PDA

View Full Version : Interest check HOVLAND SAPPHIRE AMP

falcoron
27-01-2013, 13:03
This amp was bought only a few weeks ago comes minty fresh, with a total refurb internally with full service health check revalve etc etc, cost nearly £500 a few months ago, work done by 15 audio with full receipt.

Thing is I have the single ended bug and as good as the el34 pp sound is I prefere the SE sound especially with my open baffles.

So this is for sale, all original and very substantial packaging manuals etc intact and as new,
Amp is the best looking you will see anywhere heavy as a small boy at 45kg!

Looking £2600 ovno plus postage costs ( £50 more with insurance, 10" of closed cell foam packaging is the best i have ever seen, very secure.

brand new quad of gold lion KT77 can be supplied at an extra charge but cheaper than i paid, along with the std EL34's the KT77 sound better to me

Pictures available to REAL interested buyers.

Would consider trade, swap for a single ended stereo power amp not mono's as I need to reduce box count.
Not interested in integrated amps thanks.

Art, border patrol, glasshouse, audionote, you know the thing.
cash either way to to a total of £3k
What have you?

Pm please I will send you my email and we can chat.
Thanks
Ron
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc77/falcoron/imagesCA75C9KZ.jpg

falcoron
28-01-2013, 11:01
bump

falcoron
30-01-2013, 08:57
bump

Bump

Trade in swap?

RobsterD
30-01-2013, 23:07
Got my Vindicator sat doing nothing ;) whether it's the Hovland I'm selling or the AN don't mind,might give the Hovland a try on my bass drivers .

montesquieu
31-01-2013, 18:06
If it were me with the Hovland I'd swap it for the Vindicator in a heartbeat,the Hovland is a classic but the AN is a legend if you have the speakers for it. And just the single ended sound you are looking for, Ron ....

falcoron
01-02-2013, 19:00
If it were me with the Hovland I'd swap it for the Vindicator in a heartbeat,the Hovland is a classic but the AN is a legend if you have the speakers for it. And just the single ended sound you are looking for, Ron ....

Could have bought the vindicator but the hovland came along and as I had the pre, well just had to have it. It is very good,the best el34 amp I have ever heard, bar none! And even better with new valves I just bought ( gold lion KT77 and nice vintage RCA eec82 equivalent, really made a huge difference to the whole sound.

Thanks for the bump up
Ron

Looks better than any on the planet with a nuclear proof build and back breaking 95lb weight :stalks:

Rob has changed his mind just as I was going to talk turkey with him, but I can live with the hovland ok it is very very good, if a SE amp that floats my boat then I will change if not I'm happy to keep, just bask in that blue glow ;)

falcoron
02-02-2013, 15:41
Bump

falcoron
05-02-2013, 20:00
Up again, can't believe a hovland is still here. Sublime thing

falcoron
08-02-2013, 15:56
Up again, can't believe a hovland is still here. Sublime thing

Offers, trade in, swap?

falcoron
11-02-2013, 14:46