PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a cartridge I've never heard of; God help me...

vouk
29-12-2012, 16:58
Just bought the Phase Tech (Phasemation) P3G; vaguely familiar with the brand but not with this cartridge - therefore a completely blind buy. Will be posting review/impressions and photos when I get it - in the meantime feel free to offer genuine notes of cheer, sympathy or commiseration.:mental:

walpurgis
29-12-2012, 19:42
I've heard of the Phase Tech P3G. They have been for sale on ebay far east listings. I haven't heard one, but the cartridge seems well respected, mind you at over $2000 in the US, it should be pretty decent.

DSJR
29-12-2012, 19:52
I forget that there are many people out there who can blow this kind of dosh blind. Good luck to ya and hope it does the job to great satisfaction :)

Wakefield Turntables
29-12-2012, 20:10
I forget that there are many people out there who can blow this kind of dosh blind. Good luck to ya and hope it does the job to great satisfaction :)

+1 hope it works out for you. :)

Macca
29-12-2012, 23:44

Difficult to get a home demo with a cartridge so what is the option but to take a punt? - plus it adds to the excitement factor - what's life without a little adrenaline rush once in a while?

sq225917
30-12-2012, 01:36
They are good carts, very decent, highly regarded in Japan and Stereo Sound award winners.

http://www.phase-tech.com/

vouk
30-12-2012, 04:08
Getting it at Japan prices, + discount, +healthy trade in for my cartridge, + a lot of monthly installments. Otherwise, this would have been nowhere near affordable for me...

vouk
30-12-2012, 04:10
Difficult to get a home demo with a cartridge so what is the option but to take a punt? - plus it adds to the excitement factor - what's life without a little adrenaline rush once in a while?

Can I quote you on that? When I break the news to the wife?:whippin:

fordy
30-12-2012, 13:04
Best of luck with it. I think I responded to you on the Wam few weeks ago?

Anyway I love my P3 :cool:

archiesdad
30-12-2012, 16:05
Know nothing about the cart, sorry, just a comment on the avatar pic, my daughter has togs book of underwater dogs pics, just brilliant and he's now training an Airedale puppy as his next subject(victim?)

vouk
31-12-2012, 06:34
Best of luck with it. I think I responded to you on the Wam few weeks ago?

Anyway I love my P3 :cool:

Yes mate, you did - thanks for all the useful info. Will report impressions once it gets in.

vouk
31-12-2012, 06:38
Know nothing about the cart, sorry, just a comment on the avatar pic, my daughter has togs book of underwater dogs pics, just brilliant and he's now training an Airedale puppy as his next subject(victim?)

All pics in the series (quite a few I believe) were brilliant! I think I have the link for the full set if interested. I tried to do a series of my own but my pup would go nowhere near the water...