PDA

View Full Version : Oh no. More Ushers

isuckedmandelsonslemons
30-01-2013, 15:46
I swore blind I wouldn't but hell, you only live once. Yep, I've bought another pair of Usher speakers. Not quite from the sublime to the ridiculous . . . Other end of the scale from my monster BE10s, I bought a pair of Ferrari Red S520s

Just wired them up and I'm listening to Led Zeppelin Remasters. FFS how on earth can a tiny pair of speakers sound so bloody good. I'm staggered. Genuinely shocked to the core.

Many thanks to Simon at HiFi Sound. He proved that my 'bad experience' a few months ago was a one off. Excellent service, friendly staff and Simon is a top fella just like Marco said.

Anyway here you go 81568157

Yomanze
30-01-2013, 15:55
Generally simpler crossovers, less box colouration & less room interaction / better imaging than big speakers... :)

PS: fine line between hobby and obsession?!?!?

roob
30-01-2013, 16:01
They seem to be placed a bit high up, do you sit on a bar stool:D

isuckedmandelsonslemons
30-01-2013, 16:20
They seem to be placed a bit high up, do you sit on a bar stool:D

Hi Andrew. No, not a bar stool I'm afraid.

Believe it or not there's method in my madness. The speakers are facing into my gym. I'll be sitting on a bike mounted on a Tacx Fortius virtual reality trainer. Indoor cycling is purgatory but now I'll have nice speakers to listen to.

Macca
31-01-2013, 08:50
I'll be sitting on a bike mounted on a Tacx Fortius virtual reality trainer. .

Nice. Back in my day we had to train in real reality ;)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 08:53
Back I'm your day? What about back my day? Just after the invention of the wheel

Floyddroid
31-01-2013, 08:55
The attic's looking good H. i'll have to get up for a listen? No indoor cycling though. You are right, Simon is a top dude. Hoping to order my Ushers from him very soon.:)

chris@panteg
31-01-2013, 09:05
Like those Harry , don't think I'd have em in red though , but they might be a good match for my pearl lite ?

wiicrackpot
31-01-2013, 09:21
Nice. Back in my day we had to train in real reality ;)

Back I'm your day? What about back my day? Just after the invention of the wheel
Do you guys go to the CTC rally?, not been for many a year but might be tempted to go if you're there and meet for pint in the tent,
it'd be great in a totally hifi free enviroment. :cool:

Oh...nice speakers Harry.

Alex_UK
31-01-2013, 09:49
Must admit I've read some good things about these and they do look an interesting proposition for around £300.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 12:18
Must admit I've read some good things about these and they do look an interesting proposition for around £300.

An even better proposition for £250. Usher prices set to increase soon I'm told.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 12:19
The attic's looking good H. i'll have to get up for a listen? No indoor cycling though. You are right, Simon is a top dude. Hoping to order my Ushers from him very soon.:)

Which ones you getting Steve?

As you know you're welcome any time.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 12:22
Do you guys go to the CTC rally?, not been for many a year but might be tempted to go if you're there and meet for pint in the tent,
it'd be great in a totally hifi free enviroment. :cool:

Oh...nice speakers Harry.

Thanks. Re cycling, despite my advancing years I'm a confirmed Lycra lout. You're more likely to see me thrashing my ancient body round the Mallorca 312 in April. I'm happy to buy you a beer overlooking the Bay of Pollensa.

wiicrackpot
31-01-2013, 12:30
Thanks. Re cycling, despite my advancing years I'm a confirmed Lycra lout. You're more likely to see me thrashing my ancient body round the Mallorca 312 in April. I'm happy to buy you a beer overlooking the Bay of Pollensa.
I've grown out of my Lycra's Harry, leaning more towards the sloppy look to cover my sins and to save the Ladies avoidance of sight for sore eyes. :lol:

It'd be great if i get to Majorca simply for your tales about Mandy or any others that you've cross swords with but York is my whack i'm afraid.

Floyddroid
31-01-2013, 13:01
Mini Dancer 2's. Going to be a while getting them though as i want them in the Pioneer finish. Suits me really because they will arrive just in time for me house move. Don't know what i am going to do with me Ruarks.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 14:03
Andy, I may do York. I could give you a good laugh with tales of Blair, Mandy and their chums. Best three involve John Prescott (odious fat bastard) Alastair Campbell (odious big tall bastard) and Alan Milburn (not a bad bloke compared to the other Noo Labour shitbags)

isuckedmandelsonslemons
31-01-2013, 14:03
Mini Dancer 2's. Going to be a while getting them though as i want them in the Pioneer finish. Suits me really because they will arrive just in time for me house move. Don't know what i am going to do with me Ruarks.

Dancer 2s. Very, very nice.

Mark Grant
31-01-2013, 21:28

That looks a long day :)

http://en.mallorca312.com/route/mallorca-312-iberostar-playa-de-muro.html

The sun will set over the Tramuntana mountains at 20:37 hours on April 27th so you have a lot of kilometres to pedal before it's dark.:eek:

If you do all that in the 14 hours someone should be buying you a few very large beers :cool:

It's beautiful in those mountains at any time of the year.

wiicrackpot
31-01-2013, 23:37
Andy, I may do York. I could give you a good laugh with tales of Blair, Mandy and their chums. Best three involve John Prescott (odious fat bastard) Alastair Campbell (odious big tall bastard) and Alan Milburn (not a bad bloke compared to the other Noo Labour shitbags)
Harry,

Tales of those Ignominious Bastards is well worth the entry fee to sleep rough in a racecourse LOL !!!,
yeah might be up for it, will let you know nearer to the time. :cool:

isuckedmandelsonslemons
01-02-2013, 05:50
That looks a long day :)

http://en.mallorca312.com/route/mallorca-312-iberostar-playa-de-muro.html

The sun will set over the Tramuntana mountains at 20:37 hours on April 27th so you have a lot of kilometres to pedal before it's dark.:eek:

If you do all that in the 14 hours someone should be buying you a few very large beers :cool:

It's beautiful in those mountains at any time of the year.

Hi Mark. Yes it's tough but not the toughest thing I've ever done on a bike. Definitely the most enjoyable though. I love Majorca. Did well in it last year knocked an hour off my best time. Got round in under 11 hours so three hours to spare. Beer o'clock. I suppose 200 miles in 11 hours is not bad for an old bastard.

MikeMusic
01-02-2013, 13:04
Hi Mark. Yes it's tough but not the toughest thing I've ever done on a bike. Definitely the most enjoyable though. I love Majorca. Did well in it last year knocked an hour off my best time. Got round in under 11 hours so three hours to spare. Beer o'clock. I suppose 200 miles in 11 hours is not bad for an old bastard.

Think I would need to increase my normal 20 miles a day to get ready for that !

isuckedmandelsonslemons
01-02-2013, 13:24
Mike, yes you sure would but it would be worth it. When I'm in full training mode 250-300 miles a week is my norm. Saturday ride with my team mates is 90-120 miles.

MikeMusic
01-02-2013, 13:30
Mike, yes you sure would but it would be worth it. When I'm in full training mode 250-300 miles a week is my norm. Saturday ride with my team mates is 90-120 miles.

Need to reduce my 6 day work week too.....

isuckedmandelsonslemons
01-02-2013, 13:38
Yes, I need to increase my 7-day weekend as well. Getting harder and harder ever year. Used to say to team mates 'I'm old enough to be your dad' Now it's 'I'm old enough to be your grandad'. Bloody depressing.

MikeMusic
01-02-2013, 13:47
Yes, I need to increase my 7-day weekend as well. Getting harder and harder ever year. Used to say to team mates 'I'm old enough to be your dad' Now it's 'I'm old enough to be your grandad'. Bloody depressing.

Hah !
I officially became younger than my step kids about 2 years ago when I heard the music they listed to
I'm better looking too !
:)