PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Penryn, Cornwall

princebuster
18-12-2012, 17:05
Hi,

i'm a chap that lives in Cornwall.

I use a Sondek LP-12 for Vinyl and a Renew DS for Digital as a source.
Speakers are B&W 805 Matrix's and I'm thinking of moving into valve amps, I fancy a change from solid state.

Primarily a lurker, I will have post a few words if something grabs me, or if I'm after advice.

I'll be after (non-brand loyalty) advice later.

Thanks!:cool:

The Grand Wazoo
19-12-2012, 00:12
Hi rob,
Welcome to AoS - so what amps do you have and do you have any idea what valve amps you might be looking at?
Also, why not let us know a little about your musical tastes?

Cheers & welcome once again.

walpurgis
19-12-2012, 00:18
Hi Rob, welcome.

I was in Penryn a couple of days ago. It's a lot better than West London where I am.

Have fun here, I'm sure you'll enjoy it,

Geoff.

princebuster
19-12-2012, 13:13
Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Penryn is lovely, although slightly in Falmouth's shadow, it's a nice enough place in its own right.

I've only had 2 Power amps really, the Linn LK140 and Linn 2200 which I'm in the process of selling.
I've had a bit of brand blindness in regards to Linn, I'm not bashing them, but I've become good friends with an electronic wiz and he's slowly brought me round to the fact that 'new' audio equipment is not necessarily better, nor is 'old' audio gear outdated.
It was all down to ignorance and I was perfectly happy with my Linn gear, but perhaps more 'value' can be achieved elsewhere.
I am happy with my 805 Matrix speakers and my sources are great too, I'm just browsing really...
I'm hearing Quad amps, Leak amps and other things I've forgotten, this place seems a very good resource..
Perhaps I can close my eyes and say a Croft intergrated would be worth listening to.
Perhaps I'm slowly developing a habit...

Effem
19-12-2012, 18:57
Hi,

i'm a chap that lives in Cornwall.

Seems like the Cornish contingent has now expanded to two :lol:

Welcome to AoS