PDA

View Full Version : WTD Naim Snaps

SteveO
28-12-2012, 10:07
Hi, Looking for a Naim Snaps Powersupply.

Cheers.

SteveO
29-12-2012, 13:54
Anyone?

Cash waiting.:)

Rare Bird
29-12-2012, 18:13
Can't you use an Hi-Cap theres a few on auction. Whats it for?

JazzBones
29-12-2012, 18:14
Tom Tom Audio in St Albans, Hertfordshire, might be able to help as he is one of the top dog Naim outlets for both used and new Naim stuff.... prices might shock ! I've noticed that AoS appears not to have many Naim users (I am but one) so I guess there is more support for the marc on PFM but don't believe everything you see and read?

DSJR
29-12-2012, 20:12
Contact Les at Avondale and make your own - better in fact... It's only a bloody transformer and low impedance 24V regulator circuit which took years to be upgraded for lower noise. I bet you could make your own upgraded version including case and sockets for not much difference to ancient used examples should they ever come up (Naim introduced the NAT02 tuner to mop up the residual Snaps's on the market after the HiCap came out...)

SteveO
30-12-2012, 06:16
Hi,

Its for a Naim NAC 12s, the plan was, to start with a snaps and at some point upgrade the internal reg, or fit on board regs to the 12s

I didnt want to spend as much as a hicap, i had a quick look at tom tom audios web site, but nothing available at the moment.

Of course your right. the diy option is probably the best idea, but i am feeling a little lazy at the moment, just wanted to get the 12 up and running with minimum effort.

Cheers.

sq225917
30-12-2012, 08:38
Steve I have an Avondale Audio MSX if you fancy it. A very good, class-A shunt reg Naim style PSU, of course being Avondale connections are power only, no signal. I used to power my Prefix with it, but the Prefix has been replaced by a none Naim phono.

http://avondaleaudio.com/audiophile-linear-power-supply-msx/

There's two small ventilation holes in the top plate, other than that it's as new.

£200

SteveO
30-12-2012, 11:42
Hello Simon, thats a mighty tempting offer, let me have a little think about it.

Thanks.

Steve

DSJR
30-12-2012, 12:02
Just DO IT :lol: It'll better anything Naim made/make of similar capacity.....

sq225917
30-12-2012, 15:07
Yup, it certainly is, it's a better regulator than anything Teddypardo makes as well. Steve if you're ever over Sheffield way you're welcome to borrow it for a while.