PDA

View Full Version : hi guys!

money4nothing
28-01-2013, 01:04
so im a 20yr old student doing automotive design at uni (meaning im broke = low hi fi budget), and not exactly what you would call a pro in the world of hi-fi. in fact i know pretty much bugger all on the subject, but im learning ;) thats why im here really.

in terms of my system, its basically gone from bad to worse over a few years, going from one old, cheap amp to another, blowing some nasty speakers allong the way :doh:. however, i recently got myself a pioneer sa-410 off ebay which im pretty chuffed with, and ive got my eye on some speakers, so all is not lost yet :P

when it comes to what music i listen to, i may aswell say that the only music i dont listen to is pop. ive payed guitar for about 10 years, and my taste ranges from electronic stuff (drum and bass, dubstep, house etc), to classic rock, metal, punk, jazz, reggae, motown, rap, blues, prog rock, the list goes on...

right, introductory ramble over
nice to meet you guys ;)

Chris

Jeff Nikon
28-01-2013, 01:33
Hi Chris,

welcome to the Art of Sound. You'll find the guys friendly and laid back here, unlike one or two other forums where the lynch mobs hang out!

Regards

Jeff

John
28-01-2013, 05:38
Hi Chris
Welcome to AOS
I hope you enjoy your time here

MartinT
28-01-2013, 08:17
Hi Chris and welcome to AoS. I guess you're a Dire Straits fan? ;)

money4nothing
28-01-2013, 08:29
cheers guys! :) think i like it here already.

I guess you're a Dire Straits fan? ;)
haha i am indeed mate ;)

Rare Bird
28-01-2013, 08:36
welcome Chris

julesd68
28-01-2013, 13:44
I guess you're a Dire Straits fan? ;)

I didn't pick up that reference - just assumed Chris was another student who wanted money for nothing ... :lol:

Welcome and enjoy ...

money4nothing
28-01-2013, 13:53
haha, yeah im definately that too ;)

Macca
28-01-2013, 14:02
I didn't pick up that reference - just assumed Chris was another student who wanted money for nothing ... :lol:

When I was a student it was more the 'chicks for free' that I was after...

Welcome Chris

money4nothing
28-01-2013, 16:53
When I was a student it was more the 'chicks for free' that I was after...

haha thats brilliant :lol:

thanks man