PDA

View Full Version : Song ID required chaps

Tarzan
19-12-2012, 09:00
Morning all whilst doing me Crimbo shopping in a large unamed shopping Mall, heard a Christmas song that sounded really good.

Description; It was like a trip hop sound, very slow in tempo and the words "snow is falling" sung by a female vocalist was repeated over and over, asked the salewoman and she had no idea who the artist was- any ideas anyof the kids out there?:)

walpurgis
19-12-2012, 10:09
Andy, try Googling Snow is Falling lyrics. It will probably come up with something.

Just a thought, it wouldn't be a track off the Kate Bush album '50 Words For Snow', by any chance?

keiths
19-12-2012, 10:14
Shirley Horn - "Winter Wonderland" from "Verve Remixed Christmas" ?

EDIT: Forget that - just listened and it doesn't fit your description at all.

Cheers,
Keith

Tarzan
20-12-2012, 06:46
Andy, try Googling Snow is Falling lyrics. It will probably come up with something.

Just a thought, it wouldn't be a track off the Kate Bush album '50 Words For Snow', by any chance?

Will do mate and thanks for the reply- could not ID the singer to be honest as the words were quite a way down in the mix and they were spoken quite softly- Kate Bush doing trip hop:).

Tarzan
06-02-2013, 19:40

No, it is not on the Kate Bush album Geoff, just brought this album and it is sublime! Brilliant recording, and the music is quite simply amazing, what an album, not really a KB fan but am now, thanks for the tip!:cool:

wiicrackpot
17-02-2013, 10:20
No, it is not on the Kate Bush album Geoff, just brought this album and it is sublime! Brilliant recording, and the music is quite simply amazing, what an album, not really a KB fan but am now, thanks for the tip!:cool:
I see 'Aeriel' looming in the horizon, :) did you ever find out what that track was?.

Mr Kipling
17-02-2013, 10:54
The B-side of "Happy Xmass The War Is Over" is "Listen, The Snow Is Falling" written and sung by Yoko Ono. Was going to mention this before but didn't think it would be it, despite it fitting your description.

Just found a download and it sounds better than I remembered it.

What's a "trip hop sound"?

Mr Kipling
17-02-2013, 15:54
Just had another listen to the mp3 and was thinking it's quite nicely constructed image-wise. Like the sound effects too.

You'll find it with an mp3 search.

Ta-Raaa. . .

Tarzan
17-02-2013, 19:12
I see 'Aeriel' looming in the horizon, :) did you ever find out what that track was?.

No Andy,l will just have to wait until next Christmas:lol:, that 50 words for snow is one hell of an album, is 'Aeriel' as good mate?:)

Mr Kipling
17-02-2013, 19:37
If you want to provide an email address I'll send a link.

Mr Kipling
17-02-2013, 20:03
Did it have striking guitar chords? Galaxie 500 and Thea Gilmore have covered it more recently.

Tarzan
17-02-2013, 20:10
Did it have striking guitar chords? Galaxie 500 and Thea Gilmore have covered it more recently.

No, guitars, just a very mellow reasonably slow beat......:)

DAVEDWACK
17-02-2013, 20:27
Really really long shot but:

Merry Xmas Everyone - Darlene Love/The Crystals.....or even Shaky!

No, thought not...oh well, see why I don't post much!

Cheers...Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Kipling
17-02-2013, 21:12
This is what I'm thinking of . It's the most mellow of all the versions I've listened to. But it could be a totally different song.

tKgbRMD3cPg

Audioman
20-02-2013, 21:07
what about this ?

2Wtg_ppU2Mw

Tarzan
21-02-2013, 11:27
Er, no neither of thee two above songs.:(