PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from British Columbia Canada

Laurie54
18-12-2012, 18:34
OK my name is Laurie. Not so hard to figure me thinks. I've been looking around this site and see a lot of store bought equipment. I'm a lover of the build. Started when i was 15yrs old with my first bookshelf speakers and has never stopped. My current system is 5W Class-A per tweet, 20W Class-A per mid, and 120W-AB for bass. Only one crappy 12" sub but maybe one of these days i will build a matching pair of subs. Yes a pair. I also love working with wood and metals etc so i can't think of a better passion than audio to express each of them and enjoy the fruits of my labor. Lately it has been headphone amps and that has gotten me into a tube kick so who knows what will be next. Vinal is still the best, CD's maybe if they are recorded well, tape if it is a very good system and that is my limit. I must admit i am liking the MP3's as the more crap that people listen to and are told is good quality the EASIER to show a person what good sound from a good system ISSSSSSSS. And yes I said two sub's.
As for my music tastes,, most any music as long as it is music created with passion and comes from the heart.

The Grand Wazoo
19-12-2012, 00:10
Hi Laurie,
Welcome to AoS from me - it's nice to have you here.
So what else does your system consist of?

Cheers