PDA

View Full Version : technics lengendary su-8080 integrated amp

jamesie
11-01-2013, 13:31
hi all , i am selling a 1978 technics su-8080 integrated amp , this is one of technics legendary amps and noted for being a little different from the norm for its age , it has twin phono inputs!! thats right 2 x inputs for record decks , these inputs are also have switchable capacitance (high ,low) , not only that the are also switchable between 27 and 47kohm , the amp has direct operation with no capacitors being used in the signal path and dc operation as well , coupled up to twin heavyweight transformers one for each channel , in cosmetically excellent condition and perfect working order , the history of the amp is also known back to 1978 one previous owner since about 6 months ago, i am asking £275 for it , and i am in devon area but i can post , i dont have a pic but i have posted a link

http://www.thevintageknob.org/technics-SU-8080.html

Gromit
11-01-2013, 14:19
Ooh nice!!!

Any chance of some photos? :)

jamesie
11-01-2013, 14:40
sorry no pics at the mo , new laptop and the card reader wont take my sony memory sticks:((( so i am waiting for a new card reader to arrive ,

RobbieGong
11-01-2013, 17:19
Just love the look of amps and equipment from this era, bloody gorgeous pieces of which the list is endless...:) (Fast forward to now and all you get is a case and two knobs lol !!)

jamesie
11-01-2013, 17:51
thanks robbie :) i love this amp but i dont have a home for it , i have a small house and only enough room for one system and no plans to move for the next 5 years, believe me if i had somewhere to set it up i would not sell it , but the idea of putting it in the loft for the foreseeable future is a criminal act , it has seen little use since new and lived in kensington in london up until it came into my posession 6 months ago along with a second pair of technics sb-x5 speakers:))) it has never been repaired or tampered with and it all functions as it should with no crackles on the knobs or switches , the build quality is like nothing you can buy today , i was told this cost £300 in 1978 which if correct index linked to todays values comes out at a tad over £2000 , the same for my sb-x5 speakers these were sold at £160 each in 1978 making them close to £2500 in todays prices, and this was for high mid end gear!!! in comparison to that spending 10 grand on a system today doesnt actually seem that bad .

mad-moon
12-01-2013, 09:41
The Technics SU-8080 has 2 x phono stages..and they are superb..I believe this amp was designed to go with Technics range of DJ TT's...One of the very best amplifiers from Technic's stable...wish I had the money...

jamesie
17-01-2013, 21:12
SOLD!!!!!