PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....

Happy Pig
21-01-2013, 11:49
Hello,

My name is Roger and I`ve been into high end audio reproduction for years, not massively technical but I know what I hear & like. Once I have what I think is as good as I can afford the music takes over but there is the ongoing story!!

Currently I am struggling with a PC based front end, which recently replaced my Musical Fidelity Nu Vista CD player...

I have a new Apple Mac Mini, Eximus DP!, MF Tri Vista amp & separate power supply to B&W 804`s.

I like most types of music except rap, and I`m not a fan of classical although do enjoy certain types, pieces. Used to be/still am a northern soul fan although revealing equipment does not always favor such recordings.

Not really done the forum thing before and hope I can contribute a little, in my own way.

Cheers..

The Grand Wazoo
21-01-2013, 12:36
Hi Roger,
Welcome to The Art of Sound - don't worry about not having been a forum member before - you chose the best audio forum on the internet, and here you can be sure that no-one will be patronising or rude if you're not sure about something.
Here's a 'How To Do It' (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7549) guide.
There are plenty of friendly and knowledgeable members are on hand to help if help is what you need and we're pretty good on music recommendations too!

Cheers

John
21-01-2013, 18:38
Welcome Roger: About 5 year ago I moved from a highly mod Nu-vista to a computer audio so understand the frustrations of the journey. Lots of good knowledge from folks so get stuck in and enjoy the forum

Happy Pig
21-01-2013, 21:06
Thanks for the welcome guys, interesting to hear about a modified Nu Vista, I just loved the sound of mine, but sadly I'm not the most organised person with cd's, particularly after a beer or two so PCM is, I think the way to go and I am working my way through the variations of Audirvana, XLD & iTunes, flacks, aiffs, waves and so on.....so any help will be very much appreciated.

I see there is a PC music forum and have already seen some interesting & informative posts.

Cheers,

Roger

John
22-01-2013, 06:16
Had mine modified by audiocom had the superclock 3 fitted and improved the power chokes gave the player a lot more resolution

Happy Pig
22-01-2013, 20:53
How much did that cost John I wonder. Given that I'm having a few difficulties with my PC front end (as posted in digital expressions) I've considered getting a Tri Vista off EBay just as a standby.