PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Jimbo
16-01-2013, 22:43
Hi to all at Art of Sound forum. I have been reading your posts for the last couple of years and thought it would be a good idea to join in as many of the subjects discussed are of interest to me.

I have been interested in getting the "closest approach to the original sound" for many years but have not changed much of my current system in the last 25 years! I did have a modified Leak stereo 20 ( Croft) and a micro pre (Croft) with a garrard 301/decca blue cartridge / Spendor sp2 speakers back then but sold the lot except the speakers. I now intend to return to vinyl and get an new TT and some of Glenns latest amps but not sure which ones as he has developed quite a few recently!

Any suggestions - I was thinking new Croft 25r pre and 7 series Powder with Notts ace spacedeck / Decca:)

The Grand Wazoo
17-01-2013, 01:04
Hi there James.
Here's a very warm welcome to AoS from me. It's great that you've finally decided to join us.
I can guarantee that you'll have some help on your question - there are a lot of Crofters in these parts. The best thing would probably be to ask it again by starting a new thread in the Blank Canvas (http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16) section.

In the meantime, why don't you tell us about the music that's currently tickling your fancy?

Cheers

John
17-01-2013, 06:06
Hi James
Welcome to AOS
Glad you decided to join in the fun

MartinT
17-01-2013, 07:45
Hi James and welcome to AoS. You have impeccable tastes there ;)

Beechwoods
17-01-2013, 09:28
Welcome to AOS James. My next purchase is likely to be a Croft Micro Basic. When the money is saved up!

hifi_dave
18-01-2013, 15:33
Hi James and welcome.

Your amp and TT plans seem like a decent choice to me.

Barry
19-01-2013, 01:51
Welcome to AoS James,

With your approach and choice of intended gear, you have definitely found the right forum in AoS. :)

Welcome again