PDA

View Full Version : New member saying hi.

Stevejas
28-01-2013, 08:42
Hello first things first a little bit about who I am.
My names Steve, just In case there was any confusion, it's not like my user name don't point that out.
Iv been into music since I can remember, i use to play about with my mums old vintage alba system that was in a glass case, by turning the volume and bass etc up and down In time with the beats. This was the start of my music interest.

My set up consists of 2 stantons st8 150 such a joy to use, 2 pioneers 1000 mk2 Cdjs, 1 numark tt1 pro turntable and another numark tt2 pro, along with a denon amp and small bookshelf mordont short speakers.
Drum and bass is my choice of music, but I'm also open to all other types house, jazz.

I owned my first turntables at the age of 14 bought by my self from a paper round, since then iv always had music wrapped around me and now I'm 33 years young I'm passing my passion onto my kids.

Ok that's a little about me now a question I have that's bugging me.
I have a set of stantons st8 150's with bent tone arms its just the tube that's bent just up from where the cart goes, I can't find any where where I can just buy the tonearm tubes, so I was wondering would any tone arm tube fit with in reason from other djing turntables.
If the answers yes, could some one point me in the rite direction please, as I have no clue about the workings etc of turntables ironic really seen as I've been around them most my life.
Is it a easy fix to do yourself?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

MartinT
28-01-2013, 09:45
Hello Steve and welcome to AoS. I guess you're a DJ then?

Stevejas
28-01-2013, 11:02
Not a professional dj mind, never really appealed to me to do it professionally just do the odd party for friends now and then, just like manipulating music to amuse myself.
How about yourself do you do anything like this.

MartinT
28-01-2013, 13:17
No, not at all. The only thing I do is play the gramophone!

Stevejas
29-01-2013, 08:29
Now I'm really stuck can any one help with fixing soldering the wires on a tone arm?
Iv replaced the arms and solders them I'm not even sure I got the wires solderd to the rite place as when I test them out they sound ok but not good, would this be due to the wires not being in the rite order?
I don't have a volt meter etc to test anything, does any one know which colour wires go where on the clips at the end of the tone arm for stantons, or are all turntables the same when it comes to putting the rite colour wire on the clips at the end of the tone arm.

Sorry if this has been posted. I couldn't find anything on the forum.

Marco
29-01-2013, 08:32
Hi Steve,

Best to start a separare thread about this in the DIY section, entitled 'The Drawing Board'. Your query will receive more attention there :)

Marco.

The Grand Wazoo
29-01-2013, 08:39
Yes & take some photos too!

Stevejas
29-01-2013, 08:55
Ok thanks