PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Spain!

AntonioJ
12-01-2013, 23:46
...guess I should join in sooner or later.
After lurking for months I thought I wouldn't do better than joining in, and see if I can learn a bit.

Hello everyone, and nice to be in such good company. :wave:
I'm from -and live in- Spain: sunny Valencia on the Mediterranean shore; ..haven't done a search to see whether there are other Spaniards around...

More than into HiFi, I'd say I'm into music. Basically classical all the time, but wouldn't say no to a nice female voice from time to time singing whatever else...

I haven't changed my devices setup as often as I probably would (evolving, I mean), but rather sticking to good sound I've familiarised with.

My first system was a decent Technics CD player, linked to an Aura mosfet integrated, and hence to a lovely pair of Mordaunt Short monitors.
I kept that for over ten years. That gave me many hours of pure enjoyement.

16 years ago, this changed to a Micromega Stage 6 player, MSB Link DAC, Audion Sterling ETSE amp and NEAR 10M speakers (now replaced by Audio Note Ks), this has given me even more enjoyement than I thought I could get. I actually built my CD collection around this system, and learned a lot about timbral accuracy and pace.

It's only recently that I started winding with cables and DACs around...; I got an Caiman+, a Wadia 121, a Meier Corda StageDAC..., and fun begun.
Contacted Mr. Beresford for a Gator board and who knows where will this all end..., learning along the way.
..oh!, yes..., cables too. :mental:

Anyway, enough of me. Glad to be here and cheers everyone!

Antonio
(well..., I'm no junior, almost 50 )

John
13-01-2013, 05:40
Great introduction Antonio hope you enjoy AOS we have a few classical fans hear and many female vocals fans too, nice system

AlfaGTV
13-01-2013, 09:44
As previously spoken; Great intro! Welcome to AoS!

Music is the reason for us hangin' around these forums, right? :)
I actually play music on the elder brother of your CD, the Stage 1, occasionally at least. (I am primarily file based these days, apart from vinyl that is)

And, compliments on your very good English! (imo)

Regards //Mike

Haselsh1
13-01-2013, 12:47
Nice one...! I adore the Audion Sterling ETSE amplifier, I had one back in 2004.

MartinT
14-01-2013, 12:02
Hello Antonio 'senior' and welcome to AoS :)

AntonioJ
14-01-2013, 20:47
Tks gentlemen.
Nice to be here and learning.

Beechwoods
14-01-2013, 21:15
Nice intro, Antonio - Welcome to the forum!

Tim
14-01-2013, 21:19
Hola Antonio, from a fellow music fan and a lover of female vocal ;)

Hope you enjoy your time here, I just posted a great female vocal album in Spinning Today (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=401590&postcount=7645) (Cassandra Wilson) if you have the time to check it out.

Funnily enough I arrived at the forum via a Beresford Caiman, things have changed some since then too.
(I'm no junior either.....!)

AntonioJ
17-01-2013, 22:09
Hola Tim,
good recommendation. Played and liked it. Thank you !
Rgds