PDA

View Full Version : Does AoS take subs ?

IHP
15-12-2012, 18:01
Not those funny speakers but subscriptions. It's agreat forum anyway but I've just had an utterley pain free and pleasurable sale here and feel I should give something back.

The buyer was Barry btw. He now owns an old amp :-)

The Grand Wazoo
15-12-2012, 23:41
No is the simple answer - no subs are requested or accepted.
Just enjoy the community.

Rare Bird
16-12-2012, 01:21
Hi Ian
I usually give to these guys especially when someone on AOS does a good turn for me.

However you may have your own prefered organisation.... just an idea.

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/

wee tam
16-12-2012, 01:37
or put even simplier , does the a os accept donations ?
No is the simple answer - no subs are requested or accepted.
Just enjoy the community.

IHP
16-12-2012, 16:34
Well look, thanks. Who's site is it ?

I'll throw a donation somewhere out there. Compared to ebay this was a dream. Fees clearly quite reasonable too ;-). And this place turned me onto Croft !

Beechwoods
16-12-2012, 17:18
Marco (http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?u=3)'s the man you're looking for!

I'm surprised he hasn't spotted this already!

isuckedmandelsonslemons
16-12-2012, 20:09
Marco (http://theartofsound.net/forum/member.php?u=3)'s the man you're looking for!

I'm surprised he hasn't spotted this already!

He probably has but is too modest to respond. This forum has been a godsend to me since my return to Hifi and I'd be delighted to make a donation.

Anyway, did I mention I'm banned from the Cyrus Unofficial forum despite paying an extortionate 'dealer' subscription for my son

Yin and yang eh?

chelsea
16-12-2012, 20:34
He probably has but is too modest to respond. This forum has been a godsend to me since my return to Hifi and I'd be delighted to make a donation.

Anyway, did I mention I'm banned from the Cyrus Unofficial forum despite paying an extortionate 'dealer' subscription for my son

Yin and yang eh?

How much do they charge?

Marco
16-12-2012, 20:37
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your offer, which is most kind of you, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the forum. Like Chris said, simply enjoy the fruits of our community, and let your generosity become the benefit of your favourite charity.

Many thanks! :cool:

Marco.

isuckedmandelsonslemons
16-12-2012, 21:06
How much do they charge?

I'd need to check but I think it was £30 or £40.

Did I mention I was banned? No reason given. I am a twat mind.

Alex_UK
16-12-2012, 21:56
I'd need to check but I think it was £30 or £40.

Did I mention I was banned? No reason given. I am a twat mind.

Send me thirty quid Harry and I'll happily ban you. ;) I don't think you're a twat, mind! :)

In all seriousness, contrary to what you may have read elsewhere or assumed, this is entirely a labour of love for Marco, and in no way a commercial venture - he pays the rest of us, but only in kind. :eyebrows:

The Grand Wazoo
16-12-2012, 22:05
Some people think he pays us to say "Yes"!!
Others think we say "Yes" for free.

They're all wrong, 'cos I only ever say "Maybe"...........and I pay him to let me say that.

IHP
17-12-2012, 06:30
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your offer, which is most kind of you, and I'm glad that you're enjoying the forum. Like Chris said, simply enjoy the fruits of our community, and let your generosity become the benefit of your favourite charity.

Many thanks! :cool:

Marco.

Well Cheers and will do. Not selling any Croft though ! ;-)

MartinT
17-12-2012, 11:15
'cos I only ever say "Maybe"

Do you have a smiley for that? :eyebrows:

isuckedmandelsonslemons
17-12-2012, 11:28
Send me thirty quid Harry and I'll happily ban you. ;) I don't think you're a twat, mind! :)

In all seriousness, contrary to what you may have read elsewhere or assumed, this is entirely a labour of love for Marco, and in no way a commercial venture - he pays the rest of us, but only in kind. :eyebrows:

Oh I realise Marco is a philanthropist and all round good egg. Mad as a box of frogs though.