PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Audio Studio 20SE

Slawts
22-12-2012, 14:02
I have recently bought a new pair of speakers and am now selling my Monitor Audio Studio 20SE's.

They were bought new in about 1999 from Sevenoaks in Chelsea and are in cherry.

I've used them with integrateds pre/powers and valves. The better the amplification the better they sound.

They are in very good condition but the is a little fading to the veneer here and there and the odd small ding.

I have the original boxes, manual, grilles and spikes. Drive units are all in good condition and they work perfectly.

There's lots of reviews on the internet most good some bad and they are 89db sensitivity and 6ohm loads. Size is 920mmx200mmx260mm.

Collection only and I'm looking for £500.

Many thanks for looking.

Steve

Slawts
05-01-2013, 19:36
A pair of these were on PFM for £595 just before Christmas looking in similar condition and I think sold.

Anyone interested in mine? They're surely good value:rolleyes:

Steve

PhilA
21-01-2013, 11:31
Hi Steven

Your 20s look very nice. Are they still for sale?

Phil

crimson1
22-01-2013, 11:50
Hi steve.
do you still have the 20se speakers for sale. very interested.
All the best Chris.

Slawts
22-01-2013, 21:56
Hi,

Speakers still available.

Cheers,

Steve

crimson1
23-01-2013, 00:40
Hi Steve.
Where in west London are you ?
May be a long round trip for me as i am in hastings.
As you have boxes etc is it not possible to courier these !
At cost to me obviously.
Chris.

Slawts
23-01-2013, 22:07
Hi Steve.
Where in west London are you ?
May be a long round trip for me as i am in hastings.
As you have boxes etc is it not possible to courier these !
At cost to me obviously.
Chris.

Hi Chris,

I'm Ealing Common, just off the North Circular between Chiswick Flyover and Hanger Lane. I really just want to do collection as I want you to see and hear the speakers so you're absolutely happy with them.

I appreciate it's a trek but I have a rather excellent coffee machine if that helps! I ended up going to Bristol to get my new speakers so I sympathise.

I'm around over the weekend and have to declare I have you and another party interested.

Cheers,

Steve

crimson1
26-01-2013, 12:46
Hi Steve
Sorry i have not replied. Malware Google chrome issue.
I appreciate your hospitality on the coffee front.
I have heard a short demo of the 20se a few years ago now. but i don't think the amp was up to the same standards as the speakers.
Its not possible for me to collect. but i am interested if you do not sell them and have to post.
All the best Chris.

Slawts
26-01-2013, 18:31
Hi Steve
Sorry i have not replied. Malware Google chrome issue.
I appreciate your hospitality on the coffee front.
I have heard a short demo of the 20se a few years ago now. but i don't think the amp was up to the same standards as the speakers.
Its not possible for me to collect. but i am interested if you do not sell them and have to post.
All the best Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the interest but they're now sold. The other interested party came and picked them up yesterday.

Sorry about that and good luck on the next pair.

Cheers,

Steve

crimson1
27-01-2013, 13:27
Hi steve
Im sorry to here that but new they would go.
Very slim chance of getting a better all round floorstander than those for that sort of money.
All the best Chris.