PDA

View Full Version : Very nice attic find !

candg.wales
25-01-2013, 18:03
I am in the process of restoring my TD160BII / SME 3009 II Imp

I have been searching the net trying to find a dust cover, and was thinking I would have to get a custom made one (ie lots of money which I dont have)

I was rummaging around in my attic and found a custom plinth complete with dust cover and hinges which I completely forgot getting on EBay years ago. At the time I now remember not being impressed with the plinth but looking at it now it is a very well made and substantial oak plinth with Osoplat rubber feet and a base board about 2.5 cm thick

The lid is in very good condition despite the chaos of my attic.

I feel like someone just gave me the best birthday present ever, is that sad ??

Now my search for a lid becomes a search for polishing this little beauty

Have taken pics but still can't work out how to upload on an IPad which is very different from PC...any clues anyone ?

Graham

synsei
25-01-2013, 18:16
Don't you just love it when that happens? I really must have a rummage around in my garage sometime for some forgotten treasures ;)

candg.wales
25-01-2013, 18:32
Love it

This rarely happens to me !

Thinking about taking to it with Brasso to polish it

A lot of ideas on here but I wonder what's actually the best polish for me in the UK

Thanks or replying

Graham

Ducatiist
26-01-2013, 11:39
I've just polished the smoked lid on my Linn Sondek using neat "Mer" (the stuff for cleaning cars and caravans). The lid had some light swirly scratches....God knows where they came from! I'm very pleased with the results, the lid now looks lovely and scratch free. Looked at using the Brasso too, but it felt a bit hash. The Mer didn't feel as course as the Brasso and didn't have that strong smell.
Might be worth trying this first.
Stu

fordy
26-01-2013, 14:52
Have taken pics but still can't work out how to upload on an IPad which is very different from PC...any clues anyone ?

Get the Photobucket app. Take a pic using your ipad, upload to photobucket using your app the copy/paste the IMG code.