03-01-2013, 11:43
Hello folks..from newbie Alan..my kit is

Logic DM101 mk1 TT / Decca London int.tonearm / Grado cart
Pioneer PD-8700 cd spinner
Samsung blueray
Aiwa 8300 AA pre
Arcam p85 power-amp
Roksan Darius speakers

listen to almost anything but fav.. is Blues/Blues rock...

prestonchipfryer
03-01-2013, 11:44
Hi Alan and welcome to the AoS. :)

mad-moon
03-01-2013, 11:47
Cheeerz John..:)
Hi Alan and welcome to the AoS. :)

MartinT
03-01-2013, 11:52
Hello Alan and welcome to AoS.

That Logic deck and Decca arm look very interesting. With a Grado cartridge, too. How does it sound compared with the Pioneer?

mad-moon
03-01-2013, 12:08
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/spooneymoon/LOGIC19.jpgThe Logic is an exceptionally well built TT...very heavy..This was gifted to me by a friend from Lytham St.Annes...I stripped it and refurbed it..It sounds exceptionally well..and is my main listening tool..I love vinyl..The pioneer stable platter cd spinner is pretty good...but does not compare anywhere near in quality of sound from the TT/Decca/grado combination..the cart pictured is a budget at but it now has a Grado gt which is very lively..
Hello Alan and welcome to AoS.

That Logic deck and Decca arm look very interesting. With a Grado cartridge, too. How does it sound compared with the Pioneer?

Ali Tait
03-01-2013, 12:14
Hi Alan, welcome. I worked for Reyrolle for 20 years. Thete must still be a good few round your parts still emoyed there?

mad-moon
03-01-2013, 12:18
There is little or nothing left of Reyrolle unfortunatley...I believe it was taken over by Siemens..which is now on a newish ind est on the old Monkton cokeworks site..
Hi Alan, welcome. I worked for Reyrolle for 20 years. Thete must still be a good few round your parts still emoyed there?

wee tam
03-01-2013, 12:47
hi alan , how you doing mate ? good to see you on board

MartinT
03-01-2013, 12:48
Lovely - thanks for the image, it looks gorgeous.

Ali Tait
03-01-2013, 13:00
There is little or nothing left of Reyrolle unfortunatley...I believe it was taken over by Siemens..which is now on a newish ind est on the old Monkton cokeworks site..

Aye, Siemens took them over not long before I left. A shame if there's nothing left.

mad-moon
03-01-2013, 17:23
Cheerz Tommy...thought it ws time I joined up...Al...
hi alan , how you doing mate ? good to see you on board

Wilbur
03-01-2013, 17:51
Hi Alan-Welcome from just down the A19 :)

wee tam
03-01-2013, 20:43
and he's being modest about the logic , it came in boxes and almost a basket case , total refurb by alan , and many hand crafted bits to get it going again , one of the nicest builds i've seen in a long time

RichB
04-01-2013, 01:45
Hello Al from up the road in Bill Quay....

I'm still using those stands I got from you. Have to catch up sometime.

System was sounding nice last time I heard it, been all change with mine this year!

Cheers

Rich

mad-moon
04-01-2013, 09:49
Cheerz Rich...I'll have to come have a listen...giv us a shout when you have a bit of spare time...I see you have sold the Technics tt...what are you using now...Al...
Hello Al from up the road in Bill Quay....

I'm still using those stands I got from you. Have to catch up sometime.

System was sounding nice last time I heard it, been all change with mine this year!

Cheers

Rich

RichB
04-01-2013, 10:01
Cheerz Rich...I'll have to come have a listen...giv us a shout when you have a bit of spare time...I see you have sold the Technics tt...what are you using now...Al...

I've got an old SL1210 in stock form with an ortofon concorde from a mate which I intend to bring up to top performance over the next few months. I'm mostly digital but havent got rid of my vinyl quite yet.

I'm working away from home a bit lately but perhaps next Saturday pop by and have a beer and a listen.

Cheers

mad-moon
04-01-2013, 10:15
Thanks Tommy...:)
and he's being modest about the logic , it came in boxes and almost a basket case , total refurb by alan , and many hand crafted bits to get it going again , one of the nicest builds i've seen in a long time

mad-moon
19-09-2014, 07:36
Now got my own listening room..since I chucked the young'un out...it's fab to go into your own room and listen whenever I want..hee-hee...

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/spooneymoon/LISTENINGROOM_zpsa0369a4e.jpg (http://s236.photobucket.com/user/spooneymoon/media/LISTENINGROOM_zpsa0369a4e.jpg.html)

Floyddroid
19-09-2014, 09:21
A massive welcome. Great system and we seem to have a lot in common. I love The Floyd, Clint Eastwood and hifi. I also live in the North East. I hope you can make it to the next NEBO in January.
Aye, Siemens took them over not long before I left. A shame if there's nothing left.

tapid
19-09-2014, 13:43
The darius look classy Alan, also that decca tonearm, would love to hear that with my decca cartridge .Anyway welcome to AOS.