PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Aberdeen!

pjlarge
03-01-2013, 11:32
Hi, I've been a lurker here for a while but this is my first post. I discovered AoS when I heard the Ditton 66 system at Scalford a couple of years ago... I still want a pair!

My system is Naim - 202/200/CD5XS with Rega RS5's. I also have a Pink Triangle Export with a Linn Basik LVX and a Lyra Dorian and an LP12 with a Roksan Nima, Armageddon and AT33PTG. I don't listen to CD very much and use the Pink as my main deck.

Music wise I'll listen to anything good - I always like to be introduced to new music.

Anyway, enough rambling :)

prestonchipfryer
03-01-2013, 11:43
Hi Phil and welcome to the Aos Forum.

Lyra Dorian cartridge, ditto, love it. :)

John
03-01-2013, 12:26
Welcome to AOS Phil

MartinT
03-01-2013, 12:33
Hello Phil and welcome to AoS. How long has the Pink been running? I always thought they were nice sounding decks.

pjlarge
03-01-2013, 13:59
Thanks folks. The Pink was an ebay buy about 4 years ago, it was black ash when I got it and it had a knackered bearing. I stripped it completely and took the plinth back to natural wood, it looks a million times better that way. I also got hold of an anniversary bearing to restore it to its former glory.

It's a great sounding deck - in truth the better arm is on the Linn and it would be logical to swap them over... if I could get hold of a Rega cut armboard for the P-T. That said, it sounds great as it is, the Linn is used so infrequently since the P-T arrived on the scene. I also had a Gyro but it didn't do much for me, the Pink is a keeper though :-)

MartinT
05-01-2013, 14:19
Nice. How do you rate the Lyra versus the AT? I have a 33PTG myself, my backup cartridge.