PDA

View Full Version : Just to say hello from Doncaster.

Sonyturntableguy
24-01-2013, 10:34
Hi guys. I stumbled upon this great site just last night and was very impressed.:stalks:

Just wanted to say hello and tell you a bit about myself.

I`ve been a Hi Fi fan since the early 70`s but couldn`t ever afford any decent gear back then so I`ve spent the last 20 years making up for it.:lol: Ebay has a lot to answer for!

Had to dramatically downsize the abode a while back and find that I no longer have much in the way of space anymore so most of my "gear" has remained packed up in boxes for a couple of years.:steam:

I`ve been relying on my AV home theatre system for my sounds since moving in but it`s just not the same is it?:( It`s half decent, Denon AV amp and Mission FS1 speakers but it`s come to the time when needs must)

I haven`t yet decided how or where to put my first attempt at a new setup but will probably start by clearing the room of all unnecessary stuff like furniture and getting a beanbag to sit on. :lol:

I`ll just list some of my stuff now as I seem to be burbling quite well.:cool:

Amps.

Quad 33/303
Sony TA 1140
Sony F220
Pioneer SA - 600
ARCAM Alpha
Armstrong 521

Turntables

Sony PS 2250
Sony PS 4750
Sony PS 5520
Dual CS 505
Dual CS 502
Dual CS 415

Plus various cartridges ie Shure V15 III, Shure M75 ED and others :mental:

Speakers.

Ruark Paladin

As you can see it`s all vintage stuff and nothing that would break the bank but it was the dogs after all.:)

Any guesses where the user name came from?;)

Looking forward to spending many a happy hour here and thanks for a great forum.

Dave.

PS. Almost forgot to mention musical taste. Owt that sounds good. No pop rubbish though.:lol:

julesd68
24-01-2013, 11:30
Nice intro Dave! :)

I just googled the Sony 5520 out of interest - sure is a handsome looking chap!
Does it sound as good as it looks??

Wakefield Turntables
24-01-2013, 11:39
Welcome, you will find quite a few people from in and around west and south Yorkshire.

Sonyturntableguy
24-01-2013, 23:32
Nice intro Dave! :)

I just googled the Sony 5520 out of interest - sure is a handsome looking chap!
Does it sound as good as it looks??

Thanks for the welcome Julian.

I`m embarrassed to say that I`ve never actually used it yet.:sorry:
I "rescued" it from Ebay about 6 years ago and just powered it up when I received it. It is in like new condition though. Once I`ve finished my full inventory I`ll test it out and let you know.

Incidentally my first Sony TT was the PS 2250 which I bought new in Germany back in `74. Still in great condition and working perfectly.

Rare Bird
25-01-2013, 00:40
Welcome, you will find quite a few people from in and around west and south Yorkshire.

All good looking blokes are from S.Yorks ;)

John
25-01-2013, 05:50
Welcome to AOS
We have quite few people here who like vintage gear
Great intro by the way

Barry
28-01-2013, 11:46
Welcome to AoS Dave.

Nice introduction - but I think you need few more turntables in your system. :lol:

Enjoy the forum

Rare Bird
28-01-2013, 11:55
Welcome Dave btw..

I'm not a DD fan but any pictures of your Sony 'PS 2250' turntable, i like those motor units..