PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Good phone system

MikeMusic
22-01-2013, 13:09
Just reminded about how good our Panasonic phone system is by a Spam email trying to get me to buy another, "from £8 a week"

Bought this 16/6 Key system PABX in 1993.
Maintenance with Spitfire for 2 years cost me over £100 each year.
I found them unhelpful so decided to do away with the maintenance and take a chance.
Worked fine until 2009 when we moved factory.
'Installed' it myself and it's still working fine
If anything goes wrong it's probably not repairable. But Ebay has a few ...

so for *from* £8 a week I could support a telecoms company to supply me kit and a service I don't need

Seriously if you have a big house or similar, you're happy with simple cabling you can put your own system in

Stratmangler
22-01-2013, 20:53
A616 is it?
They're pretty well bomb proof, and I occasionally come across them at work still.

When it stops working all you need to do is rebuild the power supply using components of the same high quality as the originals and it should see you through to the end of your days :)

MikeMusic
23-01-2013, 08:00
A616 is it?
They're pretty well bomb proof, and I occasionally come across them at work still.

When it stops working all you need to do is rebuild the power supply using components of the same high quality as the originals and it should see you through to the end of your days :)

Yes. 616. One of the best business tools I've ever bought. Years ahead of its time in features so it is still fine now.
I've seen them on Ebay for almost nothing

Stratmangler
23-01-2013, 08:09
Yes. 616. One of the best business tools I've ever bought. Years ahead of its time in features so it is still fine now.
I've seen them on Ebay for almost nothing

Unfortunately 616 is not enough information - Panasonic had put out a few systems before the time you mentioned, and they were all decent enough bits of kit, but they all had inherent problems.

The numbers 616 and 1232 were recurrent themes, and the actual model designation was by letters prefixing the number.

By the length of time it has been working for you I suspect it's one of these

http://www.ekmpowershop4.com/ekmps/shops/wgtslimited/images/aseriesbox.jpg

MikeMusic
23-01-2013, 08:15
Unfortunately 616 is not enough information
616 on the left
KX-T61610BE on the right
Portrait version of the ones in your pic
:)

Stratmangler
23-01-2013, 08:35
KX-T ain't bad - I'm surprised it's still running after all this time to be honest :)

I'm talking about 'em from a maintaining point of view.
The nice aspect about the KX-T616 is that you don't need a manual to hand to program 'em up - if you know the number sequence of the various routines the thing tells you which program level your at before you enter the level, assuming of course you've got a display phone to read the data.

MikeMusic
23-01-2013, 08:48
KX-T ain't bad - I'm surprised it's still running after all this time to be honest :)

I'm talking about 'em from a maintaining point of view.
The nice aspect about the KX-T616 is that you don't need a manual to hand to program 'em up - if you know the number sequence of the various routines the thing tells you which program level your at before you enter the level, assuming of course you've got a display phone to read the data.
Well fingers crossed it won't need any maintenance
Haven't programmed it for ages as email has almost taken over all our phone calls

smithy
23-01-2013, 08:54
We have a SDBS 616 as our work system ,had a panic when water got spilt over the master phone but it dried out OK.

MikeMusic
23-01-2013, 08:58
Solid kit Panasonic
Have loads of Panasonic portables replacing Siemans, BT and others

I laughed when I joined up the dots and found Technics was Panasonic