PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Audioholic

audioholic
16-01-2013, 17:10
Yes I am a Audioholic and have been addicted since I first discovered stereo with a Budget System in the 70's comprising of Richard Allan kit speakers a GarrardSp25 and an amp I can't remember.
I used to bring girls home just so they could be impressed by hearing guitars playing from both sides of the room.That and any other entertainment I could offer to make the evening go with a swing.
Well Now I have traveled my long and winding Audio road and am almost happy,( who ever will be ) with my present outfit.
Which Currently has a pecking order of a Garrard 301 with a Long fettled hadcock, Decca sc4e, A modded lector 6, a Upgraded Croft mega Micro, Graaf Gm20 Otl and the New Klipsch la Scalas. That and of course loads more bits that are on the subs bench.
Hope that just about covers it

Tref

vouk
16-01-2013, 17:31
Hi Trefor and welcome to Audioholics Anonymus (aka AOS).
That seems like an outstanding system you got going there. As a former owner of Graaf amps myself, there's really nothing like them.
If I may, what kind of mods did you do on your Lector CD?

John
16-01-2013, 17:36
Welcome Trevor to AOS
I belong more to Album Anonymous: I tried the ten step programme but did not work for me

audioholic
16-01-2013, 19:34
Hi Trefor and welcome to Audioholics Anonymus (aka AOS).
That seems like an outstanding system you got going there. As a former owner of Graaf amps myself, there's really nothing like them.
If I may, what kind of mods did you do on your Lector CD?
Yeah, that little Graaf was the final piece in the jigsaw, that made all the other tinkering around seem,superfluous .
The main upgrade on the lector was paper in oil caps.

tref

audioholic
16-01-2013, 19:42
Welcome Trevor to AOS
I belong more to Album Anonymous: I tried the ten step programme but did not work for me

Yeah You are right , it should be all about the music, but I'm afraid I just can't help think system first then what to play on it.
Although I have arrived at a stage where I'm nearly able to be content

MartinT
17-01-2013, 07:49
Hi Trefor and welcome to AoS. I used to bring girls home to play music to, but I never found any that I was interested in that were also interested in hi-fi hardware. As it ever was. Still, other things compensated, as you say!

Beechwoods
17-01-2013, 09:29
Welcome to the forum Trefor.

audioholic
17-01-2013, 11:08
what a welcoming forum, must admit have been a long time user of another parallel web universe or two, but none have shown such a warm welcome.
Funny how you bump into a place where you can feel relaxed and at home. There are some angry addicts on other forums out there.

look forward to a enjoyable experience with AOS

Ps Nick, I've got one of those baby pioneer tape machines on a shelf somewhere,is it worth resurrecting ?

bkgengwe
17-01-2013, 13:49
hi Audioholic, are you by any chance from the SA?...it's a small world I must say

audioholic
17-01-2013, 14:58
hi Audioholic, are you by any chance from the SA?...it's a small world I must say

Hi Boikanyo.
It's bigger than you think I'm Uk only

John
17-01-2013, 15:46
We try and keep a friendly atmosphere but like any forum we have our moments

audioholic
17-01-2013, 17:14
Oh Yes I can Imagine,
I have had my head chewed off for making the odd innocent comment.
No fury like the fury of a audiophile who's beliefs are questioned.

John
17-01-2013, 17:21
yes :)

hifi_dave
18-01-2013, 15:39
Hi Trefor and welcome.

Looks like an interesting system. Any chance of a pic of the Mega Micro, just for old time's sake ?

Barry
19-01-2013, 01:48
Welcome to AoS Trefor.

Some interesting kit you have there: Garrard 301/Hadcock/Decca SC4E - nice, very nice!

Enjoy the forum.

Tim
19-01-2013, 12:03
Well Now I have traveled my long and winding Audio road and am almost happy,( who ever will be ) with my present outfit.
There's a few of us who are and I'm one of them ;)

Anyway, welcome aboard and have fun Trefor.

Tim

(I'm also an AA - album anonymous member)