PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Bromley Kent

sidmini
03-01-2013, 10:11
Hi,

I am looking forward to try and get the best out of my system from the advice from the experts out there.

my current system is B&W silver signature SS30 speakers, pure silver speaker cable, Classe Audio ten power amp, Classe Audio Four pre-amp, Teac ud-h01 dac, cambridge audio CD4SE CD player.

any advice on getting better quality audio from either CD or USD DAC would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

SIDMINI

Marco
03-01-2013, 10:40
Hi Siddharth,

Welcome to AoS. What music do you like to listen to? :)

any advice on getting better quality audio from either CD or USD DAC would be greatly appreciated.

If you start a new thread in the Digital Expressions section of the forum, I'm sure you'll get plenty of good advice! :cool:

Marco.

sidmini
03-01-2013, 11:57
Hi Marco thanks for the welcome.. I like ambient, strings, piano, female / male solo vocals and not over complex music, likes The XX's.

My room is around 20ft x 15ft. I feel I am not getting the best out of computer FLAC audio files via DAC, I am currently using Amarra 2.2 for mac osx as a FLAC player. Most files are 44.1 or 96k FLACs. Do you think the TEAC DAC in my system is the weakest unit?

John
03-01-2013, 12:23
Hi Siddharth
There a few people that help with your advice best to ask in digital expression if about getting the best from Flac, when asking give a but more detail about the DAC you using and are you able to use the mac mini as a dedicated player

MartinT
03-01-2013, 12:36
Hello Siddharth and welcome to AoS :)

sidmini
03-01-2013, 13:34
Thanks Martin! I see you have a Chord power amp, what is your opinion on their new Chord QUTEHD DAC?

sidmini
03-01-2013, 14:21
Thanks John,

I will ask in the said forum section. The DAC I am using is a TEAC UD-H01 24bit 192k burr brown..Yes I have a mac mini as well and could possible use that for hifi. I also have a 1st gen iPad but cant see how that would connect to the DAC properly (even using the camera adapter)

Hi Siddharth
There a few people that help with your advice best to ask in digital expression if about getting the best from Flac, when asking give a but more detail about the DAC you using and are you able to use the mac mini as a dedicated player

MartinT
05-01-2013, 14:16
what is your opinion on their new Chord QUTEHD DAC?

I'm afraid I've only heard it briefly. The thing is, I love Chord power amps but I cannot stand the equipment they use in demonstrations at exhibitions so I would need to hear it in my own system to properly evaluate it.

synsei
05-01-2013, 14:21
Hi Siddharth and welcome to the forum. It's nice to see some more Classe kit on here, I'm rather fond of my DR5 ;)

sidmini
06-01-2013, 19:33
thanks Dave, the older Classe kit are built like tanks! Though the classe four pre-amp I have doesnt have an on/off switch which is a little annoying surely its not meant to be left on?!

John
06-01-2013, 20:19
A lot of equipment is best left on, but surprises me it has no on/off switch sometimes they at the back

sidmini
06-01-2013, 21:39
definitely no switch at the back! will just have to leave it plugged in and look at the nice red led! :rolleyes: