PDA

View Full Version : Jwr159

jwr159
14-01-2013, 17:23
Hi All:

Awesome forum. Particularly interested in the wealth of experience, know how regarding the Technics SL1200 tables.

Located in the USA. I have been into listening to music for a long time, since my early teens (I am not in my 50s). At this point, I like all sorts of music, from classic rock of the 60s through the present, country, folk.

Over the years, my audio components have come and gone. At this point, I have a system that I really enjoy, including Transcendent Sounds SE OT amp and Grounded Grid preamp, Fertin field coil drivers in custom made cabinets, a Model S TDA1541 DAC by Audial, and a Mac computer.

In a somewhat embarrassing episode, a few years back I decided to get back into records. Bought a Lenco and started a diy project, that ended in a disaster. Decided to ditch the project altogether. But the itch to return to vinyl remained.

Recently came across the KAB web site. Reading about the SL1200 got me interested again. One thing led to another and I came across this forum. Really enjoyed reading thread after thread in Techiepedia. Happy to state that I was inspired. I purchased a mint SL1210MK2. Looking forward to its arrival..

MartinT
14-01-2013, 17:59
Hi Jim and welcome to AoS. I assume California is somewhat hotter than we are right now (it's snowing again here)?

Nice one on the Techie purchase, I am a Mk.II user with a fairly highly modified deck. Jump in, enjoy and ask any questions you need answering.

Beechwoods
14-01-2013, 18:11
Welcome to AOS Jim!

jwr159
14-01-2013, 19:13
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, I am in California. But it is unusually cold at the moment. We woke up to a temperature below freezing this morning.

Thanks for the invite on posting questions on the forum. I plan on doing exaxtly that...

The Grand Wazoo
14-01-2013, 23:36
Hi Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
Plenty to read and discuss here for you, I should think.
Cheers