010s experience and if it has definitely sold?

Cheers

Stu.

The Grand Wazoo
01-02-2013, 18:47
Hi there Stu,
Welcome to AoS.
There are quite a few great amps in your price range and some fantastic ones if you're willing to try something from the used market. Also the community here love nothing more than to help you identify ways to spend your cash!

Were you trying to send Martin a private message? If so, the problem you had would be because you have to have posted a few times before you're able to use the PM facility. Something you put on the open forum will be fine though.

So what sort of music do you like to play?

Alex_UK
01-02-2013, 21:36
Hi Stu, welcome from me too. Plenty of advice for free and assistance in spending your money, and as Chris says, lots of options at that sort of money.

Hope you enjoy the forum. :)