PDA

View Full Version : Well hello!

mothroth
23-01-2013, 21:26
Hi

New member checking in.

I'm encouraged to say a little about me... My name is Tim, I live in Preston, Lancashire, England. I'm a marketing director for an independent Pet Food company.

My system is highly compromised due to my incredibly interior design concious fiancé and my 3 year old daughter.

However, we plan to move soon and I'll have a SPARE ROOOM! A listening room (also known as guest room) however it will contain my old system currently in storage.

Current every day system is as follows:

Apple iPod dock, 5 x KEF KHT2005.1, REL Strata and REL R305(bass freak) Sony STR-DH800 7.1, SKY HD, PS3, Samsung LED TV and B&W Zeppelin in the kitchen.

my system in storage is Mission 780SE, Own built 50w mono blocks and passive pre amp (silver wiring), Marantz cd63.

I plan to blow the dust off this system and also install a turntable of some sort. Looking forward to discovering my old vinyl again as well as investing in some new black circles too.

That's about it. Hope you drop a note to say hi. My experience is limited and very rusty but I'll help and answer what I can.

:)

mothroth
23-01-2013, 21:36
I forgot to say what music I enjoy. Eclectic. ELO to Elbow. Prokofiev to Slipknot. And all in between. Apart from pop... Not really a big pop fan. Favourite bands? Radiohead, Queens of the stoneage, Bjork, bat for lashes, smashing pumpkins.

Best gig ever - smashing pumpkins at Manchester appolo in 2001 (I think)

I'll shut up now...

The Grand Wazoo
23-01-2013, 21:48
Hi Tim,
Welcome to AoS from me. Lucky you, it sounds like you've got some fun times on their way. There's plenty of expertise & opinion to be had here when you need it.
Thanks for introducing yourself.
Cheers

julesd68
24-01-2013, 11:31
Prokofiev to Slipknot. And all in between.

Love it - I sometimes describe my music taste as Scriabin to Slayer. :D