PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hastings

JADISMAN
13-12-2012, 11:04
Although I signed up to AoS ages ago, this is my first post, so a big hello from Hastings!

I’ve been into hi-fi, on and off, since about 1970. My musical tastes are fairly wide and include jazz, classical, rock and country.

I’ve got a fairly random collection of bits and pieces currently set up as two systems, known respectively as the ‘upstairs system’ and the ‘downstairs system’ -how original is that!.

The ‘upstairs system’ comprises a QUAD 33/303/FM3/Laptop/MF V-DAC/Rogers LS3/5as

The downstairs system comprises a Jadis DA30 integrated /ProJect RPM9.1x/AT33PTG/EAR834P Deluxe/Shanling CDT100/QUAD FM4/Harbeth M30s.

I’ve also got a Jadis Orchestra integrated, Astin Trew AT3500 CDP and Harbeth HLP3-ESRs which I swap in and out of the downstairs system as and when the mood takes me. The real reason I have these extra bits of kit is I can’t make my mind up which bits to sell, but that’s another story!

My username is a bit daft. I used it because I have a Jadis amp(s) and no imagination, but as someone on another forum pointed out , I’d be stuffed if I sold them, so I guess I have to keep at least one to justify the handle!

Cheers all:)

Mike

Barry
13-12-2012, 16:11
Welcome to AoS Mike.

Your nomeclature is no worse than say 'System No.1', 'System No.2' etc.

Some nice kit there - and don't worry about your username should you sell your Jadis gear: if you post enough, I'm sure the Admin would be sympathetic to a future name change.

But first things first; we would love to see some photos of both your "upstairs" and "downstairs" systems. :)

Welcome again

Regards

JADISMAN
13-12-2012, 17:31
Welcome to AoS Mike.

Your nomeclature is no worse than say 'System No.1', 'System No.2' etc.

Some nice kit there - and don't worry about your username should you sell your Jadis gear: if you post enough, I'm sure the Admin would be sympathetic to a future name change.

But first things first; we would love to see some photos of both your "upstairs" and "downstairs" systems. :)

Welcome again

Regards

Thanks Barry. I'll try to sort some picks out. Only problem is the "upstairs" system is on shelves in the den, burried among books and files etc., so not exactly photogenic!