PDA

View Full Version : Hello....Pioneer PD-S505

Rossi
28-12-2012, 02:19
As a Dutch guy living in Mexico, I recently found your interesting sound community. When I still lived in the Netherlands, I had my Yamaha receiver, Pioneer deck and Sherwood cd player with a set of decent Pioneer speakers........had to leave it all behind and my family still uses the equipment. After 12 years of listening to an Aiwa tower and pc speakers (with subwoofer) in Mexico, I found it time to get back to where I started: I bought a new Yamaha sd-s300 receiver, jbl bookshelf speakers (1 pro) and tried to run my old cd's on a Philips dvd. This was already a great improvement...... But today I saw a brand new Pioneer cd player pd-s505 in a local store......wrapped up in its original package and plastics. Extraordinary, as this equipment was produced about a decade ago (they also have a brand new 904). I was about to order a Yamaha cdc-600 but when I saw the pioneer and read the good reviews about it....I decided to buy it. It even has a 1 year garanty with Pioneer Mexico. The sound is excellent.........I now realize how bad a cd sounds on a dvd player. I am thrilled.......maybe my memory plays tricks on me but it seems to sound even better than my equipment I had more than a decade ago in the Netherlands. Thanks to your community....your reviews really helped me a lot in selecting my equipment. Unfortunately, in Mexico the available brands and models are very limited. But I guess I managed to build a decent set with a limited budget. Saludos!

jason
29-12-2012, 16:32
Hi Rossi welcome from me.

Jason.