PDA

View Full Version : XLD - Audirvana Output File Query

Happy Pig
22-01-2013, 13:04
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before but it`s driving me nuts & I would really appreciate some guidance.

Firstly I have set up both devices (XLD & A+) and got them to work, some how, by saving FLAC or AIFF files to documents, then transferring to Audirvana + and then the proxy file to Itunes so I can use ipad remote.

The thing I am confused about is...is documents perhaps not the best place to save to, maybe `music` would be more logical. Then if I transfer from `music` to A+ I assume I must keep the original file..in `music` for it to work.

By doing the above am I doubling up on memory storage, or does A+ mirror the original file...or something?

This maybe simple stuff but it`s the only thing standing between me and a stress free life at the mo so any help would be a Godsend..

Many thanks,

Roger
(a not so happy pig currently)

Happy Pig
23-01-2013, 15:07
Hi, I am still having difficulties with this and would really appreciate some advice, it appears if I delete files once they have been transferred from `music` to Audirvana plus, some remain available others don`t so I am obviously missing the point here.

A mugs guide would be really helpfull.

dionisio
30-01-2013, 12:08
I've not played with the 'proxy files' in Audirvana, but if you're using XLD to transcode it might make more sense to settle on one format (Apple Lossless or AIFF) that iTunes supports, and then use Audirvana's iTunes Integration mode.

One way of adding files to an iTunes library without any duplication is to set XLD to output the files to the 'Automatically add to iTunes' folder, which is located in your iTunes Media Folder. (By default this will be located at /Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Music/iTunes/).

(If you do the above and will have iTunes open all the time, be sure to select the 'Use temporary folder, then move to destination' else I've found XLD crashes).

Hope some of that is useful...