PDA

View Full Version : Another Australian joins the Art

adamg
14-01-2013, 11:45
Hello to one and all.

Looking forward to tapping the brains of Technics 1200 fans as I embark on a few mods.

My listening is split 50 / 50 between my TT and computer and love having the best of both worlds.

Thanks for having me - Adam

synsei
14-01-2013, 11:59
Hi there Adam, welcome aboard mate ;)

Beechwoods
14-01-2013, 12:03
Welcome to AOS Adam!

MartinT
14-01-2013, 12:43
Hi Adam and welcome to AOS.

AlfaGTV
14-01-2013, 13:05
Great to see you here Adam! What kind of music get's a spin then?Regards /Mike

adamg
14-01-2013, 20:21
Great to see you here Adam! What kind of music get's a spin then?Regards /Mike

Thanks all for your welcomes.

Mike,

I like to spread my listening pretty broadly. To rattle off my most played would be female singer / songwriters with a bit soul (Meshell Ndegeocello), various electronic (Groove Armada, Lemon Jelly through to German soundscape - Monolake) and even some dub step (Nero, Skrillex - from Aust), folk (Bill Calahan, Beth Orton), more casual blues and jazz (Ray LaMontagne, Luke Howard Trio - from Aust.), dub reggae (Katchafire, Salmonella Dub both from NZ) and indie pop (The Shins).

Although less often I still love to spin the stuff I grew up with - Ramones, David Bowie, Talking Heads, Black Sabbath, Led Zep, early Metallica, Motorhead, SKA music (The Specials) and especially Australian Indie music like Radio Birdman, Sunnyboys, Lime Spiders, etc.,

George Benson to Charles Aznavour to INXS - I enjoy it.

Just starting to dabble with classical (Tchaikovsky) and prog rock (Porcupine Tree).

Thanks for asking.

Batty
15-01-2013, 10:23
Hi Adam, another Aussie based member here. I'm in Adelaide.

adamg
15-01-2013, 10:52
Hi Steve

I'm not leaving SNA behind but AOS seamed like another friendly and informative forum that I'd like to be a part of when I was researching mods for my SL1200.

I'm on the Gold Coast but hope we cross paths somewhere.

Adam