PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Lowlands

Magneplanar
24-12-2012, 02:08
Hello people!

As my name suggests, I'm a big fan of Magnepan speakers.
After many older models, I settled on the model MG3.3R, a true ribbon 3-way Maggie.
It is driven by a simple UcD400 amplifier including an input-switch + potentiometer.

Sources are a thoroughly modified Thorens TD160 with Jelco 250 arm and (dare I say it) a Goldring elektra cartridge.
Due to circumstances beyond my influence I had to sell off many fine audiocomponents and that includes my former cartridge, a Soundsmith Boheme.
Miss that sucker every day, hopefully I'll be able to buy one again someday.

Phonopre is an Astin Trew AT8000 prototype with balanced input (I know), CD player a modified Sony XA50ES, streamer a modified Squeezebox Classic with NAS.

With about 2000 LPs, 1500 CDs and who knows how many GB on the NAS I'm never without music.

In daily life, I am (or rather: was) a self-employed electronic engineer specialized in high-end and studio audio gear.
Due to several heart-related problems and operations I'm not really able to work right now, I hope to get my last surgery in January and to pick up my life again after 2 years.

attilio7
24-12-2012, 13:29
Welcome Sander, I hope things work out for you, health wise. Still every cloud has a silver lining more time to listen to your music. Good luck with the op and getting back to work.

Merry Christmas

:christmas: