PDA

View Full Version : Moving Out Of The 60's

Rare Bird
11-01-2013, 20:34
I've always found a marked difference moving out from the 60's recordings, it's as if everything has suddenly changed regarding song writing/recordings!

Speak all mighty ones.

Barry
11-01-2013, 21:26
I've always found a marked difference moving out from the 60's recordings, it's as if everything has suddenly changed regarding song writing/recordings!

Speak all mighty ones.

Well in a lot of cases the quality declined; though some would say that happened once we had left the '50s. Certainly the mid '60's oil crisis didn't do anything for the weight of LPs!

Seem to remember during the '70s, I had to return many LPs due to poor pressing quality.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with you concerning song writing.

wee tam
11-01-2013, 21:36
still stuck there :scratch:
never really moved on , mind there were a few cockups , small faces , i have a recording of the universall , first half is mono , then switches to stereo :(
and a copy of creams white room , done in 2 takes , first half is fine , second half jumps 2 steps wider deeper , livelier etc

Macca
11-01-2013, 22:47
I agree with the premise although I would put the cut off at '74 or thereabouts. Production gets more sophisticated, the sound more sterile and lyrics become less abstract, and more banal. I'm generalising of course.;)

Ali Tait
12-01-2013, 03:07
I'd agree recording quality has declined since, in fact it's declined since the late '50's IMHO.

Rare Bird
12-01-2013, 07:50
Well if you can put up with mono i suppose so.