PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks

Ob_
13-01-2013, 18:14
Hiya,
Like others, I've been lurking for a while, wanted to join in the conversations, and joined up.

My hifi has been Audio Note for quite a while TT2, M2, P2SE, Es (LX) and it sounds delicious: put it this way - I haven't wanted to change anything for years. Except a couple of valves.

I listen to Jazz and Zappa, Rock and indeed Roll, and anything odd, nice, loud, interesting, well recorded, cheesy or nostalgic and my record collection reflects this.

I have a few records and some CDs. Several hundred Zappa shows on the PC and a bunch of my own recordings.

Cataloguing LPs is much easier since I arranged them all by colour of spine.

I am also responsible for starting a Mornington Crescent thread in www.zappateers.com, but promise I wont here!

Cheers

Giles

The Grand Wazoo
13-01-2013, 19:07
Hi Giles & welcome to AoS.
A nice introduction to the natives - thanks for that.

Marco
13-01-2013, 19:42
Hi Giles,

Welcome to AoS! Nice Audio Note system :)

Where's "Obshire"? ;) Please do me a favour and put your proper (approx) geographical location in your profile, as this is required of all members - cheers!

Marco.

Ob_
13-01-2013, 20:02
Ooops - sorry Marco - old habit and too much beer.

Thanks for the welcome, I can be found in South Manchester.

Marco
13-01-2013, 20:12
No problem, Giles, and thanks for putting your correct details in. Just remember that in your profile there should always be your proper location and real first name (if your user name isn't also the same), however, in your signature you can include whatever bollocks you want, as long as it's legal! :eyebrows:

Marco.

Jonboy
13-01-2013, 22:13
Hello and welcome, Very nice System Giles i do like a bit of AN :D

Tarzan
13-01-2013, 22:17
Hello and welcome, Very nice System Giles i do like a bit of AN :D

X2 Welcome aboard Giles.

MartinT
14-01-2013, 12:00
Hello Giles and welcome to AoS :)

Barry
19-01-2013, 22:34
Hiya,
Like others, I've been lurking for a while, wanted to join in the conversations, and joined up.

My hifi has been Audio Note for quite a while TT2, M2, P2SE, Es (LX) and it sounds delicious: put it this way - I haven't wanted to change anything for years. Except a couple of valves.

I listen to Jazz and Zappa, Rock and indeed Roll, and anything odd, nice, loud, interesting, well recorded, cheesy or nostalgic and my record collection reflects this.

I have a few records and some CDs. Several hundred Zappa shows on the PC and a bunch of my own recordings.

Cataloguing LPs is much easier since I arranged them all by colour of spine.

I am also responsible for starting a Mornington Crescent thread in www.zappateers.com, but promise I wont here!

Cheers

Giles

Welcome to AoS Giles.

There are a lot of Zappa fans here so your 'Mornington Crescent' thread might be appreciated!

Enjoy the forum

Ob_
23-01-2013, 21:07
There are a lot of Zappa fans here so your 'Mornington Crescent' thread might be appreciated!

Thanks for the welcome, but are you mad? We have almost 50 pages of extreme international daftness: we are currently playing a three way game of Mornington Crescent, Frankfurt Underground and Sao Paulo Bridges (Songbirds and Slime Moulds were excluded on a technicality). Setting up an LP12 is a doddle compared!