PDA

View Full Version : Whest whest ps.30rdt YES OR NO?

Wakefield Turntables
18-01-2013, 21:12
I've been thinking about upgrading again and have been thinking about the whest ps.30rdt. Any comments about Whest gear would be greatly appreciated, and has anyone heard one?

Barry
18-01-2013, 21:37
I've been thinking about upgrading again and have been thinking about the whest ps.30rdt. Any comments about Whest gear would be greatly appreciated, and has anyone heard one?

Is that the phono stage? If so Martin (T) is probably best placed to advise you.

Mika K
18-01-2013, 22:39
One of my friends has one of those here in Finland and he seems to enjoy it very much. I have heard it few times in action with two different Lyra cartridges and have no complaints.

Any change to get one to home demo?

John
19-01-2013, 06:02
Nice gear but if you spending that much I hear as many different phonostages as I could

The Black Adder
19-01-2013, 07:49
I had one on loan for 6 months but the Nick Gorham phono stage was much better. Wish I hadn't sold it now.

sq225917
19-01-2013, 10:32
Buy the cheaper version and have another traffo wound for about £80, job done.

Wakefield Turntables
19-01-2013, 11:00
Is that the phono stage? If so Martin (T) is probably best placed to advise you.

Yep I was hoping he would reply, ;)

One of my friends has one of those here in Finland and he seems to enjoy it very much. I have heard it few times in action with two different Lyra cartridges and have no complaints.

Any change to get one to home demo?

Little chance to demo one. Although I continually hear good things about them.

Nice gear but if you spending that much I hear as many different phonostages as I could

I had one on loan for 6 months but the Nick Gorham phono stage was much better. Wish I hadn't sold it now.

Joe. The whest would be be gong in my 1210 setup and not the Radford setup, so from a valve perspective I should imagine a lurcher phonostage would sound much better. Can you describe the soundstage or anything like that?

Wakefield Turntables
19-01-2013, 11:00
Buy the cheaper version and have another traffo wound for about £80, job done.

Care to elaborate simon, what's a Traffo?

The Black Adder
19-01-2013, 12:31
Joe. The whest would be be gong in my 1210 setup and not the Radford setup, so from a valve perspective I should imagine a lurcher phonostage would sound much better. Can you describe the soundstage or anything like that?

Hi Andrew.

Not sure why you think having a valve phono stage wouldn't suit a solid state system to be honest. A good valve stage will give that more fluid and seperated sound. It sounded wide and very clear, lovely bass and can really rock.

Read here:
My new Nick Gorham Phono stage (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8167)

Cheers

Wakefield Turntables
19-01-2013, 22:24
I have already seen this thread. I actually intend at some point this year to get nick to design something for me, perhaps a cost no object valve phono stage??

johnsteer
12-02-2013, 11:45
Joe do you still have the radford as i have the same and just wondered what you think of it John

Wakefield Turntables
12-02-2013, 13:23
No that Radford lives in my house, and no one can have It, so ner:p