PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Notts.

samjmann
09-01-2013, 19:16
Hi all.:)

Hello to all Hi-fi enthusiasts.

Just a few words about myself, I've had an interest in audio since 1972, so much so that I became a Tv and Audio engineer! Perhaps the biggest change I've seen has been the change to digital audio, but more surprisingly the rise of interest in classic audio in the last few years. Been a typical tight fisted engineer, my current system is made up of 'scrap' units. Technics SE-A1000M2, control amp SU-C1000M2, Technics SL-P400 CD player. Speakers are new (yes-honestly) Acoustic Energy. Total spend less than £400. I'm surprised how well it went together! I know the purists will look upwards when they recall an amp that that was fitted with watt meters! but the old Technics delivers a sound that you don't tire of listening to.

Most days I get to look at some older HI-Fi, probably the most satisfying piece of equipment to work on is a 2 channel audio amp. There's something rather pure about a good 2 channel system, perhaps thats part of the appeal.

Regards to you all. samjmann. :)

Beechwoods
09-01-2013, 19:25
Welcome to AOS Jerry!

John
09-01-2013, 19:39
Great to have you here Jerry
What music do you enjoy

samjmann
09-01-2013, 20:52
Hello

Hi John and Beechwoods.

Thanks for the welcome. My music is mainly Paul Simon Simon and Garfunkel, Eva Cassidy, The Stones, Gerry Raferty, on the classical side, Bach and Chopin.

Is there any chance of changing the title of this thread? I meant to say Hello from Notts and not Hell from Notts.. Sorry!

Regards, samjmann.

The Grand Wazoo
10-01-2013, 01:14
Hi Jerry.
I've sorted your thread title for you.
Back to business now...............

Hi Jerry,
Welcome to AoS from me!
So I wonder which are some of your favourite 2-channel amps?

Cheers

freefallrob
10-01-2013, 15:05
Hello Jerry welcome, I just down the road from you probably, I live just off J28 of the M1.